Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chapter 17- Only You Can Love Me This Way

Playlist:Only You Can Love Me This Way-Keith Urban, Now & Forever- Richard Marx, I Run To You- Lady Antebellum, I'm In- Keith Urban


Chapter 17- Only You Can Love Me This Way

I know there's a reason, and I know there's a rhyme

We were meant to be together, and that's why

We can roll with the punches, we can stroll hand in hand

And when I say it's forever, you understand

That you're always in my heart, always on my mind

And when it all becomes too much, you're never far behind

And there's no one that comes close to you

Could ever take your place

'Cause only you can love me this way

I could have turned a different corner, I could have gone another place

But I would have never had this feeling that I feel today

That you're always in my heart, always on my mind

And when it all becomes too much, you're never far behind

And there's no one that comes close to you

Could ever take your place

'Cause only you can love me this way

Keith Urban- Only You Can Love Me This Way


Bella POV

"Edward, can we head back to the hotel now? I think I've seen enough for one day, and I would like to lie down," I asked after walking all over Seattle.

"Sure, baby. I have a surprise for you anyway." He looked nervous, and it scared me to think that Edward could possibly be nervous about this surprise.

"Any hints as to what it is?" I was hoping that he would give a little info but none came from him. He took my hand, kissed the back of my knuckles and shook his head no.

His silly smile stayed in place the whole cab ride back to the hotel and into the elevator up to our room. I was pretty anxious by this time.

"Bella, do you want to take a nap first or a shower first?" Edward asked me.

"That depends." I could give as good as he could.

"Depends on what?"

"On what we are doing next, if we are having sex then the nap first, then a shower, but if we're doing something other than that then maybe a shower then a nap. So, you tell me, Mr. Big Shot. What should I do next?" I smirked at him.

"Well, since you put it like that then you will need the nap first, definitely the nap." The last was whispered against my neck causing goose bumps to break out across my body. His voice always had that effect on me, and the words made it even harder to resist him.

"Okay." One simple little word was all I could form.

"Love, how about we nap, shower and then I will show you the first part to my surprise. Sound good?" His mouth was still traveling up and down my neck and across my collar bones. God, how I loved how he made me feel!

"First part? Edward what have you done?" I squeaked out at him.

He shrugged his shoulders and pulled me closer to him. His hands snaked under the shirt I was wearing and all worries left my mind; sensations took over.

Each time Edward touched me, it felt like our relationship was new. My heart raced, my breath quickened and my body felt more alive with his hands on me. I hoped it felt the same for him, that I caused the same responses for him.

Edward's hands moved slowly up my sides and stayed just far enough from my breasts that I felt like I was going to lose my mind. I needed his hands on me now, to feel his rough skin pull and pinch my nipples. I loved the delicious spark that shot through my body when he lavished attention to the responsive peaks. I tried recreating his touch and they never responded for me, only Edward.

"Please, touch me," I panted. His intense stare was melting away my concern for embarrassment. I could see the desire in his beautiful eyes mirror mine, and I wanted to see him loose control.

His hands slid up to circle my ribcage and his thumbs rested right beside each nipple. The lace and satin of my bra seemed to melt away and I could feel every inch of every finger Edward had on me. His flesh seared itself against mine and ignited the slow build that would take me to the highest levels of heaven and back with him. I arched my chest slightly and he pushed his thumbs back and forth over each nipple, moaning when they hardened for him. I rested my hands on his forearms, pulling him as close as possible but yet not so close that he had to break the contact with my chest. My eyes had drifted closed long ago, but I could still feel Edward's gaze on me, watching what his touch did to me. Normally, this kind of scrutiny from someone would make me feel very self-conscious, but from Edward it made me feel beautiful and brazen. I forced my eyes to open and meet his gaze.

I pulled my shirt over my head and reached up to open the front closure of my bra. Edward's eyes rolled slightly upward when he realized what I was doing. He quickly pushed my hands down and opened the bra himself. Edward placed small kisses on the swell of each breast before he allowed the bra to fall out of the way. I took the time to slide my hands inside of his shirt so I could touch his skin as well. I needed to feel the sensation of my skin on his, to allow me to focus. Without his skin to occupy my mind, I was afraid that I would give in to the sensations and burst into flames. He grounded me and kept me focused on giving him pleasure. I stepped back away from his hands, which remained cupped in the form of my breasts, as he looked down at me with questioning eyes. I pulled his shirt up and he tugged it over his head, discarding it on top of mine.

Edward reached for my hands and placed them on his hips, his hands hung limp at his side. He was allowing me my turn to touch him and bring him pleasure. The desire hung in the air between us and charged the room with electricity. This was the single most erotic thing I had ever done, standing in front of Edward allowing my hands to roam his body. I made a point to touch every single inch of skin, either with my hands or mouth, watching him come undone as I did this to him. His eyes were closed and hands clenching open and closed, the only signs of his struggle to maintain control of his body.

A small moan escaped his lips and he reached for my waist, lifting me up and carrying me the few steps to the bed. When he lowered me, I wrapped my legs around him and pulled him down with me. His feet were still on the floor, but the rest of his body leaned against me. His core against mine, our heat merging, I could feel his erection throbbing against me. I arched my back trying to create pressure against both of our bodies. Edward stepped back a small amount, just enough to give him access to the button of my pants. His hands slowly worked the button free and slid the zipper down. I dropped my legs as he slid his thumbs under the jeans and secured my underwear, so he could pull my pants off. Our eyes, once again, locking and sharing our emotions, we shared it this way. The desire building in me to levels that were unsafe for humans, I sat up and pulled Edward back to me. I kissed his stomach as I made short work of his pants and boxers.

I laid back after we were both completely undressed and rested my feet on the edge of the bed on each side of Edward's thighs. My hands came to rest on the bed above my head. I was his and I was offering my body to him, to take as he saw fit. I no longer wanted control. In fact, the thought of Edward dominating my body was fanning the fires already burning in me. I didn't have to wait long, he slid me closer to the edge of the bed and bent his knees. His hands came up to intertwine with mine above my head, as he aligned his body with mine. Slowly, ever so slowly he slid fully into me and paused. This was making love, this was pouring our souls out for each other to see. To inspect and accept, never had anyone made me feel this feeling. I wanted to cry, shout and beg for more all in the same breath. My body conflicted as to which one it wanted first. Begging won out as I panted for Edward.

"Please, baby. Just please." I wasn't sure what I was begging for, my mind was as equally unsure of what it wanted.

Edward moved in me slowly, his eyes still locked with mine. Only a few strokes in I felt the tension burst through my body and carry me to the brink. I didn't want to give in, that would mean that this would end. I didn't want that. I closed my eyes and tried to push down the sensations.

"Baby, don't- just let it go," he encouraged me. His hands tightened around mine and I let go. Edward tilted his hips as he pushed in again and sparks flew through my body. I arched upwards and panted through my release. No words only sounds, escaped my lips. Edward watched every movement, still slowly pushing into my body and just as slowly pulling back out. Just as my body settled back into normal function again, Edward lifted me and settled me farther up on the bed. He immediately slid back into me and I cradled his body as close as I could to mine. If I could open up my chest and pull him in I would. His head tucked into my neck and his hands under my back holding me just as close to him. I could hear him murmur to me as we made love, both actions holding as much meaning as the other.

"Baby, God. I love you so much. Please baby, don't ever leave me. I need you, only you can love me this way. I'm sure of it. Bella, I promise one day I will give you the world. I love you more than words can express." His words drifted off and were replaced by kisses to my neck as he lost control. His orgasm wasn't a forceful, loud explosion, but I could tell that his affected him as much as mine affected me. I knew that I could trust Edward with my heart and allow him to take care of me, forever.

Edward's body shifted beside me and pulled me from the peaceful sleep that I was in. He nuzzled up closer and whispered to me, "Bella, you ready for the shower? We need to get moving soon or we'll be late."

"Where are we going?" I rubbed my eyes and tried to force them open. Sleeping beside Edward was pure bliss and I'm sure I could continue for another twenty four hours without any problems.

"Dinner and we have eight o'clock reservations, so get a move on. Do you want to shower with or without me?" He asked innocently. Gah, how could I ever say without?

"With, always with." I turned to kiss his lips.

"Bella. We really need to go and if you kiss me again, we won't be leaving." He raised his body and brushed across me as he headed to the shower. If he thought that we would only be showering after that stunt he was wrong. His body set mine afire and I needed him as much as ever. I charged off into the bathroom after him.

I found him leaning into the shower adjusting the water temperature. I ran my hands up his back and kissed his shoulder blades.

"You're right we need to shower and get going. I'm really hungry now. Maybe I should shave my legs." I leaned down as he turned around and pushed my naked ass further into the air. I had shaved and waxed before I left but Edward didn't need to know that.

"Bella." He growled at me and pulled me against his erection, now harder than ever.

I turned to look at him over my shoulder and batted my lashes at him, "What? I'm trying to see if I need to shave my legs." I opened my eyes real wide and tried to look innocent.

"You know good and damn well that I can't watch you do that without wanting you again, so get in the shower and let's get going." He smacked my ass as I walked by him, pouting. Internally, I was doing a little happy dance at the thought of Edward having a hard time controlling himself .

I climbed into the shower and tried to concentrate on getting clean, but with Edward there behind me my mind wandered to the things he could do to me and how great it would feel. I arched my back as I scrubbed my head with shampoo and gently brushed against him. He grabbed my hips and pulled me into him. I let a small moan escape my lips.

Edward spun me against the far wall of the shower, out of the spray's reach. He pushed my hands over my head, flat against the tiles and lightly bit me on the neck. He took his feet and nudged against my ankles, so I widened my stance in preparation for what he had in mind. Edward dipped his knees slightly and plunged into me in one push. I was consumed by him and loved every second of it. He splayed his hands against the tile beside mine and I love to see them there together, both gripping the tile in ecstasy. Somehow no matter how we were together, hot fast fucking or slow gentle love making, I felt cherished by Edward. The waves of sensations crashed over me as I pondered the true feelings behind Edward's actions, and how he always knew which way I wanted him.

"Bella." His voice was husky and thick with emotions, as he whispered this one word. His lips were so close to my ear, but yet, not touching it at all. I threw my head back against his chest and allowed my orgasm to take over my body and pull me along the wonderful path it had laid out for me. Edward wrapped his arms around my chest and held me close to him, while he continued slowly thrush in and out of my body, prolonging my orgasm.

"Fuck." I whispered when my body finally touched back down on earth again.

"I love you, Bella."

I leaned my head against the now cool tiles of the shower and let the sob escape from my body. Edward pulled me closer and held me while I cried. Once again I was purging myself from the emotions that were inside of me, the thrill of newfound love, reliving the heartbreaking loss, holding on to discovered joy, and acknowledging the fear. I was thrilled with the new found love, but paralyzed by the fear that if this didn't work out, I was not going to walk away a whole person. Edward's love struck me too deep for me to passively make it through the aftermath. I wanted this to be real but was too afraid to open up completely and feel the joy that he brought into my life. Charlie's loss affected me in a profound way but at least I didn't have to deal with the emotions of rejections accompanying his leaving. He left without choice, but if Edward left it would be by his choice and I couldn't handle the pain of his rejection. I guess the deep-seated fear of never quite being good enough was always going to be there.

"Baby, do you want to talk about it?" Edward murmured against my back, his forehead pressed against my spine, his arms still holding me around my chest. He was holding me together, even though he had no idea that he was. The one person that could heal me was also the one person that could break me forever.

"I think the emotions of the day have caught up to me, I'm sorry, I'm sure we're late by now." I tried to turn to face him.

"Bella, you are more important than any dinner reservations. Don't ever worry about that. Are you okay now?" He tilted my face to look at me. I nodded at him.

"I guess dealing with Charlie's loss, his letters and now your love…it touched me deeply, that's all." I smiled sheepishly.

"It's a lot to take in, don't apologize. I'll go and call the restaurant and push our reservation time back. You dry off and meet me in the bedroom, okay?"

I nodded.

I met him in the bedroom wrapped in a towel. I had already dried my hair and just left it to hang loose down my back. I applied some light makeup. I knew that with my precarious emotional state the less makeup I wore, the less make up I would have to worry about running down my face if I should burst into tears.

Edward sat on the bed already dressed, and he was the picture of perfection. He was wearing a white dress shirt with a navy tie, brown wool pants and had a navy blazer lying across the back of the chair. I smiled at him as he patted the bed beside him.

"Bella, did you like the surprise I sent you last week?" Edward asked as he took my hand in his.

"It was beautiful Edward, I wish that I had reminded Alice to pack it for me. It would have been nice to wear it to dinner with you. I'm sorry that I didn't think of it."

"Well, I'm sorry as well. I'm sure that green would have been stunning against your skin. But there is no need to worry, I have another surprise for you. No fussing just open it and go and get dressed. We don't want to be late two times in a single night, do we?" He smirked as I frowned at him.

"Edward, another gift? You shouldn't have. I didn't get you anything." I felt bad for not thinking of him and showing my appreciation for him.

"Bella, I saw this and wanted to see you wearing it. Now, open it up." His eyes held this joy and wonder, like a small child on Christmas. I realized that he had fun buying the gift and the anticipation of watching my face as I open it, was evident on his face. I would try to remember to be a little more gracious when he presented me with gifts from now on.

So I opened the gift, slowly, ever so slowly. I wanted him to enjoy every minute of the anticipation. When I unwrapped the tissue paper I noticed several small gift wrapped boxes, four to be exact. I opened each box and discovered that they held earrings, a ring, a bracelet and a necklace. They were a perfectly matched set. The set was rubies and diamonds. They were exquisite- all made of bright glowing red rubies, and they looked amazing in the platinum settings. I bounced over to where he sat and threw my arms around his neck.

"Edward, they are beautiful. Thank you, I love them." I was breathless with excitement and joy.

"There's more, keep unwrapping." He encouraged.

I removed the tissue paper that held the four small boxes and found a pair of red satin shoes with black lace edging and a small bow. This layer also held a red set of lacy lingerie. I looked at Edward and quirked an eyebrow at him. He just smiled and shrugged at me. I could see a hint of a blush tinting his face.

"One more layer, and that's it, I promise." Edward sheepishly admitted.

Once again I removed the tissue paper and found bright red staring back at me. This time it was the red satin of a beautiful cocktail dress. It was strapless and knee length. The fabric was bunched on the skirt, while the bodice was form fitting. It had a black ribbon at the waist that tied and draped down the front of the skirt. I was stunned. Edward had picked out a flawless outfit for me, exactly what I would have picked for myself. I turned to him. His face was still frozen in an unreadable expression.

"If you don't like it you don't have to wear it, I just thought that the color would look amazing next to your skin and hair. I guess I should have called to see if you like red. I'm sor…" I cut him off.

"Edward, this is more than alright, it's breathtaking. I couldn't have picked out better if I had done it myself. I can't believe all of this. Thank you doesn't seem like enough, I love it." I launched myself at him again and threw my arms around his neck. I kissed him, and realized that I was crushing the dress between us. I pulled away and removed the dress.

"You like it, really?" His eyes grew wide.

"Of course I do. You gave it to me, but besides that it's beautiful. Now, I had better go and put it on. Wait here for me." He nodded at me.

I gathered all of the clothes and shoes and left for the bathroom. I unhooked the straps off the red bra and put it on, followed by the red panties. They had a large bow on the back that covered my ass. Edward would really like the way they hugged to every curve I had. I couldn't wait for him to undress me tonight, he would really enjoy my gift then. I unzipped the dress and stepped in. When I pulled it up onto my body it fit like it was tailor made for me. I reached under my arm and slid the zipper up in place. After seeing the dress and knowing about all of the jewelry, I decided that I would need to pull some of my hair back off of my shoulders to show it off. Searching through my bag I found the clip that I wanted and pulled the top and sides of my hair back, making room for the earrings and necklace to show now. I quickly stepped into the shoes and pulled the bathroom door open.

"Oh Bella, you are breathtaking." Edward was waiting at the door for me and pulled me into his arms. He leaned in and placed a small kiss on the side of my neck. He gently pushed my shoulders and I turned around for him. He fastened the necklace in place and slid the earrings into my earlobes. I turned back to face him and held up my right wrist for him to place the bracelet on. He kissed my wrist and down to the back of my hand. He gently lifted the ring finger on my right hand and placed the ruby ring there. His simple action caused me to catch my breath. I couldn't wait until he was sliding an engagement ring on my left hand and asking me to be his wife. Before I could analyze my thoughts, Edward pulled me back into his arms and kissed me. I was so light headed from the kiss and his dazzling face.

"Breathe Bella, just breathe." He whispered and I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding in. Edward just chuckled and turned towards the door of the suite.

Edward pulled on his blazer and grabbed my black trench coat for me. He helped me slide it on and I grabbed my purse.

We hailed a cab and sat in silence during the ride to dinner. Edward held my hand and played with my fingers, I just was content with the silence, still overwhelmed at the engagement ring fantasy. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, in fact just the opposite. I cherished that Edward didn't feel like we needed to constantly chat to feel connected. Just one look in his eyes and I felt the connection, no need for words.

I was lost in Edward's hand playing with mine and didn't notice that we had pulled up to the Space Needle. Edward climbed out and held out his hand for me. He leaned back in to pay and closed the door as the driver called out, "Enjoy your dinner, it's a wonderful menu." Realization washed over me, Edward had reserved us a table at Sky City, the restaurant at the top of the Space Needle. It constantly revolved while you were eating so your view was ever changing.

We were seated right away. Edward ordered wine and dungeness crab and artichoke dip for our appetizer. Our silence in the cab was long gone and we talked about everything that happened over the last two weeks that Edward had been gone. We each took turns telling how our time was. Edward wanted to know all about my job and how his family was doing. I told him how well they were each taking care of me, and about Carlisle's new routine of coming by to sit in the chairs out back with me to talk. I love the special talks that we shared, and the time he took for me. Soon, our appetizer was gone and dinner was being set in front of us. I ordered the grilled Klamath River king salmon, and Edward ordered New York strip steak. We took turns sharing bites with each other. Dinner was amazing, and the view was spectacular. I was really enjoying my evening with Edward. Not often do I enjoy spending Edward's money, but tonight was one of the few times I was thankful that Edward was willing to treat me special.

We were so full from our wonderful dinner, but Edward insisted that we stop around the corner for some dessert. He'd found a local bar that specialized in dessert and drinks. So we went in and ordered. We shared a chocolate mousse and I had a chocolate martini. Edward had rum and coke. He held me close in the booth and we laughed at everything. It truly was a night that seemed magical, all of our problems melted away and we were just together. No worries, no stress, just us. Our fun continued in the cab back to the hotel.

We undressed quickly and Edward wanted a full fashion show of the red lingerie he had bought for me. So I modeled for him before changing into my pajamas. We decided that tonight was a sleep night, no more sex for us, for today anyway. I think three times was enough of an Edward fix for me. Besides we had a busy day tomorrow as well.

I snuggled as close to Edward as I could and listened to the music that filled the suite. He plugged his iPod into the speakers and chose his classical playlist. We fell asleep holding each other.

The next morning we dressed and left the hotel without breakfast. I wanted to get to Pike Place Market and buy some things to take home. We could have coffee and pastries there. I was like a kid in a candy store and Edward patiently pulled the cooler that I brought with me to fill with goodies. I reluctantly left the market when my cooler and carry bag were both filled to the rim. I wasn't able to stuff even one more grape in. So we headed back to the hotel to drop off all my spoils. Edward was very tightlipped about our next destination. I felt like we had seen all Seattle had to offer and we should just stay in the hotel. I was feeling the effects of not making love with Edward this morning, and wanted some alone time with him. He just shook his head at my pouty face and pulled me along to the hotel.

He took the cooler into the room and called for room service to bring us some ice to keep the stuff fresh and asked me to check the closet for him. He needed the shirt that was hanging on the right side. I grumbled the whole way to the closet about men being senile and there was no need for Edward to change clothes. His shirt was just fine, but then again Alice was his sister, she had evidently rubbed off on him. I heard him hang up the phone and start to follow me to the closet, which is why he ran into my back when I stopped short. There hanging in the closet was two Seattle Mariners jerseys. I was speechless; he remembered my plea to try to fit in a game. I was touched that he would remember and honor my request to try to feel close to my Dad again, even if only for a few hours. Tears began to drift down my face at his gesture.

"I know that Charlie would be so pissed off if we came all this way and didn't see a game. I got us pretty good seats. We still have about two hours, but if you get there early they will sometime sign autographs during batting practice. You might want to bring a jacket." Edward slid his jersey on over his t shirt and buttoned it up. I did the same and grabbed my jacket off of the hanger as we walked out of the closet. I was super excited about this game. A moment of regret came over me that perhaps my enthusiasm was a few years too late. Edward must have noticed the change in me because he pulled me over to the chair and sat me on his lap.

"Bella, don't. We never know how long we have here and you had no way of knowing that he would be gone so quickly. You lived your life and he lived his. He had plenty of chances to spend time with you and he didn't. You can't go back and change anything. I'm sure it was enough for him that you lived with him for so long. Don't ruin the fun by worrying about regret, okay?" He smoothed his thumb up and down my cheeks. His little speech worked and I pushed the guilt away and allowed the joy to move back in.

"You're right, let's go." I jumped up and pulled him towards the door.

We entered Safeco Field, and wandered around looking at the art on display. It was all done by local artist and had a baseball theme to it. We walked down to our seats; we were behind the Mariners dug out and only about four rows back. I was scared to ask Edward what this weekend cost him. I didn't really want to know, and the more I thought about it the money didn't matter. The fun mattered and we had lots of fun. So, I guess we both are okay with the money part.

Edward and I walked back to buy a baseball that we could get autographed. We bought three, one for me, one for Jasper and one for Emmett. We waited our turns by the railing and got most of the starting lineup to sign the three balls we had. I was thrilled, Edward was not so much. One of the rookies was flirting with me. Edward was close to punching the guy when they all headed back into the dugout for whatever they do before a game. We ordered two beers and some pretzels to eat while we waited for the game to start. I bought a big old foam finger, after all what is a baseball game without a foam finger?

Finally, after a few charity donations, a few awards handed out and the national anthem the game was underway. They were playing the LA Angels, Charlie would have a fit! Not only am I at a game, but a game between the Mariners and Angels, their biggest rivals. We watched the game intently as Edward patiently explained all of the things that Charlie assumed that I knew about the game. So often I would lose interest in the games we watched at home because I couldn't keep up with what was happening, but with Edward he made sure I knew what was going down and why. I was actually into the game, now that I understood most of the in's and out's of it. We were up by two runs at the bottom of the eighth inning, the Mariners only had to hold off the Angels from scoring and we would win. Edward, again, explained how if we were ahead after the Angels batted we wouldn't even have to bat in the last inning, there was no need. So I jumped around in my seat and clapped with each out the Mariner's got, hoping that we would get all three so we would win. The third batter up, some guy named Raphael Furcal got a home run. But no one else was on base so it was only one run scored. We were still ahead by one point. I stood to my feet when the next batter came up to the plate. Edward and I cheered with the rest of the crowd hoping the noise would distract the batter. It worked, he swung at what Edward called a down and inside pitch. We won five to four. Fireworks went off and the music began playing. We stayed until the fun died down and we walked back out to catch a cab back to the hotel. I was so tired, the fun of today was catching up to me. I drifted off to sleep on Edward's shoulder in the cab. He shook me gently to let me know we were at the hotel. I half walked, half stumbled up to our room. I undressed and just climbed into bed naked. I didn't want to take the time to even put on my pajamas. Edward didn't mind this at all.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to be wide awake and ready to thank you for this perfect day we had. But I guess that'll have to wait until tomorrow morning, okay?" I mumbled into his chest. I could feel the shaking under my face as he laughed at me.

"Bella, we have plenty of time for that later. I'm just thankful that you are here with me, no matter what we do or don't do. Sleep love, we'll have time in the morning. I promise." He kissed my head and I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up Edward wasn't in the bed with me. When I sat up I did notice a small note that I had pushed off of the pillow beside me.

Bella,

I will be right back, I need to run out to buy something for us and then we can spend the morning in bed together. Order room service for us when you wake up.

Love, Edward

I pulled my robe on and picked up the phone to order some breakfast, as Edward walked back into the suite.

"Bella, you awake?" He asked.

"In here, I just got up and was about to order us something. Sorry I slept so late." I said as a yawn escaped my mouth.

"Don't worry, I ordered before I came back up, it's on the way up. Besides, you have perfect timing; I just finished running my errand. I hope you like it." He held out a really small gift bag out to me and I was puzzled as to what he was up to.

I reached out to take the gift bag, as Edward settled down on the bed beside me. I reached in and found plenty of tissue paper but no gift. I cocked an eyebrow up at him.

"It's in there, I promise. It's small, just the way I wanted it." His devious smile hinted that things were going to be so much worse than I originally thought that they would be.

Just as I slid my hand back into the bag, a knock on the door interrupted us. Edward held up one long, beautiful finger. "Hold on, I want to see the look on your face, but that is breakfast." He dashed to the door and let the wonderful smelling food in. He came back to the bed and pulled me to the table. I sat and held my bag in my lap, while Edward settled himself beside me. I pulled the tissue out of the bag this time and was rewarded with a small sliver of dark blue fabric. I pulled the tissue away and found more blue fabric, but not much more. It was a bikini. I turned to Edward.

"What's this for?" I asked, confused.

"We're going to the beach." He responded just as simply.

"Okay, why didn't you just ask me, or rather Alice, to pack a bikini for the beach?"

He shrugged one shoulder at me. "I didn't really have this weekend planned past what we have already done. I would love to spend the day in bed, but I figured that we should probably get out of here. Otherwise one of us is not going to walk away from here without injuries. So for our safety sake, I decided that we should go to the beach. Besides, I really just wanted to see you in a bikini again." He added sheepishly. Once again, how could I say no. Besides Edward did have a great point, if we were at the beach he would also be in his trunks. Leaving his glorious body available for me to look at and touch whenever I wanted. Okay, the beach it is.

We ate quickly and packed a bag for us with our necessities. Arriving at Alki Beach in less than an hour after Edward walked into our hotel suite. It was a beautiful day, clear and sunny. No sign of the ever present rain clouds for Seattle that in itself was a small miracle. We played on the beach, built sand castles and splashed water on each other. The water was still a little cold for outright swimming, so we decided to do some more sightseeing. We stopped a lifeguard and asked for suggestions.

Taking the lifeguards suggestions we walked over to Alki Point Lighthouse first, it was the closest. It was built in 1913 and was still maintained by the Coast Guard. Edward was very interested in the old instruments, charts, and photographs of Puget Sound. He explained how Carlisle taught Jasper, Emmett and himself how to sail years ago. He promised to take me out on the boat that Carlisle and Esme kept as soon as we could make the time. We walked a few blocks and entered The Log House Museum. It was ran by the West Seattle Historical Society, so it was able to provide a detailed historical account of the Denny party that landed here in 1851 and the Duwamish people. They were the original settlers here and were displaced by the Denny party. We stopped for lunch in the park and listened to several local musicians play for change. It was hard to imagine a better day with Edward. The pain and sorrow of the previous day was gone. Today was about spending time together, neither of us brought up the fact that I was leaving this evening so I could be home for work tomorrow morning. I pushed the thought away. I didn't have time to spend on worry when Edward was still wearing his board shorts and a tank top. I would worry about leaving when it was time to leave.

However, all too soon the time came to worry. We walked back to the hotel and we both packed in silence. Each of us was coming to the realization that this was going to hurt so much more than our last goodbye. Edward called the bellboy and had him take our luggage down for us, we stopped and checked out of the room. The valet brought my car around, and Edward helped me load my luggage in the trunk. He pulled me into his embrace and brought his head down level with mine.

"Baby, we can do this, just two weeks and I'll be home. I can't thank you enough for coming to see me. I needed to be with you so much, I can't even tell you how much. Don't say the words, okay. Just get in and drive off. I'll call you later." I nodded as he spoke to me. Tears forming at the corners of my eyes and I blinked to dispel them. I didn't want to make this hard for him. I could cry on the way home, but not now. I pulled away and turned towards the car. Edward pulled my wrist back and crushed his face to mine. I felt the love and anguish in his kiss. It was a true paradox of emotions for both of us.

"I love you, more than you will ever know," I whispered against his mouth. He chuckled and pulled away.

"I love you, too. Be careful. I'll call you when I get back to 's house and we can talk while you drive. Okay?"

I nodded again, not certain I could speak without my voice betraying me. He kissed my cheek as he guided me into the car. He closed the door for me and I slid the car into first gear. I kissed my hand and put it against the window. He mirrored my gesture and placed his hand against mine on the outside of the glass. He nodded and I drove off.

The Seattle traffic kept my mind busy for about a half an hour, but then I reached the interstate. The calm, serene, uninterrupted drive on the interstate was my undoing. I blinked several times trying to stop the tears, but it did no good. They fell uninhibited down my cheeks, my pain flowing freely.

I saw my phone flash, signaling a call. I prayed as I grabbed it from the console of the car. Pleading for it to be Edward.

"Hello," I choked out through my tears.

"Baby, I thought we agreed no tears," he cooed at me, his voice washing over me like a much needed sedative.

"I know, I held it in as long as I could. I'm so glad you called. Can we talk all the way home?" I wasn't above begging him.

"Anything for you, love."

No comments:

Post a Comment