Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 38

Bella

His eyes were wide, his mouth hung open and his pulse raced along under the skin of his neck. But none of those reactions were from fear, they were from elation, shock, happiness, and pure joy.

I stood back and allowed him to come to grips with it, I simply held onto his body to ground him.

"Oh my God, Bella, we need to call my mom and dad. Wait, we need to call Charlie too. Is Renee still on her cruise? How will we tell her? Won't she be mad that she found out last? I guess there's not much we could do about that, I mean, it was her decision to take the cruise…" I reached up and pressed my fingers to his lips to stop him. If I didn't know any better, I would swear that he and Alice were related. Her mouth took off at supersonic speed when she got excited as well.

"We've got time. First, we're going to sleep some, then we'll eat, then if it's not too late, we'll call our parents. Okay?" He nodded and leaned in for another kiss.

His lips pressed against mine with such tenderness and love. I plainly felt it. Then he jerked his head back. "Wait, I thought the test at the dealership said you were not pregnant." His eyes darted back and forth between my own two eyes.

"Well, I guess they were wrong." He leaned back and opened his mouth to speak but I stopped him once again. "I went to see the doctor a week after I took the test at work. He said that it happens often, he suggested that my body just simply wasn't pregnant enough to register on the pregnancy test stick yet. He did both blood and urine, they confirmed that it."

His eyes crinkled at the edges and he laughed at me. "Leave it to you to have to start this off the hard way."

No comments:

Post a Comment