Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 34

I threw myself on the bed and wondered what possible reason they could have to talk about me. Just as a sob broke free from my mouth Edward's arms went around me. I laid in the safety that he provided and cried for a few minutes, he murmured and cooed quiet words to me the whole time. I could hear the rest of the group cleaning up the living room, before they all drifted off to bed. Rose stopped and knocked on the door. Edward had locked it so he just called out to whoever it was on the other side.

"Yeah?"

"Bella, Alice and I want to take you out to breakfast, if that is okay with you?" I could hear the sincerity in her tone and knew deep down that neither Alice nor Rose would ever intentionally hurt me so I just nodded my head. I knew there was no way my voice would echo out loud enough for her to hear me. Edward's eyes caught mine and he called out my answer for me.

"She said okay." I nodded at him again and he kissed my forehead.

"Whenever she's ready, we'll go." Rose spoke once again. I nodded again.

"Okay." Edward's husky voice rang out across the room again.

"I love you, Bella, you know that right." Rose sounded so broken and hurt.

This time I used my voice to reassure her. "I know." It was hoarse and not as loud as I wanted but she got the message. I heard her heels click as she walked off from our room.

Edward unwrapped my arms from around him and stood. His warm hands pulled me up with him. "Let's go and shower, then we can flop, okay?" I didn't answer, I didn't need to he already pulled the two of us toward the bathroom. He knew I wouldn't protest.

He undressed me and then himself. We stood for a long time under the spray. Edward pressed into my back with his arms wrapped around me. I felt warm and loved. No words were spoken, we didn't need them. The silence was enough. When the water began to cool, Edward washed and conditioned my hair and we stepped out together. I almost cried at his tender hands as they dried me off. I had never known this kind of devotion before, never.

When we laid in bed, Edward began to hum and I was almost asleep when he began to sing.

Tell me your story, show my your wounds

And I'll show you what love sees when love looks at you

Hand me the pieces broken and bruised

And I'll show you what love sees when love sees you

It was the last straw and more tears fell. He shushed me and sang a bit more to me until I calmed down. His voice and his love soothed me. I wrapped my arms around him and allowed my mind to shut off, I just listened to him sing.

"You're going to give them a chance to explain, right? You know they love you more than words and would never intentionally hurt you." His words were spoken into my hairline at the edge of my fore head.

"Yeah, I am."

"Okay, good, now go to sleep." His song changed but he still sang me to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment