Thursday, July 31, 2008

Chapter 24- Your Body Is A Wonderland

Playlist:Your Body Is A Wonderland-John Mayer, If I Knew Then-Lady Antebellum, Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol, Truly-Lionel Richie, When I Look At You-Miley Cyrus, You and Me-Lifehouse


Chapter 24- Your Body is a Wonderland

We got the afternoon, You got this room for two
One thing I've left to do, Discover me, Discovering you

One mile to every inch of your skin like porcelain
One pair of candy lips and your bubblegum tongue

And if you want love, We'll make it
Swimming in a deep sea of blankets
Take all your big plans and break 'em
This is bound to be a while

Your body Is a wonderland
Your body is a wonder (I'll use my hands)
Your body Is a wonderland

Something 'bout the way your hair falls in your face
I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase
You tell me where to go and though I might leave to find it
I'll never let your head hit the bed without my hand behind it

You want love? We'll make it
Swimming in a deep sea of blankets
Take all your big plans and break 'em
This is bound to be a while

Damn baby! You frustrate me
I know you're mine, all mine, all mine
But you look so good it hurts sometimes

John Mayer- Your Body is a Wonderland


Edward's POV

"Hey, baby, I think I know what I'm going to do with the money that I won." I looked over my shoulder at Bella while I was getting undressed for bed.

"What's that?" She asked as she turned to look at me while she brushed her teeth. I loved that she had moved all of her stuff into my room while I was gone. As stupid as it sounds, I loved to see her purple toothbrush hanging next to mine each morning. To me it just showed how close we had become and I loved it.

"I think we are going to dinner and stay the night in a hotel. That way we can have some privacy, maybe do some really dirty things to each other." I offered, hoping she would say yes to me. Our mutual steps caused us to meet at the foot of the bed.

"Won't everyone else get pissed off that we keep running off together?" Bella asked. Her eyes showed her hesitancy at my suggestion.

"We have been here at the house with them for the last few weeks that I have been home. Alice has seen to it that we have done almost everything together, so they can get pissed if they want. I don't care, I want time with you before I have to leave for two weeks. Please say yes, Bella."

"Since you put is so nicely, yes." The hesitancy left her eyes, and was replaced with happiness. She turned and began to take the extra pillows off of the bed. Her hair was pulled up and I could see the graceful curve of her neck. It called to me.

"Thank you." I placed a kiss on the back of her neck. "I have to go and see Jacob tomorrow morning, then I can meet you in Port Angeles. We can eat dinner there and I will make us a reservation at the new hotel. We can come home Sunday after breakfast and spend the day with the rest of the family before I leave on Monday morning. How does that sound?"

She nodded at the tentative plans. I liked it when Bella was agreeable to my plans and suggestions. Back in high school she had a terrible problem with accepting gifts; she seemed to have grown out of that little problem now. Bella never made an issue of the amount of money that I had at my disposal, but I do know that it bothered her. Perhaps she felt on a level playing field now that she had her own money that she could use. Maybe she didn't feel so dependent on others to take care of her needs; she knew for a fact that she could take care of herself.

I crawled into bed beside Bella and held her in my arms. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to reconnect with her, and this time to much better results. I shook my head when I thought about all of the time I had lost with her. Alice tried several times to get me to ask Bella out. I declined each time as I was off chasing the girls that I thought I wanted. Little did I know that the girl I really could fall in love with was right in front of me all of that time. But, then again who knows. We may have fallen in love then and fell out just as fast. Love is never a sure thing in high school. Most of us are not ready to make the full commitment that love requires at that age. So, I have to be thankful that I had her now and that things had worked out the way they were supposed to.

Bella's soft breathing and quiet whisperings alerted me to the fact that she was asleep. I reached over and grabbed my phone to text Alice. I didn't want to take a chance of waking Bella by getting up to go and speak with her directly.

Ali~

Can I meet you at the shop at abt 10am to get a few things for Bella?

E~

I held the phone in my hand. If I knew my sister she would be texting right back. She is OCD like that; she can't let things go unfinished. Besides, she will be happy to help me spend my money.

E~

Of course, Bella plans to come and help us for a while so better make it earlier. What about 9am?

A~

I mentally rescheduled my day based on this change. I could meet Alice, see Jake and make all of my calls to arrange things for Bella, come back to the house and pack for us. I would need Alice's help with that as well.

Ali~

K, 9 is good. Can you help me pack for B. I wanna take her to PA for dinner and stay in the new hotel. I will need something for her to wear to dinner and then something for her to wear home on Sunday. I will take care of the something sexy at ur shop. And, do you wanna do a cookout at C&E's on Sunday?

E~

I knew exactly what I wanted for Bella. I saw it last week when I was taking Rosalie and Alice out to lunch; it was a beautiful robe with matching bra and panties. It was soft, sexy and would be perfect for Bella.

Just then my phone buzzed in my hand again.

E~

I know just the things for B. Does she know? What u gonna get her? Yes!

A~

Somethings in life were always predictable. Alice was one of those things. She had to know every detail and there was never any getting around her, ever.

Ali~

Yes, she knows. I want that black sheer robe w/panties and bra. Great! See u then, and thank you for the help:)

E~

I turned to lay the phone down on my nightstand when it buzzed again.

E~

Leave my girl alone, we can't all whisk away to stay in a hotel, some of us gotta get it at home! I was getting it, ya got me?

J~

I quietly chuckled at Jasper. I set the alarm on my phone and laid it down. I got it! No more cockblocking from me tonight. I closed my eyes, still thinking of the list of things to do for tomorrow.

The next morning when the alarm went off, I slowly slid out from under Bella's arm and leg. I pushed a pillow close to her to keep her propped up just right and headed off to the shower.

After my shower, I rushed down stairs to get this day started. The coffee pot was only half full so I knew that Alice and Rosalie both had gone to the shop already. So, I grabbed my keys and phone to head that way myself.

When I pulled the door of the shop open, Alice came flying out of the back room.

"Hey, I snuck into Bella's room and packed her clothes for her. Her toiletries were in your room, so she will have to grab what she needs before you leave. Her clothes are in the black overnight bag on her bed." Alice said all of this in one breath before she even got close enough to hug me. This type of covert mission always made her a little keyed up. I couldn't help myself but to laugh at her. Of course this was done inside my head. I didn't have time for the ass kicking that Alice would hand out if I had the nerve to laugh at her to her face.

"Hey, thanks again. I appreciate the help. I just want to spend a little time with Bella before I head off to Seattle. She is taking it really well but I know deep down I know it bothers her that I have to leave again. I'm just glad that I'll only be gone for two weeks. I'm keeping every finger I have crossed that this thing will work out and I can come back to Forks General to finish most of the rest of it." I mentally crossed all of my fingers again. I didn't want to keep walking away from Bella. It was hard enough to watch her leave for work every day, while I stayed at home. I just moped around the house, ran errands and generally just watched the clock until she came home. That was just a small taste of how hard it was going to be to leave her again. At least we will both have work to keep us busy while I'm in Seattle for the next two weeks.

I walked over to the section of the store that Alice and Rosalie had devoted to lingerie. I immediately saw the robe. I reached out to take it, and my hand brushed against the soft fabric. It almost felt as soft as Bella's silky skin, especially the section of her skin between her breast and hips. I love to run my fingers, lips or actually any part of me over that particular section of her skin. I shook my head, trying to clear the thoughts that were totally inappropriate to have in front of my sisters.

"This one. This will look so good on Bella." I held it up as Rosalie came out of the back room.

"For Bella?" She nodded towards the robe.

"Yeah, I was going to take her to Port Angeles for dinner and then stay at the new hotel there for the night. What do you think?" I knew that Rose and Alice had different opinions in regards to their fashion, so I was interested in what Rose's opinion would be.

"It will be perfect for her. She will look amazing in it, it's just the right color for her skin," Rose offered.

I stood there with my mouth hanging open. I had almost the exact same thoughts last week when I saw it for the first time. Sometimes it scared me the ways in which Alice and I were so similar. Over the years, I had come to accept the fact that we had a somewhat mysterious connection. But Rosalie and I were not alike, and it always shocked the hell out of me when we agreed. Our personalities were so different.

"Thanks, Rose. That is exactly what I thought as well." I felt somewhat smug that I was able to make this intelligent decision about fashion for Bella.

Alice rung up my purchases and gift wrapped them for me. I left the shop heading to Jacob's apartment. I had not forgotten he needed to talk. It certainly sounded like he really needed to talk.

I knocked on Jake's front door and was greeted by Nessie. I could certainly see why Jacob was head over heels for her. She was just a little taller than Bella, long dark curly hair. It struck me that Nessie had a perfect combination of Bella's and my hair color. She had large hazel eyes and a smile that lit up her whole face.

"You must be Edward, I'm Nessie. Jake is waiting for you on the balcony. He's kind of grumpy this morning so be careful." Nessie walked me in the general direction of the open glass doors at the far end of the living room.

"Hey, I can hear you know. My hearing wasn't damaged at all in the accident," Jacob shot back at her. She simply turned to me and raised her eyebrows to silently say 'see what I mean'. I raised mine back and give her a half shrug. She turned and left me at the door to the balcony.

"Dude, get out here and close the doors. Did you tell Bella why you were coming here today?" He glanced around through several windows trying to pinpoint Nessie's whereabouts.

"Nope, I told her you had some medical questions and wanted me to come and check on it for you. She has no idea. So, I guess it's worse than what I thought, huh?" I glanced from him to the closed door as I gave a nod to indicate Nessie. It was clear he was quickly falling head over heels for her. I can't even begin to relay what a relief that was, to know that he wouldn't be interested in Bella anymore. He also wouldn't be hounding her about being so lonely all the time if he had a girlfriend to keep him occupied.

"You have no idea. She is so amazing; she knows what I need and is always right there to help me out. But at the same time she is killing me by being so close to me all of the time. This morning, I needed help sitting up a little higher. She leaned over me and went to push the buttons on the bed to sit it up. Well, I could see right down her scrub shirt thing. I was about to lose my mind. She was leaning over me, I could see her breasts and I couldn't get excited about it or she would know." He threw his hands up and rubbed his eyes with the heels of palms. "I mean, and I hope this is not weird to talk about with you, but I loved Bella. Like with all of my heart, but I never went hard like that in an instant over her. I just feel like a teenager with his first boner again, and I don't fucking like it." I chuckled at his words. I knew that feeling, went through it first hand when Bella walked back into my life.

"Jake, first of all zero weirdness about all of this. Second, what freaks you out? She is beautiful, and seems perfectly capable of putting you in your place. That makes her perfect, if for no other reason. Besides dude, did you ever consider that she wanted you to look down her shirt? If she leaned over you and flashed the goods when she could have just as easily walked around to the other side, it's something you might want to think about. Maybe she is flirting with you is all I'm saying." I grinned at him, as he attempted to reach out far enough to smack me from his wheelchair.

"Edward, I am in a wheelchair because less than three weeks ago I was freaking out because Bella and I were no longer together, and decided to drive to my dad's house in the middle of the night. Now, I am lusting after my nurse. Is it supposed to happen that way?"

"Let me say this, I don't know about how it is supposed to happen, but when Bella stepped up on the porch, my entire world shifted. I couldn't think about anything but her from that second on. I thought about her in the shower, in the car, in the grocery store. Hell, anywhere. I just thought about her. My palms were sweaty, I had huge lumps in my throat, I couldn't think straight. Sometimes, it does just happen that way. At least it did for me." I shrugged at him, I didn't have anything else to offer to him. I could only tell him my personal experience.

"So, what about the always being hard, did that happen to you too?" he leaned forward and tried to whisper to me. We were too far away for whispering so it came out a tad too loud. Jacob looked around to make sure that Nessie hadn't snuck back out with us. He had it bad for her.

"Nah, that just makes you a pervert who should get laid!" I said with indifference and sat back in my chair, trying to keep a straight face.

"Fuck, I knew it!" Jacob threw his hands back up to his face and started to shake his head.

"Hey, man, chill. I'm just kidding. Hell yeah I was hard all of the time. Once, we were at Carlisle and Esme's for a cookout. She was sitting on the edge of the pool and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Alice went and got some nail polish out of her purse and handed it to Bella. Bella nodded, opened it and began to paint her nails. I was hard as a rock just watching her do something as stupid as painting her toenails. I mean, how crazy is that?" At that admission Jake stopped shaking his head. His head was still facing down but he cocked it slightly and looked at me out of the corners of his eyes. I just shrugged, what the hell was I going to say about it? I learned a long time ago that I am not in control of that, it likes what it likes.

"So, what do I do?"

"This is straight from Jasper's mouth when I asked him the same thing. Be yourself and if it is meant to be, it will happen. I think it was some stellar advice, since it worked out for me. I did have a little help from Half Pint and Rosalie, so do with that what you will." A beautiful thought struck me all at once. "Jacob, how opposed would you be to having outside help?" He sat straight up and looked confused.

"What do you mean 'outside help'? I already have outside help and that is what got me in this mess to begin with." I held my hand up to stop his rant.

"I meant, Alice, Rosalie and Bella. The three of them are quite a team, and I think if we let the cat out of the bag they will be all over little Miss Nessie. At least they will find out if she is interested in you at all, that way you will know if you stand a chance. Couldn't hurt, right?" Jake's face lit up as well, perhaps I really was on to a great idea.

"Sure, but how do we do this? They have to think it's their idea to get us together or else they will make this harder than they should on me. I have seen the three of them go into bitch mode and I do not want that!"

"You let me handle that, I will simply put a little bug in Alice's ear and she will handle all of the rest. That girl is a born matchmaker and thinks that everyone should be as happy and in love as she is. I will tell them that you want us over for a barbeque Sunday night. After the few hints that I drop about today, Alice will be picking out your wedding invitations, trust me!"

"Okay, so a barbeque is all it takes to get to Nessie?"

"Well, that's all it takes to get the ball rolling. You'll have to do the rest. I'll talk to Alice today and tell her that you want to throw this thing to say thanks to Bella and Carlisle. She will call people while we are gone and have everything set up by Sunday at noon."

"Fine, but if this goes south I am dragging you with me, I swear it."

"It won't, I know my sister. She will be all over this, besides she wants to see you happy just like the rest of us." I patted his good leg. I wanted him to know that I did want him happy. Not because he would leave Bella alone, well…okay not for that reason alone. He mattered to Bella and making him happy would make Bella happy as well.

I stood to leave, "I have to run. I'm taking Bella to Port Angeles for dinner. I'll call you Sunday morning, and I'm sure that Alice will call you sooner to coordinate everything. Just stand back and let her do her thing and Nessie will be yours to woo!" Jake smiled again.

"Hey, Edward, thanks for being cool with this. I know this had to be hard on you and you have been nothing but cool about it. Thanks. I really appreciate you for it." He dropped his head and stared at his lap for a few seconds. I could see his Adam's apple bob, and I knew he was trying hard to control his emotions. "I appreciate that you didn't pull Bella away from me. I swear that I don't love her that way, I really just want my friend back." He dropped his head again.

"Jake, I know. She does too. It's all good, I promise." He nodded with his head still lowered and I patted his shoulder as I walked by him.

I met Nessie on the way to the front door. I gave her my cell number, as well as Carlisle's, in case she needed us for anything at all. She offered her thanks and graced me with a beautiful smile. I could see why Jacob was taken in, she was perfect for him. I offered her a smile in return, glad that in a small way maybe I could help him find his happiness.

I rushed home to get the bag that Alice had packed for Bella and me. I pulled out my phone to text Alice, I didn't want to chance calling her and Bella over hearing my conversation.

Ali~

I need to talk, call me as soon as you are away from Bella!

E~

I gathered my toiletries out of our bathroom and dropped them into my shave kit bag. I set aside a few things that I knew Bella used every day and waited for Alice to call me.

My phone rang as I was closing my overnight bag.

"Hey Ali. I went to see Jacob today. Can we uh, well offer him a little help?" I scratched the back of my head. I was doubting my confidence now that it was time to put this plan into action.

"Anything for Big Foot, what does he need?" Her voice was laced with concern at the mention of Jake. She loved him almost as much as Bella. It serves to reason that she would, he has been with Bella for as long as I can remember, so Alice has spent most of her life with him as well.

"Well, he is wanting to throw a thank you sort of cookout on Sunday for everyone. But, he is not able to do much to plan it since he is half doped up on pain meds. I told him that you would be happy to plan it for him and make all of the arrangements. He said for you to call him and he will give you his credit card to take care of everything with."

"Of course, I will help him. I know exactly who to call, they make the best potato salad. Can I decorate his place or not?" The wheels were already spinning in her mind, designs and menus all ready in place, I'm sure.

"Call him and ask, he didn't say. He seemed a little preoccupied when I was there." I laid the ground work for the real plan.

"Preoccupied, with what?" She walked right into it.

"Well, I'm not sure really but he couldn't take his eyes off of his nurse, Nessie. She seemed nice enough. I know that Bella would be so happy if Jacob could find a nice girl and settle down. But, I may be rushing things a little, I mean he did just meet her and all."

"Hmmmm, really? His nurse?"

"Oh yeah, he was mesmerized. Kind of reminded me how Jasper looked when you two started dating, love struck. I think he has it bad for her."

"What about her?" Alice questioned.

"Well, she certainly knew how to put him in his place. She didn't take any shit, that's for sure. I think she might even be flirting with him a bit. Might be a good match, but then again what do I know?"

"Well, maybe you're on to something. I might just have to go by and see this situation for myself. I can use the excuse of picking up his credit card. Observe the prey in their natural setting." She changed her voice to match Marlon Perkins, from Wild Kingdom, which we used to watch as kids on Saturday mornings.

I think that I should be scared for Jacob and Nessie, those two don't stand a chance at all.

"That might be a good idea. You are a girl and you know how girls think. Maybe you can get inside her head and see where she is at. Pick up on things that you know that I won't. See if she's interested in him at all."

"Oh I will, brother, you leave that to me. I will find out all I need to know! You leave Jacob and Nessie for me to worry about, you go and sex up Bella!"

"Alice, that is just…I don't even know what that is!" I replied, not sure if I liked that fact that Bella and my sisters were best friends or not. I'm sure that their girlie sex talks would embarrass the hell out of me. But then again, I did listen to Emmett and Jasper share their tales, I would probably not be shocked after that.

"Good plan, you let me know what you find out. We can play both sides of the field, I tell you what Jacob says and feels and you tell me what Nessie says and feels, okay?"

"Perfect, I will head over to Jacob's in a few before you come and get Bella. That way I can call you and spill before you head off on your trip."

I ran a few errands, packed a few things for Bella myself, and made a few phone calls. The whole time hoping that Alice would call and let me know what she found out. I finally gave up, put the bags in the car, and headed towards Twilight Originals to collect Bella. I was anxious to hear from Alice, but I was more anxious to spend some time alone with Bella. About half way there my phone rang. The 80's old school rap alerted me as to the identity of the caller. I think that Alice would be pissed if she heard it herself. She was not a fan of rap, but so help me that was the only song that came to mind when I pictured her. I listened as it played on.

Life is to me my main asset
I be doin' all right and keep it just like that
Chill out at the house and pump that bass
I'm tryin' to get rich as I rock the place
Everybody's got that same old dream
To have big money and fancy things
Drive a brand new Benz, keep your bank right here
Never hear me stutter once because I talk real clear
It's on you, homeboy, watcha gonna do?
You can take my advice and start workin', fool
Or you can close your ears and run your mouth
And one day, homeboy, ya soon find out

Life is too short
Too short
Life is too short
(Too short)

Finally, I picked up the phone, knowing that Alice would be really mad to go to voicemail. Especially if she found out that I was just listening to her ringtone!

"What did you find out, Sweet Cheeks?" She giggled.

"First of all don't call me that. Second, she is most definitely has a thing for Jacob Black."

"How did you find this out in only…" I sputtered as I glanced at my watch, "forty-five minutes?"

"Well, I'm good. Real good. Besides it helps to catch her while she was oogling his abs. So, I called her on it. She struggled a little but finally admitted that she was interested, but she wouldn't start anything while she was his nurse. She wanted to get to know him and wait until he was recovered. I say give them enough time for Jacob's leg to come out of that cast and they are doing the horizontal mambo!" I could see Alice patting herself on the back for obtaining her information so quickly. Her gifts amazed me.

"Okay, so she likes him and wants to get to know him. What do we do now?" I asked, because well…I am a man and I had no idea what to do now.

"Well, we amp up the hotness factor and watch the two of them combust!" Alice informed me.

"Fine, you do the amping and I will just be along to help you in whatever way I need to, okay?" I pulled up at Twilight Originals. I could see Bella at the counter going over some paperwork with Rosalie.

"You just stay out of my way and I will call you if I need any of your amateur help, got me?" I chuckled, she was right, amateur was putting it lightly. I was terrible in the matchmaking department.

"I'm at the shop, so I am going to go. Thanks for helping me with Jacob. I didn't mean to throw you into the lion's den, I just knew you would know what to do for the party and about him and Nessie. Can't you let Em and Rosalie, and Carlisle and Esme know that we are going over to Jacob's for Sunday lunch?" I asked.

"Sure, sure. I already got it taken care of. You have fun with Bella and be back here by two on Sunday." She warned.

"I will, love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and headed into Twilight Originals to get Bella. She knew I was coming for her, and I'm sure that Alice told her that she was all packed. So I expected her to be ready to just walk out the door. She didn't disappoint. She hugged Rose, grabbed her purse and away we went.

Our drive was mostly in silence, I was trying not to let the depression hit me, but I was failing at it. I tried to focus on Bella sitting a few feet from me, looking as beautiful as ever, yet all I could focus on was in two days I would once again say goodbye to Bella. Even if it was only for two weeks it would fucking suck to do. I wanted her close to me, to sleep next to me, to lay beneath me while I made love to her. I shook my head to clear my thoughts as Bella's phone rang. I didn't recognize the ring tone, but I knew it was not any of our friends or family. They had all been given strict instructions to not call unless it was a life or limb type of emergency.

"Hello, Charlotte. What's up?" Bella asked, confusion written on her face.

I could hear Charlotte talking through the phone, but only in that Charlie Brown's teacher voice. I wasn't able to make out what she was saying. Bella nodded and mmhmm'd a lot. Her face was slowly lifting and excitement taking shape. Then just as quickly as the excitement came, it left.

"What do you mean traveling for three weeks? I thought this was to take place here, or in Seattle at the furthest. Like, how much traveling?" Bella fell into silence again as Charlotte began speaking again. I reached over and slid my hand over her knee. I was hoping to calm her and take away the worry. If she could understand when I had to go back to Seattle, I was certainly going to understand if she needed to travel with her job.

"Okay, that still sounds like a lot of time." Bella paused, Charlotte interrupted her, this time I could hear what she said.

"I know it does, and I know that you are so sick of being away from Edward. I promise, you are the only one that is ready for this type of assignment. I won't ask again, ever. I swear. I just know that you are ready for a promotion and this will show it to everyone else that needs to know. Just promise me you'll think about it, okay?"

"Okay, I will think about it. I will talk it over with you on Monday when I get back into the office." Bella glanced at me, but I was looking out the front windshield ahead. I wanted to hear her thoughts and then share mine. If it meant a promotion for Bella, I was in favor of it. Like I said, I would be just as supportive of her as she was of me.

"No, don't worry about it. You can call me anytime, sure. Thanks again for the heads up. Yeah, I'll see you Monday. You have a good weekend as well." Bella tapped her phone and laid it down in the center console. She took a deep breath and ran her fingers through her hair. I wondered if that was something that she did before we reconnected or not. Were we really one of those couples that had spent so much time together that we were starting to act alike?

"Well, that was a thought provoking phone call." She chuckled.

I reached for her hand as I said, "Tell me about it."

"Well, one of our best-selling authors is pregnant, and she can only do her book tour some time during the next two months. After that she wants to be at home to prepare for her baby. I can't really blame her but Charlotte wants me to go with her on the publicity tour. She says that there is a position coming available and she wants to prove to the 'higher ups' that I am ready for it. So, that will mean two weeks after you get back from Seattle, I will be heading off for three weeks." She slapped her free hand along her thigh and exhaled loudly.

I opened my mouth to encourage her to go when she began to speak again.

"I don't know if my sanity can take being away from you for another three weeks. I do want a promotion, but maybe this isn't my time. My job isn't so bad, I love it in fact. Maybe I will let this one pass me by and try for the next one. I think that I would like it if both our lives settled down just a little before I went off and tried to shake things up again." I certainly couldn't argue with that line of logic. I would like for life to be normal and sane for once in my life. I wanted it all with Bella, because of Bella.

"As long as you are sure that this is what you want. I don't want you to turn this down because of me. I am so thankful for all of your support and I am more than willing to return the favor. I will be sad that you are gone, but so damn happy for you to be out there proving yourself to everyone. So, go if you want to. I will be here when you get back, I promise." I pulled her hand to my face and kissed it. I meant every word I said to Bella. I would wait for her forever if I had to.

"I don't want to go," Bella started. As I opened my mouth to speak, she raised her hand and continued, "But I will think on it, I promise." I nodded my head at her.

After arriving at the hotel, we checked in and dressed for dinner. The outfit that Alice had chosen for Bella was stunning. She wore wide leg grey pants with a pale pinstripe, and a pale champagne colored bustier top. It had a small ribbon wrapped around the waist, accentuating how small Bella's waist was. She asked for help buckling her strappy champagne colored heels. I knelt beside her and took my time with the straps and buckles. She slid her earrings in her ears and fastened her bracelet on her wrist. Each normal action was so different and erotic watching Bella do them. She was so unaware of her power over me, I almost moaned aloud at the thought of being with her later tonight. She smiled and kissed my cheek as I passed her face while standing back up. I helped her fasten her necklace; it was hung down her bare back and enticed me beyond belief. I couldn't help but sneak a kiss on her bare shoulder as I slid her grey cashmere wrap over her.

"Bella, you are beautiful beyond words. I love you."

"Thank you, Edward. You clean up pretty nice yourself." She snuck another kiss on my cheek and took my hand so we could head to dinner. I strutted through the lobby with Bella on my arm. I took notice all of the glances that she garnered from all of the men in the lobby. I stared them all down and warned them with my eyes that she was mine.

Somehow the weekend flew by faster than I could have imagined. We were packing up our bags and heading home to join the rest of our family for Jacob's cookout. I slid into the Volvo and turned the key. I was hesitant to head home, but certainly would keep the memories of this weekend for those lonely nights ahead of me in Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment