Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 28

Edward

The following week was miserable. Isabella spoke to every single member of the staff except me. It was a long week, to say the least and I felt every single minute of every single day.

I sold plenty of cars but it didn't feel the same. The thrill was gone, the sense of victory was cold and lifeless.

I hated this stupid fucking contest and I hated myself, how could I have messed up such a potential good thing?

I had just realized that Isabella was extremely attractive and I wanted to spend more time with her. Yet here I was alone, depressed and ready to just quit.

I called the only person I could think of that would help me through this situation. "Hey, mom, can I come and talk with you?" I sounded like a five year old but I was too sad to care right now.

"Oh, sweetie, your dad told me, I've expected you to call, come on over." The smile was back to my face, well a much smaller smile but a smile none the less.

I sat and spilled my guts to my mom, all about our contest and my slip up. I shared how I came to the realization of how I felt and that I needed to verbalize things with Isabella. Mom agreed and sent me on my way, after a few hugs and reassurances from her that I would be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment