Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 24

Bella

I saw Edward's face as I walked in with my latest conquest, I mean customer. I wanted to gloat about my sale but he looked pale, sick even. So, I took pity on him and I left it alone. I knew how shitty it felt to have someone bury your face into their win when you felt like hell. I was the bigger man…er…woman and left him alone to his misery. Maybe it was a twenty four hour bug we were doomed to pass around. I had been there and done that, so I stayed as far away from Edward as possible, because I did not want that bug back ever again.

Later in the afternoon Carlisle called another meeting, this one was in the conference room, again. I was excited, I hoped that he would announce that all of our hard work paid off and the dealership had been given the award. No such luck. His announcement was a little bit different than I had hoped.

"Okay, people, settle down. I know we have all had a hard few weeks, some of us more than others." He leveled his glance down at Edward and for a brief second I wondered what in the hell Carlisle meant. Before I could ask Tyler leaned over closer and whispered to me.

"Word on the street is that it won't be easy to beat Cullen, seems his girl toy has left him alone until he wins this competition, looks like he has some extra motivation." He sat back smugly in his seat. I nodded my acknowledgment at his statement. See Tyler saw it as encouragement, I saw it as he would be off his game. He would be lonely, sad and most of all horny, so that would put me at an advantage here. I smiled smugly at him and winked.

I tuned back into Carlisle when Edward turned back to his father as well. "Seems we have a tighter race and it may call for a little extra encouragement to reach our goal. So…I'm offering two weeks all expenses paid vacation to the winner. I will pay air fare, hotel and throw in traveling money for the winner and a guest. I suggest you get your asses out there and sell me some cars! I want this people, go make it happen!" I could see the desire in his eyes and I wanted to make it happen for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment