Monday, February 5, 2007

TD-Chapter 5

Bella

When I opened the side door and walked in Alice motioned me quickly towards the conference room. She was still attached to the headset she used to answer the calls and she deftly fielded several calls while she hand gestured how fast I should move. I giggled as I moved towards my destination. Alice was now and always had been a piece of work. She marched to the beat of a different drummer and had no problem with it. Her eternally bubbly personality made her perfect for the position she filled here. The customer's loved her and some would call just to check in with her and see what sort of gossip she knew each week.

When I arrived at the conference room the others still milled about. I made my way to Carlisle and handed off his coffee. "Here ya go, boss. I thought you might like this today with your big announcement and all. Enjoy." I moved to take the seat at his right hand, Edward slid into the seat right under me. He gave me his lop sided smirk and winked when I realized he had effectively booted me from my seat, right in front of everyone here.

Carlisle took matters into his hands when he called his meeting to order. "Okay, everyone settle down here. Emmett move over and allow Bella to sit down." His hand reached for the phone as he buzzed Alice. "Ali girl, hold all the calls for us. Nothing gets in until we're done, okay?" I loved all the nick names he had for us. Some would consider it almost sexist but not us girls, we loved it. But then again, Carlisle was like a father to all three of us. We held our own but every so often it was nice to have him come to our rescue.

"First of all, Bella thanks for the coffee." I winked at Edward as Carlisle took a big sip. He may have won the seat at Carlisle's right hand but I knew without a doubt that I was his right hand salesperson.

No comments:

Post a Comment