Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY- Chapter 28

Edward tugged my hand and pulled me directly to the bed. I went willingly, nothing in me wanted to fight against the pull or him. In fact every single nerve ending I had was on fire for him. He had touched me in the shower and set my body on fire. He breathed life into me and now I never wanted anything else but him. Again I worried that time would eventually tear us apart, but I couldn't worry about that now. Now, I had Edward in my arms and his lips kissed my body. Now, I had him and so I would occupy myself with that thought.

"Bella, I have wanted this for so long. Since I spoke to you on the phone. I could feel it even then, the pull you had on me. This has nothing to do with who we used to be, this is all about who we are now. You and me, Bella, don't forget that."

His full lips kissed mine again and I dropped open my legs to allow him to fit into the cradle that I created for him. He gladly positioned himself there, and he fit there as if it had been created for him.

I pulled his head back to me and we kissed with sloppy warm kisses that spoke so many words that we couldn't yet. The proof of all that we felt but still weren't ready to admit to ourselves much less each other. But it was enough to prove to me what I needed to know in order to give my heart to him completely.

Edward moved one last time and with a gentle push of his hips he was deep inside of me. He fit perfectly, like I knew he would. Not too large, not too small, just right. I wanted him here with me like this for all of time. Was there a way we could live like this? Where we could tune out the world and just be with each other, no such thing as a need for food or sleep? Just each other? I wished.

My heart felt like a puzzle and with each push into my body I felt like Edward was putting me back together. Like he held the final piece that would make me whole. All worries and pain were gone, I only thought of us, together, exactly like we are right this moment.

I pulled his head to me and kissed the side of his neck. "Edward, do you feel it?" I asked against the warm skin of his neck.

"Yes, baby, I feel it. I feel us. We are so good together." His strokes were deep and steady, each one driving me towards the only place I want to go right now. The peak. The journey is so sweet, yet I can't wait to be there. I reached it way too fast but still couldn't wait to jump off the edge of it. "Bella, stop thinking and feel how good we are together," Edward admonished. His lips attached to the tender skin of my neck behind my ear, his hand shifted my leg, and I fell.

Fell hard, but it was the sweetest journey I had ever been on.

No comments:

Post a Comment