Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 22

Bella

I marched into the dealership and made my way to my office. I had paperwork to prepare and files to get ready. Today was the day, I could feel it. Edward and I had been locked in a battle of wills for almost three days. No matter how hard I tried, he seemed to come back and get fairly close to my sales numbers. In fact yesterday he beat me, I chalked it up to not feeling well.

Rose and Alice both chalked it up to me being pregnant, a test in the ladies restroom quickly staunched that theory though. Alice was sad, she wanted a partner in the baby producing line. Rose was sad because if I wasn't that partner, that meant that Alice would soon turn to her and try to talk her into being the partner. Did I mention how hard it was to say no to Alice? Yeah well, Rose couldn't do it either. Therefore, soon Rose would be knocked up and Alice would be happy.

Today I would take back my victory and not let it go ever again! Today was my day; that was until I saw Edward was already at his desk. His cheeks were slightly flushed, which I now knew meant he had already worked out for the day. I recently overheard him tell Jasper that his morning workouts were what would make or break his day. I suddenly felt nervous; I had to be on my game. I couldn't let him win for a second day in a row, I just couldn't.

I flaunted myself right past his door and bent over to pick up my suddenly slippery car keys. I gave him a large glance at the gap in my blouse and then moved on as suddenly as I came. Take that Mr. Edward Cullen.

No comments:

Post a Comment