Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 29

Edward

Less than two hours later, I was on my way back to the dealership with a new lease on life. I knew exactly what I needed to do and I was prepared to do it.

However, Isabella was nowhere in sight. Her bag was gone from her desk and I now realized that her car was not parked in its usual spot. I rushed to my dad's office. "Dad, where's Isabella?"

"Well, since she won the contest and a vacation, I think she would probably be at her house packing right now. All facts that you would know if you had stuck around and listened to my announcement this afternoon, might I add." His sigh and slight upturn of his mouth let me know that he was not really angry at me at all, he just wanted to give me a hard time. "I know you went to talk to your mom and I get that, but can you keep this shit to after hours? I have a business to run and it doesn't look good when the bosses son runs around and does what the hell ever he wants to do, whenever he wants to do it, okay?" He wore the same smirk as before so this let me know he wasn't anywhere near serious, he just had to say that shit to keep up appearances and all.

I rushed off to Isabella's apartment to try to catch her. I hoped that she wouldn't have a flight for a few hours. I hoped, begged, pleaded and prayed.

However, I arrived to a dark, quiet place. I sunk down onto the floor and felt the tears as they stung my eyes.

Alice showed up a little while later. Apparently, Isabella asked her to come by and water the plants while she was gone. "About time we saw your ass again, where the hell have you been?" I just shrugged. "Well you had better get your ass out there and find her, before she gets so mad that she won't forgive you!" Alice kicked at my feet.

I rushed off before I realized what I had done and immediately charged back to give Alice a kiss on her cheek. "Thanks, Ali, do you know where she went?" I begged.

"No, she said if you could find her then she would know that you really deserved the chance. So go, find her before it's too late." I rushed off again. If Isabella told Alice this kind of information, surely she had to want me to find her. My hope surged again within my body as I rushed away on adrenaline and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment