Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 35- Alice's POV

Alice POV

Rose and I paced around downstairs as we waited for Bella to emerge from their room. We were thrilled that they were a couple but at the same time we were so damned scared that we had screwed up with the Fort Knox comment.

Emmett apologized to Rose and myself several times before he and Jasper headed out to surf. He wanted us to know that he would apologize to Bella as well, later today. Rose kissed him sweetly and told him not to worry over it, we would be good. That Bella would see reason and realize we were happy for her and that we had not actually talked about her per say.

When the boys left we began to pace again. We both wanted to just go, to move, to do something but at the same time we perched ready to wait for Bella. It was all about her, she got her feelings hurt and we needed to make her see that we were sorry.

Bella was strong on the outside and took care of herself but those close to her, those she had let in had the power to shatter her. She was so scared and never got over her mother leaving her and Charlie, so it was a deep seeded issue that she would have to learn to deal with but in the mean time Rose and I understood. Besides we wanted some girl time to talk about the new relationships as well so this would kill two birds with one stone. I heard Edward's footsteps on the stairs and hoped that it also meant that Bella was ready as well. I frowned when I realized that he was alone.

His gaze caught mine and noticed the look of dismay obviously because he immediately began to explain. "No, she'll be down in a minutes, she's just washing her hands." He looked nervous and ran his tell tale hand through his hair. Now I worried too. "She feels bad that she jumped to conclusions last night, she worried that you two will be angry at her actions and the fact that she didn't let you explain before she ran off." I rushed over and grabbed his hand on its journey back to fondle his hair again.

"Never, we know Bella. We knew that she would do this, we know the real reasons behind her hurt and anger. I promise, she is safe with us. We want to help and explain, we are the furthest thing from angry."

Bella stepped off of the bottom step and rushed for Rose and me. She half hugged half tackled the both of us. A few tears and whispered apologies later, we were out of the house and off to have our girl time.

We talked about the misunderstanding and she explained her reason, it was exactly what Rose and I already knew. We explained the talk with Emmett and Jasper. We told her how we wanted to get a better understanding of Edward and what he felt. She blushed and finally came out with the exact nature of their relationship.

"Holy shit, you slept in the bed naked with him and nothing happened? Wow, the two of you are saints." Rose said as she picked a piece of bacon off of my plate. "What, don't gape at me, you know you thought it." I did in fact think it but sometimes I swear that girl has no damn filter at all. I just shook my head at her and turned back to Bella.

She regaled us with tales of how good it was between them and she shared about her surfboard nookie as well. Got to admit that I was jealous of that one. After we all shared our stories, I had to voice out loud our luck. "You know girls; it looks like we each got very worthy men who treat us well." I was met with vigorous nods of agreement by the other two.

We paid and decided to go and shop some more. Well I decided and they tagged along. Rose stopped us as we were about to climb into the Sub. "Hey, let's promise each other that we won't get so wrapped up in our men that we forget each other, okay? I don't want to be one of those girls."

Bella stepped forward to hug both of us again. "I promise, I know I kind of have done that and I'm sorry. It is just so overwhelming to me, to be here with him, doing what we are doing. I just can't explain how good it feels." Rose and I snickered at this comment, Bella shared that Edward did this thing with his tongue and of course that was exactly the place our dirty minds went to when she spoke to us. After a few slaps to our arms we stopped snickering again. "I mean it, what Edward and I have is intense but I will work on making it relaxed and spend time with you guys as well. I promise." She raised her hand into the middle of the make shift circle our bodies made.

"I promise." Rose stated and mimicked Bella's hand.

I threw my hand up as well. "I promise, as well."

We did a funny little hand shake and linked arms to finish our shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment