Monday, February 5, 2007

TD-Chapter 6

Edward

I sat back in my seat and gloated that I had taken Bella's seat. The seat she wanted. Was it childish of me, hell yeah, but I loved it all the same. I loved one upping her. But more than one upping her, I loved that she could give as good as she got. She was all in for the game. That alone turned me on and drew me back here each and every day.

See I never planned to stay here, I only came to work to make my dad happy. He had a few heart palpitations and he went all soft on us boys. He was certain that he would die any day and he began his quest to have us all in the same town, to marry us off and show us how to take over his business. Now, don't get me wrong I loved my parents and my brothers. I loved being close to them again, the hanging out, the family dinners and all. But this is not how I saw my life.

I think I was always the big city type of person. Going out to eat, hanging out with friends, going dancing, those sorts of activities. But I had to admit, I had adjusted to life in Port Angeles quite well. My Pretty, as I called her, certainly helped me a lot. She took care of all of my needs and never clung to me like a normal woman would. We were both independent in so many ways but we enjoyed each other immensely when we came together. I snickered at my own play on words as Carlisle thanked Bella for his coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment