Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chapter 35- All In

Playlist:All In-Lifehouse, Come On Get Higher-Sugarland or Matt Nathanson, I Want You To Want Me-Cheap Trick, My Best Friend-Tim McGraw, All The Way-Celine Dion & Frank Sinatra, Count Me In- Deana Carter, I Know How The River Feels-Ty Herndon, Two Less Lonely People In The World-Air Supply, U Must Be- Gina Rene


Chapter 35- All In

All night staring at the ceiling, counting minutes, I've been feeling this way

So far away and so alone
But you know it's all right, I came to my senses, letting go of my defenses
There's no way I'm giving up this time
Yeah you know I'm right here I'm not losing you this time

And I'm all in nothing left to hide
I've fallen harder than a landslide I spent a week away from you last night And now I'm calling, calling out your name
Even if I lose the game, I'm all in, I'm all in tonight
Yea I'm all in, I'm all in for life

There's no taking back what we've got It's too strong, we've had each other's back for too long There's no breaking up this time
And you know its okay, I came to my senses, letting go of my defenses.
There's no way I'm giving up this time.

And I'm all in nothing left to hide
I've fallen harder than a landslide I spent a week away from you last night And now I'm calling, calling out your name.
Even if I lose game, I'm all in, I'm all in tonight
Yea I'm all in, I'm all in for life

I want, I want
Yeah I want, yeah I want, I want, I want, yeah I want, I want, I want, yeah I want
And I'm calling, calling out your name
Even if I lose the game, I'm all in, I'm all in for life

And I'm all in nothing left to hide
I've fallen harder than a landslide I spent a week away from you last night And now I'm calling, calling out your name.
Even if I lose the game, I'm all in, I'm all in tonight
Yea I'm all in, I'm all for life Yea I'm all in, I'm all in for life

Lifehouse-All In


Edward's POV

Waking up with Bella in my arms filled me with two emotions-excitement and fear. Excitement, because I was going to ask Bella to marry me tonight, and fear, well…because I was going to ask Bella to marry me tonight! I switched off those emotions and concentrated on appearing normal until tonight came. Bella stirred beside me, so I focused on her.

"Morning, angel, Alice texted me a few minutes ago and laid out the itinerary for us today. We have exactly thirty minutes to get down to the lobby so we can be on our way." Bella's groan mimicked mine when I read the text. All I really wanted was to stay here in bed with Bella all day. Not be out sightseeing with everyone else. We had plenty of time to come back later and see the sights of San Francisco.

Our plan for today is to head over to The Exploratorium, a science museum for Carlisle, then over to the Golden Gate Bridge and the Golden Gate Park for the girls. The park also allowed us to see the Japanese Tea Gardens as well. After that we're heading to Lombard Street to see the most crooked street in San Francisco before we go for lunch. We can take the Trolley to and from Lombard Street that will make Jasper happy as well. So, it looks like today would go a long way to making all of us happy. Me especially, well actually tonight will make me happy but I will have a great time watching Bella enjoy herself today.

Lunch was a crazy affair, with all of us talking over each other. Making it pretty much (normal) a normal meal for our family. We ate at Calzone's Italian Restaurant. The food was wonderful, and the best part was feeding Bella. I made a point to feed her small bites often. I couldn't stop looking at her mouth and the joy in her eyes as she enjoyed her day with us.

We took so long eating that we had to rush to make it back to the hotel in time for us to get ready.

Bella showered in our room and then rushed off to finish getting dressed in Alice's room. Jasper and Emmett slipped in to our room to wait with me while the girls made themselves perfect for us. If they only realized even when they looked their worst, they were still perfect in our eyes and always would be. Eventually Carlisle joined us explaining that Esme went over to hurry the girls along.

I had done my research on this dinner cruise. It would take the six of us out around the bay and allow us to see the landmark sights. We would tour past Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, watch the sun set over the Pacific and then see the lights of the city while we ate dinner. After dinner we would dance out on the deck. That is when I would ask her to marry me, surrounded by our family.

Every time the nerves hit me I would rub the pocket of my pants that held the ring. I took it out of the box, risky move I know, but I didn't want the tell tale box's shape to give away my plans. No matter which pocket I put it in you could see it, so I removed it and placed it in my right pants pocket.

I knew Bella loved me, I knew it for sure. But that small amount of doubt that she would say yes was killing me. It made my throat hurt, my chest ache and let's not even talk about what it was doing to my stomach.

I almost, almost took Carlisle up on his offer to take something for my nerves. I declined when I realized that I would be, even if it was slightly, under the influence of something else and I wanted this moment to be my heart talking to hers. Not some pill talking.

We had about an hour before we started the cruise and about two hours on the cruise, so in about three hours I would know if Bella was going to be my wife. WIFE! The thought thrilled me beyond words. I wanted to wake up to her every day, sleep with her every night and enjoy all the crazy moments in between those two activities. I wanted children with Bella, lots of children. The thought of her belly swollen with my child caused me to moan out loud, which caused Emmett, Jasper and Carlisle to look over at me with confusion. I simply shrugged my shoulders at them. I wasn't about to go into explaining that reaction to any of them.

I began to pace around the room the time was going way to slow, I was sure three times that the clock has stopped moving all together. Just then the door swung open and in stepped the most beautiful creature on earth.

She was wearing that dress I saw back at the house. It was black velvet and tied over one shoulder—I love her shoulders, like seriously love them. The tie draped down the front of her beautiful body. The dress ended mid-thigh, it was just enough to give me a wonder sexy daydreams in my head but not enough to cause others to stare at her. Her sexy feet were tied into a pair of heels that wound around her sexy calves and then tied in the back. She had on a small pair of earrings and a simple bangle. That's all the jewelry she wore. She was elegant, sexy and absolutely perfect. I will forever remember the way she looked tonight.

She cleared her throat and I realized that the whole room was watching me appreciate Bella. Bella was embarrassed by this moment, but she shouldn't be. She deserved to be adored and worshiped; I would spend the rest of my life doing just that, if she would let me. I rubbed the pocket of my pants again, once more touching the ring. I allowed it to immediately push away any doubts and only fill my head with the joy that I would feel hearing her say yes to me.

I took her hand and gently kissed the back of it. "I know that I say this all the time but, Bella, there are no words to describe how you look tonight. You are so beautiful."

She blushed and ducked her head. "I bought this dress while you were in Seattle the second time. I wanted to wear it somewhere with you; I was just waiting on the perfect occasion. You like it?" She asked, her voice dropping to a whisper.

"It's perfect, you're perfect." I pulled her close and kissed her gently on the mouth. I wanted so much more but I knew that I could wait until later for that. Tonight it would mean so much more than it does now.

Carlisle cleared his throat and announced, "All right enough sappy stuff, let's get this show on the road."

The limo was waiting out front for us as we left the hotel. I liked the idea of showing Bella off, a little. I didn't want guys staring at her and thinking disgusting thoughts that is for sure. But, I won't lie, it felt good to have people watch us walk by and think 'What a lucky bastard he is!' I only had eyes for her and I couldn't allow her to stray even a foot from me. Her body was my lifeline, without her touch I would slowly fade away into nothing. I needed her more than she would ever know.

Everyone talked and enjoyed themselves. I just watched Bella. I watched Bella all through the limo ride, through the cocktails as we traveled around the bay, through dinner. I watched her alone. I couldn't pull my eyes away from her. She caught my eyes often and smiled every time she did. She knew something was going on but she didn't comment or ask. I smiled at her trying to let her know that I was off a little tonight but it was a good kind of off.

Our dinner was wonderful. We enjoyed the great food and the great company. The music started as they were clearing the desert plates from our table.

"Would you like to dance with me, madam?" I asked as I took her hand in mine. I expected some funny comment about signing my death warrant or something but she simply stood and walked with me to the area they had for dancing. None of the other couples had made it over to us yet. They were each wrapped up in their own little worlds at their own tables.

Because we were the only couples on the cruise for the evening each couple was offered separate tables. It was nice to look back on the memory and know that they were there with me but Bella and I were in our own space sharing it together.

As I took Bella in my arms, she sighed. "You doing okay, love?"

"I'm doing more than okay, Edward, perfect in fact." Her smile radiated throughout her whole face. Her eye sparkled with the joy she felt.

"I'm glad. How was your dinner?" I tried for casual conversation, in my mind it was a total fail but perhaps Bella didn't think so. Just then her eyebrow cocked up and she gave a disbelieving look, but answered anyway.

"Dinner was great, so was dessert, the music is nice, the atmosphere is lovely, the night is perfect, the stars are brilliant, the family is subdued, the whole thing is perfect-except you. You're a million miles away, and you have been all night. What's wrong?" The anxiety was clearly showing in her voice.

"I'm sorry, I was just so wrapped up in it all. Everything, you, me, us, just everything. I'm so happy, more than you will ever know. I just don't know what I have ever done to be given all of this, to be given you." My eyes darted all around the boat taking in the surrounding scenery but I lowered them down to look directly at her when I finished my sentence.

"Oh, Edward." She reached up on her tip toes and placed a kiss right on my lips. It was soft and gentle but it held the promise of her passion right below the surface.

"I mean it Bella. I have never had someone who understood me so completely. Not my mother, father, or any of any of my other family, no friends, no one. Just you. You are my best friend, my lover, my partner, my true other half. I know without a doubt that I can count on you no matter what happens. Sure, we've had our ups and down but we handled them together." She nodded at me and opened her mouth to speak. I rushed ahead, if I didn't get it out now I never would. "That is the one quality about my parents and Carlisle and Esme's marriage that I always envied. They had someone to go to no matter what was going on; someone that was their safe haven. I want that Bella. I want it with you. I love you, Bella. I think I have always loved you." I hugged her close and placed a kiss on her temple. Then I pulled away for I could look her in the face when I said the rest. "I can't imagine my life without you. Life with you makes perfect sense. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Please, Isabella Marie Swan, tell me that you will spend forever with me. Marry me and make me the happiest man alive." I pulled the ring out of my pocket and held it up for her to see.

She gasped and buried her head in my chest. No words, she just simply held up her ring finger on her left hand. I slid the ring down on it and kiss it when it was in place.

"Aren't you supposed to be down on one knee mister?" Her voice was full of disapproval but her eyes radiated happiness.

"Can I take that as a yes?" I nodded towards her left hand she had placed in the middle of my chest, eye level for her so she could look at the ring.

Her eyes went wide as she realized that she had not in fact answered my question. "Yes, oh yes, Edward, definitely yes!"

No sooner than I had slipped the ring on her finger, my lips immediately sought hers as the words that made me the happiest man alive slipped from her mouth. Relief, vast amounts of relief that she could possibly love me as much as I love her and want to spend the rest of her life with me.

The song changed as we began to sway together again. Celine Dion remade the Frank Sinatra song with him, All the Way. I didn't care much for Celine but Frank's version was quite smooth. I couldn't help but pipe in when Frank began singing.

Taller than the tallest tree is, that's how it's got to feel.

Deeper than the deep blue sea is, that's how deep it goes if it's real

Bella joined and we sang the rest of the song together. It felt so good to hear her echo the exact sentiment that my heart-felt.

When somebody needs you, it's no good unless she needs you all the way.

Through the good or lean years and for all those in between years, come what may.

Who knows where the road will lead us, only a fool would say.

But if you let me love, it's for sure I'm gonna love you.

All the way, I'm gonna love you all the way.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Frank, thanks.

"I promise, Bella, all the way. I know what it's like to be without you and I can't do that again. I just can't. You've made me so happy today, you have no idea." I kissed her again, pouring all my love into that one kiss.

We broke off the kiss when we both ran out of breath, but our lips remained in contact with each other. "I love you, Bella, I will make you the happiest woman alive, I promise you that."

"I know, Edward. I can't wait." She whispered back against my lips.

I wanted to take her back to the hotel and show her how happy she had made me, I wanted to make love to my fiancé. That thought was ended as quickly as it began when the other members of our family came crashing in around us. Emmett grabbed Bella and swung her around. Esme planted a kiss on my cheek, her eye full of unshed tears.

"Edward, I am so happy for you both. I knew deep down in my heart all along that you two belonged together. Your parents would be so happy, they would love Bella." Her tears began their descent down her cheeks as my eyes filled up thinking of the two people that I would never get to tell about my Bella. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to ward off the sadness on this happy night. Esme pulled my forehead down to meet her, "Charlie would be just as happy, you know." I simply nodded at her as Alice slid under my arm and pulled me into her small arms.

Jasper was sort of dancing with Bella, he was talking to her and she was nodding back at him. Her face was a glow and happiness shined from every pore. Rosalie slid under my other arm as well. Their hands met in the middle as they each hugged me.

"Edward, Alice and I tease you often but we are both so happy to see you find what you deserve. What you both deserve. Make her happy or else I'll cut your balls off and feed them to you for dinner." Rose nodded and then walked away to dance with Emmett.

"She's right, Edward, you both deserve this happiness. Don't over think it, just love her and keep her happy. If you do those things your life will be happy as well." She pulled me down so she could kiss my cheek and walked away as Bella made her way back to me.

Carlisle clapped me on my back as he walked around to face me. He pulled Bella and I both in for a hug. "I love you both. You are both my children, which is kind of creepy considering you two to be getting married." We all threw our heads back and laughed. The release of emotion felt just as good as the few tears I shed over my parents not being here. He kissed Bella's left cheek and placed a hand on my right one. "Make each other happy first and you happiness will follow. I love you both."

The waiters had brought out the champagne for us to celebrate with. I handed Bella the first glass and took one for myself. When we each had a glass, I raised mine and looked down at Bella.

"By some stretch of the imagination, this wonderful woman has agreed to be my wife. She has made me the happiest man alive." I glanced at the faces of our family, thinking how Bella had completed our circle. I looked back at her. "I love you more than I can say, thank you." I kissed her, my lips explaining the emotion quite well.

"To Bella and Edward!" Everyone shouted.

We hung out and finished the cruise, which took way too long to wrap it all up. I wanted to take Bella to bed and show her how happy she made me. How deep in love I was with her. Time seemed to be moving in slow motion for me now. Bella seemed to be enjoying her evening, so I settled back into my seat beside her and waited for our alone time.

Carlisle suggested that we take the limo back to the hotel and they rest of them would catch a cab. I guess that my subtle ways weren't so subtle.

I stood watching Bella remove her jewelry in the bathroom. Everything but that very important piece of jewelry that I had placed on her finger tonight. The piece that would stay there for the rest of our lives. The soft glow of the lights made her skin glow. She looked so beautiful. Her diamond ring caught the light and casted small glints of light all over the mirror in the bathroom. Every time she saw the glints a smile would take over her face. She was truly overjoyed at being engaged to me. I had to clutch my chest to stop my heart from bursting forth from my chest. It was so filled with love for Bella.

I slowly stepped over to her as she struggled with the zipper on her dress. It was under her left arm. I raised her arm and placed it on my shoulder and slid the zipper down. Once it reached the bottom, I pulled the bow that covered her shoulder down her arm and helped her out of her dress.

As beautiful as she was in her dress, she was even more so out of it. Bella was wearing a black satin corset with lace panties and a garter that matched. She had on black thigh highs that were held up by the garter belt. The corset hugged her perfect curves and made them look delicious. I couldn't resist running my hand along the side of her body, feeling the soft satin slid under my fingers.

"Bella, you are perfection."

She blushed and pushed my hand away from her body, trying to remove the corset.

"No, let me please." She nodded as I drug both my hands up her curves to the top closure. I couldn't help but place a kiss right against the swell of her breast that showed at the top of the soft fabric. The feel of her skin was ten times softer than the material ever hoped to be. I slipped open each closure and revealed more skin to my touch and eyes. I couldn't move slow enough or fast enough to suit my fickle body. One moment I wanted it slow and sensual; the next second I wanted it fast so that I could look upon her whole body without any interruptions.

Bella leaned against the counter-tops in the bathroom, gripping them for support. She didn't utter any sounds but her face showed me that she enjoyed all that she was feeling.

Once her corset was gone, I made quick work of untying her shoes and removed them. Next I slid her sexy black stockings down each leg, kissing the flesh along the way. Then I pulled the garter belt off of her body. Her chest was heaving with the unsteady breaths she was pulling into her body. Her body was flushed a slight shade of pink. Bella always hated her blush but she had no idea the things that simple blush did for me. I almost wish that she could maintain that perfect color all the time. Almost.

Bella's head had lolled back, allowing her hair to drape down her back. I could feel the tips of it brush against my hand when I placed it along the small of her back. My other hand reached up and pulled her chin upright to look directly at me.

"Let me love you, Bella." Her bottom lip slipped in between her teeth as a small moan escaped her lovely mouth. I didn't wait for any other reaction; I pulled her up into my arms and carried her to the bed.

When she was settled down in the middle, I walked over to the dresser and dropped my iPod in the dock. I quickly found the playlist I had made for tonight. I wanted slow, oh so slow music to make love to her with.

The first song began to pour from the speakers. I made my way back to Bella. I could see her body practically vibrating waiting for my touch. There was no way I was going to put her out of her misery, yet. I was still half dressed so I stepped back and removed my shirt, belt, and my slacks. I dropped them into the chair on the other side of the room. My underwear joined them on the floor before I turned to walk back across the room, naked, to join Bella. Her eyes watched me and took me in, their path felt like small electric shocks across my skin.

Bella laid out on the bed in nothing but her small lacey panties were my undoing. I couldn't have kept my body away from hers even if I had wanted to. I needed to be with her in the bed, just like I needed oxygen. I pulled them off of her and laid my naked body on top of hers.

"You have been so quiet tonight, are you okay?" I asked worried that we were moving too fast for her.

"Yes, baby, I'm so much more than okay. I can't wait to be your wife." She responded as her hand found my cheek. I could feel the cool temperature of the metal of her ring against my cheek.

"Do you like your ring?"

"Edward, it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It came from you so I love it." Being this close to her allowed me to see the golden flecks in her eyes that shown like diamonds. She looked up at me from under her lashes, "I can't wait to be your wife, Edward. You have made me so happy."

My lips found hers, moving across hers in desperation. Hers were matching my movements, the desperation was being returned by her. Oxygen seemed to have no importance to either of us. The kiss seemed to go on forever, but I couldn't complain. The desire didn't lessen with her touch, it in fact increased exponentially. It was ready to consume me, and if it did then I would die a happy man.

I pushed Bella's hand up over her head and joined mine with hers. No foreplay, no teasing, I simply slid right into her silky warmth. My tongue joined hers and matched the rhythm that my lower body was setting. Bella's moans were the only sound in the room. I felt her nipples as they rubbed across my chest, each pass they grew harder. I longed to take them into my mouth but I simply couldn't talk myself into leaving her mouth and tongue alone.

When our mouths weren't lock together our eyes were. We held hands, as I slid in and out of Bella. All the way in with deep strokes that caused Bella to raise her hips to meet my push. Then a slow retreat that made her arch her back. The slow rhythm building in intensity, push me higher and higher. I could feel the tingling crawl across my stomach and descend my body.

"You're my other half, Bella. I love you so fucking much." I licked across her neck and tasted the salt of her tears.

I rose up on my forearms, to look down at her. The tears were slowly slipping from the corners of her eyes. But her smile was amazing; it showed that the tears were the joyful kind.

"Bella?" I asked, halting my movements.

"No! Don't stop, please. You've made me the happiest woman in the world. You've given me so much today. You gave me a family and you gave me you. All that's left for us is for you to give me our beautiful children. Don't stop, love me, Edward, make me yours." Her hands tightened on mine as she pleaded with me.

"You already are mine, Bella, you just need my last name." I pushed back into her and felt her tighten all around me. Her eyes fluttered closed and serenity passed over her face. Had I not been deep inside her I would not have even know the chaos that was running through her body. Her face was detached from the frenzy happening within her. To know that the thought of my last name attached to her pushed her over the edge only spurned on my own orgasm. I had never felt such a strong rush of elation that accompanied the physical release.

"I love you, Bella, with all of my heart and everything that I have. I love everything that you are on the outside and deep inside of you as well." I gave her a gentle kiss to punctuate my words.

"I'm everything I am because you love me. You made me who I am, you helped me be this person. I love you too, Edward. I can't wait to start my life with you."

I awoke to the same text that I had received every morning that we had been here, it was a detail of our daily activities from Alice. Today of all days, however, Alice had chosen separate activities for the sexes. The one day that I want Bella by my side and now we were going to be separated for most of the day. It sent my heart into a lurch to think that she would gone from my side.

The girls were going to the spa while us guys were heading off to take another cruise, this one will take us to Alcatraz prison. Each activity will only take about four hours but still, Bella is my fiancé and I don't want to be away from her.

I snuggled back into Bella and began to caress her arm, trying to gently wake her up. "Baby, Alice texted and we have to be downstairs in a half an hour."

"Half an hour? How am I supposed to take a shower and dress in that amount of time?" Her voice muffled by the pillow she still had her head buried into.

"Good thing you're going to the spa so you won't have to shower yet. You will have a massage, mani-pedi, whatever the hell that is, and several other treatments that I have no clue about. I'm sure you can shower there after the massage. Wait, you think it will be a guy masseuse?" I didn't want not dude touching my fiancé, I know I say it way too much but I love the sound of it.

"I will ask for the big hairy Russian girl. Don't worry." Bella answered, still muffled but not as deep this time. She was emerging out of her cocoon and into our world. "A mani-pedi stands for manicure and pedicure, you silly. With the girlie girls you lived for years with and you really didn't know what that was?" She giggled at me.

I pulled her close and nuzzled my nose into her hair. "Are you going to miss me when you're having your mani-pedi?"

"Yes, I wish that they hadn't chosen separate activities today, today of all days. I really will miss today. But it is just a few hours, enjoy your…hey what are the guys doing?"

"A cruise around Alcatraz, we will tour the inside and then come back." I guess my face showed how little interest I had in this particular activity because Bella laughed at me.

"Honey, it's only for part of the day. We can do something else together this afternoon, I promise." She leaned up and kissed me, "Now, get up and let's get dressed or else we are going to be late. You don't want to be late, you know how Alice gets."

She jumped from the bed, strutted across the room towards the bathroom and threw an evil wink at me over her shoulder. I jumped from the bed to follow her but she slammed the door right in my face and locked the door.

"Bella! Open this door, right now!" I pounded on the door but she simply giggled at me from behind from the other side.

"Go get dressed Edward, Alice will be here in about ten minutes! She will be pissed off if you are not ready!"

"Fine but you will pay for this, I just wanted a kiss!" I could hear her laughing at me some more; she would suffer some punishment that is for sure.

We all met in the lobby, the girls began to drift off to the spa. I grabbed Bella's wrist to pull her back to me, there is no way in hell that she is getting away from me without at least telling me goodbye.

"Baby," I breathed against her lips. "Have fun and I'll miss you." I kissed her and slipped my tongue into her mouth as soon as she parted her lips for me. I loved the way her tongue felt moving against mine, she always tasted so good. I could kiss her all day and not ever get tired of it.

"Come on Ed, quit assaulting your girl in the lobby! Let's get this show on the road." Emmett bellowed.

I pulled myself away from Bella's sweet lips and smiled a smile big enough to fill the Grand Canyon, "You got that wrong, Emmett, my brother. I am assaulting my fiancé, you big ass!" I bellowed right back across the lobby to him. The lobby filled with his loud guffaws at my joke and Bella face almost split in two at the loud comment. I gave her several small kisses and let her go with the girls. I watched her sexy ass walk away from me and so she could go and have some fun.

I headed out with the boys, we drank beers, we toured Alcatraz and we headed back to the hotel. I don't remember anything about the day at all. All I remember is missing Bella pressed against my side. I laughed, talked, and had fun but in my mind I was back in bed with Bella.

Alice texted us when we were about ten minutes away from the hotel to tell us that they were finished as well and wanted us to go to the beach to hang out. I thought that was a lovely idea. Bella in a bikini at the beach, hell yeah I was in for that plan.

I rushed up to the room to change into my board shorts, Bella was emerging from the bathroom in a beautiful tie dyed teal bikini. She looked beautiful. I couldn't stop myself from rushing over to hold her close to me. It had been four hours since I had seen her.

The trip to the spa must have been relaxing for her because she looked rested and rejuvenated. Her toes were painted a sexy shade of red and her hands had a nice clear polish, her hair had been trimmed slightly and was very shiny, and her skin glowed.

"Baby, you are beautiful. Did you have a good time?" I asked as my lips found her temple. Her hair smelled like coconut, not her usual strawberry but it smelled nice on her.

"Yes, it was very relaxing. How was your day?" She chuckled at the face I made.

"Long without you," I pouted.

I changed and we rushed down to meet the others.

The ocean was perfect. The day was so warm and the water was the right temperature. I held Bella close to me as we bobbed along in the ocean.

"So, uh…when do you think you'd want to get married?" I asked.

She simply shrugged her shoulders.

"You haven't thought about it? Don't girls have this planned from the time they turn like two or something?" I snuggled Bella against my chest so I could wrap my arms around her. She really was a small thing. I could wrap my arms all the way around her tiny waist.

"I guess some girls do, but I didn't. I never really put much stock in marriage with what my Mom and Dad went through. I never really thought I was that kind of girl." Her face clearly held doubts about marriage. I was suddenly filled with worries. Bella rushed to ease my concerns. "No, Edward, I mean before now. Before you, I doubted marriage. Not any more, I can't picture my life without you in it. I want this with you. You make me want marriage." She turned her face to kiss my cheek.

"Are you sure, angel? We don't have to rush into this; I'll wait as long as you want before we get married. It doesn't have to be soon. I just want to know that you want it as well, because, Bella, I won't lie I have always been that kind of guy." I turned her in my arms so that we could see each other. I needed her to understand that I was a one woman kind of guy. I would not ever tire of our life that we had, ever. I would not break her heart like she saw happen in her parent's marriage. "I wanted marriage and all that went along with it. I guess it's a difference in our upbringing. My parents had a perfect marriage and that made me want it. Yours had a bad marriage and divorced, that made you not want it. We need to break that cycle for you. I will make sure you have everything you ever want and more, I promise."

"I don't doubt you or us, Edward." She punctuated her statement with a kiss to my jaw. "So, have you thought about when you would like to get married then Mr. Cullen?"

"That's Mr. Masen-Cullen to you young lady. And yes, I have thought about it. In about six months I will be starting my second year of Residency. That year is a little harder as far as my duties go but I think with me being at Forks General that may not be so hard. I think if we wait till the summer then that will give us the possibility of an outdoor wedding. That is if you would like that sort of thing." I shrugged. I had really put much more thought into this whole thing than a normal guy ever would, but I wanted to be able to answer if Bella asked me. Good thing I had come prepared.

"So your saying that we should get married next summer, Edward, that is only about six months away. Do you think we can get everything together that soon?"

Alice and Jasper chased each other at the edge of the water. Jasper caught Alice and pulled her up into his arms. He carried her around threatening to drop her into the ocean, I couldn't help but chuckle at her. Alice was the only person to come to the ocean and expect to not get wet.

"Alice, can we get a wedding together in six months?" I yelled out to her. She immediately jumped straight out of Jasper's arms and rushed over to us. Some things were more important that her need to not get wet, the wedding obviously one of those.

"Oh my gosh, are you two really going to let me plan your wedding? Wait, did you say six months? That is not enough time to reserve any of the larger hotels in Port Angeles for the ceremony. Holy shit, I have tons to do." She was tapping the side of her head with her index finger. You could see her proverbial hamster running in its wheel inside her head. "Yeah, we can put together something in that amount of time."

"We can put up an archway in our front yard and have a beer cooler in the back for all I care. I just want to say the words to Edward and be done." Practical Bella was once again making her appearance, to Alice's dismay.

"Isabella Marie Swan, you shut your mouth. I will not have my name attached to anything of the kind. You will have a perfect wedding that will reflect exactly who you and Edward are as people." I started snorting at Alice's description, it sounded word for word out of a wedding brochure at one of the resorts. Hmmm, that got me thinking. Maybe I can take Bella to a resort and let them do all of the planning. I'll certainly discuss this with Alice at a later date.

"Alice, let's just enjoy our vacation and we'll sit down when we get back to Forks and talk all of this over. Okay?" I gave her a pointed glance over Bella's head that sent her the message to let it go for now.

"Oh, well okay then, we'll talk about it in Forks." She walked back to Jasper and jumped right back into his arms like no time had passed.

The perfect plan was forming in my mind, I just had to find a way to make it work out for Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment