Tuesday, February 6, 2007

TD-Chapter 15

Edward

I was almost done with my statistics when heard the blonde's phone ring and wanted to distract her so I stepped closer, close enough to be inappropriate. She hesitated and licked her lips, I was sure I had her but then she answered her phone.

"Hello?"

The other end sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher but the sister must have recognized the voice because she paled immediately.

"Mom, wait…see we were just looking…" Her sentence was cut off and she paled even further. "Okay, we're on our way home, right now, I swear, Mom." Blondie slammed her phone down on the hood of the car and turned to her sister. "Dad told mom where we were, she hit the roof, and we gotta go." They joined hands and left. Without a word to me, no goodbye, no sorry for your time, nothing, they just left me standing there.

I turned to walk back inside and saw Isabella with her phone in her hand and a knowing smile on her face. My feet took off faster than I realized I could run in dress shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment