Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 37

Edward

"Wha…I mean…did you?" I stepped back and scratched my head. I was pretty sure that I heard Pretty's lips utter the word pregnant. I mean I'm pretty sure that is what she said. I played it back again in my head and fuck yes, she had said the word pregnant. "So..like…you, I mean, well. Huh." I ran a hand through my hair. I felt like Forrest Gump when Jenny told him that Little Forrest was his son.

Oh my god, a son. Wait, I had to confirm this first. I couldn't jump to conclusions. I mean, I was there the day she took the pregnancy test at the dealership. It was negative. I know it was, as Alice and Rose both made a point to whisper it rather loudly in my presence about a million times. That day it killed me to not be able to go to her and hold her. I knew how much she wanted kids and we had tried for a few months. I prayed that it would be easy for Bella and me, for her sake.

She had no idea, well, okay she might have had a small one, but I would have loved her every day of forever with or without children. I didn't care. Don't get me wrong, I wanted a house full, tire swings, playhouses with those fake ass ugly kitchens attached, scooters, bikes, big wheel, fuck I wanted it all. But, I would live without that if I had to in order to keep Bella. I loved her more. Plain and simple.

I realized that she stood by and watched every single movement of my body while I played out a full on discussion with myself in my head. "Baby?" I squeaked out through a very dry throat.

Her eyes filled with tears and her mouth turned up into the most beautiful smile I had ever had the pleasure to witness. She simply nodded. I engulfed her in my arms again, picked her up and swung her around. She had made me the happiest man alive, right here in this moment. I couldn't resist the urge to ask one more time. "Really?" She nodded again and lost her fight with her tears, they streamed unstoppable down her face. "Oh, Bella, you have no idea how happy you have made me, a baby!" I pressed a kiss to her lips and my hand flat across her still tiny belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment