Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 27

Edward

I fucked up, plain and simple. See that was why I called Pretty, pretty. I know it made me sound like an asshole but it was to make sure things like this didn't happen. I didn't count on the fact that some asshat would tell the whole company what I called my girl. I would find out who spilled those beans and I would make them pay. In the meantime I had to stay the hell out of Isabella's way.

Because let me tell you, if looks could kill… and all that poetic bullshit. What she didn't know was that I truly felt terrible for the mistake. I didn't mean to call her that at all, I simply meant that she was extremely pretty, beautiful in fact.

"Dude, what the fuck just happened?" Emmett and Jasper rushed over as soon as the dust behind Isabella settled. I still stood leaned against the wall, with my hands stuck in the riot that was my hair.

"I have no idea, she brushed by me and before I knew it I called her Pretty. Well she apparently knew the significance of that name and blew her top. Someone was going to die for gossiping like a fucking old lady at bingo." My eyes wandered around the floor, funny thing was that they did not meet with any other set of eyes out there. It wouldn't be easy but I would find out.

Dad made his way over to us and before his feet even stopped their movement, his mouth started to talk. "Edward, I suggest you keep the personal issues off the floor and deal with them on your own time, we clear?"

"Yes, sir." I bowed my head, I never meant for any aspect of my life to spill over here at work much less my love life. I couldn't let this affect me, I had to win now, if for nothing else but to show them that they couldn't rattle my cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment