Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY- Chapter 46

Somehow or another I got through the rest of my time in Florida without Edward. Each day Renee improved a little bit more and we were able to spend some time together doing some fun things. We put her wheelchair in the car and off we'd go. I think it was her way of making sure I didn't have too much time to mope over Edward being gone. We had a long talk about him after he left. Phil and Renee both gave their blessings; they explained how they each had spoken with him while he was here. The words they relayed to me that he said caused tears to form in my eyes. I knew how he felt but to hear him say it to other people made my heart sing for joy.

I had packed and sent the bulk of my clothes home to Dartmouth. Believe it or not it was cheaper than if I had taken them back by suitcase with me on the plane. Alice and Rosalie were already back in Forks, Edward, Jasper and Emmett had dropped them off three days prior. They were in the process of packing our postage stamp sized apartment. We had made enough money to move to a larger place. In fact based on the pictures that Rose and Alice sent me it would be a really large house that we would move into. They made sure to get back a week or so before all the other kids showed up in town in order to not miss out on the 'good places', their words not mine.

After we paid for our car, the rent for the next few months and my expenses while I was in Florida and California, I still had enough money to last me the rest of the year. My books and tuition was paid through my scholarship, I just needed to cover my living expenses. So I was set. I was so thankful that I didn't have to work this last year. I wanted to concentrate on my classes and make sure that I didn't miss any requirements to graduate. Nothing was going to keep me away from Edward any longer than I had to be.

I buzzed with excitement about starting the new school year as the plane landed. I had made several lists in my journal, one personal list of things I wanted Edward to see and do when he visited me. The other was things I needed to make sure happened as far as school goes. The last list were things for our new house. I really just spent the last hour or so of my flight writing to keep myself busy. Now that it was time to go back to Dartmouth I was engulfed with excitement. I couldn't wait to start the year and get it over with.

Rosalie and Alice picked me up in Hartford and we made the drive back to our house. They talked the whole way home. They told me about the rest of their time in California and the arrangements for Jasper and Emmett to come and visit them when Edward came to see me. I couldn't believe the difference a summer had made on the three of us.

We pulled into the driveway of our large Victorian home. Too large if you asked me, I was worried about how much rent it would cost us and if I could stretch my money to last all year. I expressed these concerns to the girls and they agreed to help cover the cost some since they were able to stay and work the last month and a half that I was in Florida. Besides they picked the house out so they agreed to help get the extra amount covered. I was happy with that arrangement because it would be nice to live in a house where we didn't have to worry about the noise from the surrounding apartments. I could study when I wanted to and now worry.

All the furniture was moved into the house but it was all scattered around the house. Rose talked a few remaining frat brothers into helping her in exchange for beer and pizza. So needless to say that they loaded it, unloaded it and expected to be paid. Good thing was that our beds were placed in our bedrooms so we could at least sleep comfortably tonight. We would worry about furniture tomorrow.

After a long talk with Edward, and several emails with pictures of the house and some from our time in Florida I finally got to bed. I awoke refreshed and ready to move our stuff into place. Seems like Alice and Rose were thinking along the same lines as I was. They were already downstairs with their ratty clothes on, hair tied back and music blaring. We all worked till way past lunch but the house was all in place when we decided to break for a bite to eat.

We each ran to our bathrooms and took a quick shower. We met downstairs to go and grab a bite. I felt a new excitement wash over me again. I felt like I was at a turning point in my life. Somehow over the course of the summer Edward had shown me love and how to move on to trust people again. I couldn't wait to tell him that I had finally figured it all out. He would be so proud of me. I pulled out my phone and called him as we backed out of the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment