Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 36

Bella

Edward and I lay half on and half off of the couch. I only hoped that I had not ruined it. That would certainly be hard to explain that charge when it appeared on Carlisle's credit card. I could not, to save my life, think of a way I would be able to explain how I ruined a couch to him or Esme. I mean, he was my father in law, I just couldn't do it.

The heavy, warm body above me moved slightly and pulled me off the couch and toward the bedroom. He made sure to hold onto me and steady my still shaky legs. He knew me well enough to know that a spontaneous fall was an almost sure thing with me around, not to mention the fact that he effectively turned my legs to Jell-O with his sexual escapades.

"Shower or bed first?" He murmured against my temple. His lips brushed across my skin as he spoke.

"Bed, please." He nodded without a break contact with my skin. I wasn't upset in any way. His body was always so warm and inviting after we had been physical with each other. I loved how his arms and hands held me so possessively afterwards.

He offered me a sip of wine that was left for me on the dining room table. I guess it was time to spill the rest of my secret to him.

"No, thanks, baby. I can't." I left it at that. He turned and drew the large glass of Port up to his lips and stopped a fraction of a second before he tasted the wine for himself.

"What does that mean?" His eyes held a slight mix of excitement and fear. The longer I looked at him the more the fear receded and the excitement took its vacant place. I answered a fraction of a second before he lost his mind with wonder.

"Well…" I slapped my hands against my legs as I sighed, "It looks like you will get your wish, we have to come out to everyone when we get home." I leaned back and placed my hands on his shoulders. He set the glass down on the nightstand and wrapped me up in his arms.

"Why do you say that, Pretty?"

"Well, people will think I'm a slut if I show up pregnant without a husband or at least a baby daddy on my arm, don't you think?" I lost him at pregnant, I could tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment