Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY- Chapter 29

I laid in bed and held Bella against me. Last night had been perfect and I wanted it every single night for the rest of my life. Hmmm…I wonder if I could work that out. I knew we were both college students and had quite a distance between us when we actually got back there but it is our senior year so it wouldn't be for that long, right?

My subconscious took over and answered for me…yeah, not that long. Then you both could move to be together and life would work put perfectly for you, 2.5 kids, picket fence, dog, house with a two car garage with kid's toys all over the driveway so I can't drive in at all. All of that used to scare me, the thought of being an adult and living the adult life scared the hell out of me but now…well all I can think of is getting done with school and getting back to Bella.

She stirred next to me so I decided to kiss her awake. "Wake up sleepy head, let's go and surf?" She stretched and nodded her head at me. I threw on a pair of my shorts to wear under my wet suit while Bella watched me pull them on. I could admit I did it a little slower than normal just to give her a show. I threw on some cargo shorts over them, a t-shirt and slide my feet into some flip flops. Bella had been to the bathroom, had thrown her hair up in a sloppy bun, and had donned her bikini. I grabbed an old wet suit shirt, something to cover her and keep her from getting a sun or sand burn. She pulled on a pair of shorts and flip flops as well. We made our way out of the house holding hands before we saw any of the other occupants of the house. It's okay, I didn't think Bella was ready to answer questions yet.

We stopped at a little beachside stand, and we grabbed two breakfast burritos and a couple cokes. When we were finished we tossed our trash and made our way out to the water. Bella was nervous but I assured her that I had been surfing for years so she was fine. I had towed Emmett's ass in one time when his board had hit him on the head, so I could certainly tow her in if something happened. She tossed her head back and laughed at Emmett's misfortune. I stared at her, she was simply the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. I wanted to take her right back to bed but another idea hit me instead. I have to get her out on my board in the water where no one else is close to us and no one else can see us.

Somehow or another that was exactly where we ended up, on my board in the water. She sat in front of me, pressed against my chest, my thighs matching the outside edge of hers. We were touching from the neck down. Even our feet were tangled together beneath the surface of the water.

"Bella, I have so many things I want to say to you…but I'm afraid it will scare you away," I whispered in her ear. She turned slightly to look into my eyes.

I pressed a gentle kiss to her lips to soothe away that small amount of doubt that shows me she is worried this is a scary kind of talk. When it is exactly the opposite of that kind. She smiled when our faces separate. I felt her lips pulling up as they ghosted against mine for a few more small pecks on my mouth.

"Okay," she simply said. Is that okay she's ready to hear it or okay that she knew it's not a scary kind of talk, okay what?

"This is more for me," I blurted out. "I mean, I don't do this kind of thing. I'm not the kind to sleep around but I'm not usually the relationship kind either." I felt her body pull away from mine as soon as the words came out. I threw my arm around her waist and pulled her back to me. "Usually, but with you, Bella, I can see it all. I know that is pretty stupid because we haven't talked in years and it's only been a few days but damn it, you make me want all of it. The house, cars, dogs, garages, toys, all of that shit." I run a nervous hand through my hair and hope that my impulsiveness doesn't scare her off.

"Me too," she whispered and I could hear the tears hidden in her words. I turned her towards me so I could look at her, wipe them away and make it all better for her.

"Don't cry, baby, please." I kissed her temple and pulled her close to me with her body twisted so I ended up with her shoulder pressed against my sternum but it worked anyway. "I didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted to know how you felt so I didn't get my heart broken when it was time to end this thing. When you walked away unscathed and I walked away crushed."

"No, I have a feeling we are both going to be in the same boat at this end of this summer."

"Well, see this morning I thought about that. This is our senior year so we need to rush through it and get back to each other when it ends. It's longer than either of us wanted to be away but we can make this work. We will have holidays in Forks and then we can visit each other as often as possible. We can make this work, we can." I kissed her mouth and begged for her to agree with me. Once again, I felt the smile form on her lips as they pressed against mine. I knew I had her on board with me, no pun intended.

"Okay."

We turned back to watch people further down the beach catch a few waves, nothing major but enough to show Bella how it's done. Yet neither of us moved from the position we were in right this moment. We were happy staying right where we were.

I moved my hand across her stomach and realized that her shirt had slipped up when my hand met the warm, soft skin of her abdomen. I applied a little more pressure and rubbed gently. She purred and slipped closer to me. With my free hand I tread through the water to turn us slightly away from the rest of the surfers view.

My hand on her stomach slipped lower, into her bikini bottoms and my free hand slid up under her shirt to move the scrap of fabric that covered her breast. Her body responded to the slight temperature difference in the hand that was recently in the water and her sun warmed chest. Her nipple tightened immediately and she moaned. That moan is a go sign for me and I pressed both hands further into her body.

No comments:

Post a Comment