Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY- Chapter 50

I couldn't tell Edward that I knew we were going to the beach to get married. I found out by accident and I knew it would break his heart especially with all of the planning he had done. I went along with the illusion that it was just a vacation but to be honest I was so excited. It thrilled me to no end that he cared that much for me that he would go through all that trouble for me, for us.

I had a little secret myself. I would tell him tonight when we were all alone. I wanted him to be the first to know.

I heard Edward slip out of the room and then the door opened again. Alice's tinkling laughter slipped into the room far sooner than she did. I guess they thought I was still asleep. I stood and stretched and made my way into the living room with them.

After I was dressed and properly made up, we headed back to the beach where Alice and Rose informed me that we would perform the ceremony. I couldn't wait to be Edward's wife. To my astonishment both of our parents sat in chairs to witness our wedding.

We vowed.

We danced.

And we slipped up to our room for the night.

I have never been happier than I was in that moment and looking at Edward I knew that I could say the same for him. I hoped that my news wouldn't change that. It was sooner than we expected but I hoped he would be just as excited as I was to hear. I wanted to wait till just the right time but as soon as we entered our room I blurted out, "We're gonna have a baby." Edward almost dropped me in his shock. Soon his happiness took over and he kissed me breathless.

"All my dreams have come true. I have a great job, you, and now we have a baby on the way. You have made me the happiest man in the world." He kissed me. "Seems like no matter which one I took, all roads lead to you."

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment