Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 19

Edward

I gave in to the pleas of Jasper and Emmett and went out with them. I knew that it was a Friday night but I had to work the next morning, so to me it was not a night that I could afford to be out playing around. I needed to get some sleep, focus, take a long run and prepare for tomorrow. I had plenty of cars to sell. I had to beat Isabella or else My Pretty wouldn't come back. I needed My Pretty in the worst way. She kept me sane.

As we marched into the club to join Rose and Alice I notice that they weren't alone, Isabella sat with them. I had no idea that she would be here. Somehow or another, the two jackasses I was with left that very important part out. They would pay for that later, that was for sure.

I stood off to the side and watched the five of them interact. They all seemed to be having fun and Isabella's face lit up when she laughed. Her skin glowed and her hair caught the lights above the bar. The reddish highlights were clearly visible in this light; I guess I never paid close enough attention to see them before. Maybe they were new, who knew. I just don't think she had ever looked as beautiful as she does right now. I was blown away by this thought. Now was not the time to have those types of thoughts, not when my reputation and a very large bonus were at stake. I could have those later, now was time for my game face. I swallowed the last of my beer and walked away from the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment