Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 14

Bella

I stood around and watched Edward as he tried to make a sale. He had no idea that I called the girls and told them to come down and work him over. Their job was to be as tough as nails, make him work for it, then at the last minute I would call and pretend to be their mom and tell them to get their asses home right now because they were not going to get a new car. EVER!

Emmett and Jasper both walked up and watched me watch him. I think they knew what was up but they held it together like professionals. Good thing they had a healthy sense of prank playing themselves, otherwise my ass would be busted.

I sipped my coffee and stood stock still. Neither of them had said a word so I wasn't going to either. Why reveal your hand before you had to? At least that is what my daddy taught me. They both sauntered away when Carlisle walked up.

"Why, do you do that to him? You know he will hit the roof when he finds out that you played him. He's broody you know?" I heard the sip that Carlisle took of his coffee. I knew Carlisle well and that sound meant that his mouth was turned up into a smile as he drank.

"Yep, I do." I sighed. "But I just can't let him waltz in here with his college degree and take over without a fight, now can I?" I turned to face him as I spoke. I needed him to see that this was about more than a competition, it was about loving this dealership as more than a job.

"I suppose you're right. If he earns it then fine, if he can't, well then it's all yours!" Carlisle turned and walked away again as quietly as he arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment