Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 23

Edward

Several sales and even more hours later, I was starved. I made my way out to the reception desk, I wanted a partner in my eating frenzy. Alice being the pregnant one, I sought out her help in this endeavor.

"Hey, Ali, what ya feel like for lunch, I'm starved." I asked.

"I ate with Bella a little while earlier, but if you feel like some Pork Fried Potstickers, then I'm your girl." I smiled, I knew she was always game for more food, at least for the next few months.

"Sound wonderful to me, would you call in our usual and let me know when it arrives. I have some more paperwork to do, okay?" I dropped more than enough money on her counter as she click her headset and began to dial Mr. Wong's to place our orders.

Less than twenty minutes later, Alice buzzed me in my office to let me know that the food had arrived. I closed up the folder that I worked on and placed it in my drawer. There really was no need because every single employee could be trusted here at Port Angeles Audi but I didn't need for anyone to get the idea that now was a good time to play a prank. A misplaced file would keep me busy for a few hours and that was all they needed around here to pass me in the sales numbers.

Alice and Rose were huddled around the main desk as I approached them. I heard Rose whisper to Alice, 'Do you really think she's pregnant?' as Alice began to nod at Rose. 'How, I mean her test was negative, I saw it with my own eyes. How often are those things wrong?' My ears perked up, normally this wasn't a topic that interested me but let's be honest there were only three female employees and two of them stood in front of me talking. So it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who they spoke about.

I froze. Had I lost my chance with Isabella? I took several steps backwards and bumped into the large card board cut out on the show room floor. It crashed to the ground and alerted Alice and Rosalie to my presence.

"Hey, Edward, here's your lunch." I stood frozen. Stock still, I couldn't move if my life depended on it. At that exact moment, Isabella walked through the door. Her hair flowed around her shoulders and her face was slightly flushed. She was breathtakingly beautiful, and I knew that I had lost my heart to her, the contest be damned, she was the only thing I wanted to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment