Monday, February 5, 2007

TD- Chapter 4

Bella

I knew that Rosalie said she had the coffee but she didn't have coffee for Carlisle. And if I was going to be late, I had better have a damn good reason for it. I didn't think he would appreciate that I wanted a few extra minutes of sleep, besides I didn't want to give Edward any reason to think he had a leg up on me. That bastard had been after me for months now. We had a serious rivalry going on.

I don't really know why though. He just needed to face the facts, I was top dog, numero uno, the big cheese, my name was on the list for the last two years now as the top salesperson. I had no problem with it and he would just have to adjust to life in the number two spot.

It really wasn't my fault that he ran off to some dumb ass business school back east. He flitted around the country and enjoyed his life while his brothers, Rose and I all worked our asses off to make this business not just run but run big. It was hard work on all of our parts, because when Carlisle took over this place it was a month or so from the toilet. We changed everything and began the digging out process.

I rushed through Starbucks and grabbed Carlisle the biggest Caramel Macchiato that they sold. I put it carefully in the cup holder and high tailed my ass across the intersection and pulled into my normal 'salesperson of the month' spot.

That's another thing that burned Edward's ass, he could not stand to see my carbonite black R8 in that spot each day. I loved it. I worked hard for it and would only stop parking there when someone else took over the top spot to boot me out. I didn't see that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment