Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 17

Bella

I was satisfied that I had done all I could do for the day so I headed home. As soon as my key turned in the door of my apartment, I ditched my shoes. My clothes trailed behind me as I made my way to the bathroom. I wanted a hot bath and a bottomless glass of wine. Nothing else mattered at this moment.

Half way through my mellow playlist, as I soaked in the tub with the second glass of wine, Alice called me. "Woman, come on, we're going out. Meet us." She sounded way too exuberant for a completely sober pregnant woman.

"Alice, I'm in the bath, I can't meet you." I pleaded with her. I knew that it was probably of no use but I still tried.

"Come on Bella, it's not the same without you, please." I could hear Rosalie yell in the background as well, she shouted with enthusiasm about me joining them. "Shut up Rose, I can't hear her, Bella are you coming or not?" The whine in her voice was just enough that I knew there was no way I would get out of going with them. So I pulled the plug out of the drain and sat up. As soon as Alice heard the water make its loud descent down the drain, she began to yell.

"Rose, she's coming! I can hear the water draining! Woo hoo, we'll meet you at Twilight in an hour." Alice shouted directly into my ear and then disconnected the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment