Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 39

I watched as Bella stood in the corner of the room while we all helped her get ready to fly to Florida. Her mother needed her and she needed to go, I understood that but it didn't stop me from worrying that her lack of movement could have a greater meaning then just being in shock. We packed her stuff, laid out her clothes, and booked her flight. Then the rest of the group hugged her and left the room. I forced her into her clothes and we sat down in the chair again. I saw the moment she realized what her trip to her mother's meant for us. Her eyes said everything. Then her skin paled and she looked a little green.

"Hey, baby, you okay?" I asked her as gently as I could. I didn't want to shock her or say the wrong thing. "It sounds like your mom is going to be fine it will just take her time to recover. I'm so glad that she has you to take care of her. It'll be good for you two to spend some time together." I knew that it had been a few years since Bella had been able to spend any real time with her.

"Edward, what're you saying? This means we won't get to spend the rest of the summer together," she screeched.

I stood and pulled her back to me. Our bodies touched from the shoulders down to our knees. "Shh, don't you worry about that, we'll be fine. I'll miss you like crazy but it won't be long before we can find time to be together, okay?" I looked down at her and tried to dispel the fears I knew she had. I knew without a doubt that she was worried that with my absence from her that I would forget her or go back to school and find someone to replace her. What she didn't know was that she was the one for me. The only one. I wouldn't every want another after getting to know and love her.

She had every single quality that I loved, she had the feistiness that I needed to keep me on my toes, she loved with her whole heart, and she was loyal and defended those that she loved with everything she had. Her mind, body and spirit were all three the most beautiful that I had ever come across. She was my perfect match. I would never forget her nor would I ever find another that would ever be able to replace her. I needed to make her understand that right here, right now.

The song by Snow Patrol ran through my head, I grabbed my guitar and sang it to her. Her tears stopped and she eventually gave me a watery smile. "Bella, I love you with every single part of me. I will not stop loving you, no matter how far or for however long you have to be gone from me, okay?" She nodded. "I mean it, don't doubt me or us, okay?"

This time she responded to me with words. "I won't. I love you."

"I love you too, sweet girl. Now, let's get you on the road so you can make that flight." I grabbed her bag and took her small hand in mine. I hated that I couldn't go with her to take care of her. I would talk to Charlie about going to see her in a couple of weeks but for now, Bella needed to go to her mom.

The ride to the airport was tense and silent. No one dared to talk, we all knew that this was necessary but no one wanted Bella to leave us. It broke our bubble, it took away the fun light hearted feeling we had maintained through the whole summer together. We wouldn't work with one piece of the puzzle missing, and we all knew it. It would feel the same if any one of us left. It just hit home harder for me since it was Bella that had to leave, I knew I would miss her terribly.

I held her hand for as long as I could and handed her bag off to the check in clerk. She handed over all of her info and turned to me. When she was given the okay to head on to security, we moved away from the other onlookers. Our group stepped up to say their good-bye. Bella hugged them all. I took her further away so that we would have as much privacy as possible to say our good-bye. I kissed her with all of the passion in my body. I held her tighter than I had ever done and told her how I felt. "Bella, I'll miss you every minute of every day and I'll be there soon to see you. I don't want you to worry about me, take care of your mom." She nodded against my chest. "I love you more than I can say. I'm so damn lucky, that is for sure." She whimpered and kissed me again. "You've got to go, baby, before I can't let you go." Her hips gently pressed against me and I knew the pang of regret that we hadn't had time to be together one more time before she left me. Not that the other times weren't great, because they were. I just wanted a fresh memory to have when she was gone. I let go of her hand and unclasped the necklace that she bought for me and re-attached it around her neck. "When we are back together you can give that back to me, okay?" She nodded and I kissed her beautiful mouth one last time. She stepped inside the doors and I watched her walk away. My heart already hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment