Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY- Chapter 32

I looked deep into his eyes and realized that he truly mean the words coming out of his mouth, not just saying them because he thought it was what I wanted to hear. So I responded the only way I knew how. The way that felt right to me. "I love you too, Edward."

When we were too pruney to stay in the water any longer we made our way up to the beach and laid out on the blanket I had brought with us. I was happy and satisfied just being with Edward. No words, no expensive activities, just spending time together.

I fished around in my bag and we scraped enough money together to go and buy a couple of hot dogs and cokes for us to eat. Edward promised me a better meal when we got back to the house and he could access his wallet. I told him that this was fine, again, I was happy just being with him.

We listened to music and I read aloud to us. He frowned when he saw that it was PrideandPrejudice but he listened anyway. I made him promise that he would read to me from his book at home I had seen him reading each night.

When we had finally found our way back to the house it was close to dark and we were almost exhausted, well at least I was. Sitting in the water and paddling back and forth, even with Edward's help, had used muscles that I didn't even know I had. Everyone else was getting ready to head to a beachside cook out.

After much cajoling from Rose and Alice we agreed to go with them but I made them promise I could leave any time I wanted to. Edward and I showered together and dressed quickly. All conversation stopped when we walked in hand and hand.

"So, I guess that was the two of you that I heard last night when I came down to get some chips," Emmett boldly asked.

"Hm, I'm not sure what did you hear?" Edward asked as he took a sip from his water bottle.

"Oh, Edward, harder, that feels so good, right there, yes, yes, oh God, yes." Emmett faked a feminine tone of voice, very badly but he did it anyway.

"Well, yeah then that would have been us," Edward answered as he kissed the side of my bright red face.

"Well glad to know it, buddy. Can we get the hell out of here now? I'm starving!" Emmett's enthusiasm took over and we all shuffled out the door, nothing else was said about Edward and me together. But then again, no one made a big deal about Alice and Jasper nor Emmett and Rosalie either, so I guess we were off the hook. Well, he was, I was not, without a doubt Alice would not be letting that thing go. She would ask every single question she wanted to and expect an answer out of me as well. I was not looking forward to that conversation.

After we'd eaten our food and had drank several beers on the beach, Jasper brought up what seemed to be a strange conversation but then again maybe not so strange considering the company we kept.

"Okay so Alice said something today that we need to clarify, she called her lady parts Fort Knox. Now, I know not all of you have the same names so I think we need to share these so we don't have any encrypted conversations that us guys are not clued in on, okay?" The guys all nodded but there was no way in hell I was sharing that shit with any of them. Not without a few more beers in me anyway. So I voiced that exact thought.

"There is no way in hell without a lot of Tequila in me that I am sharing those answers with you men!" I held up my beer and the girls tapped theirs to mine. A united front, I loved it.

"Well then, Ms. Bella, we will bring on the Tequila 'cause we ain't letting this one go." Emmett grabbed the large tote bag that Rose had carried down to the beach with us and pulled out a bottle from it. What do you know, they had brought Tequila.

"Okay, rules are…you have five seconds to think of a name for lady parts. If you can't think of a name you must take a shot. If you say a name that has already been said, you take a shot, if you call out a name and at least three of us call bullshit on it, you take a double shot. We okay with the rules?" I gulped, the only name I knew was Lucy. Damn it. Everyone else nodded their head and so I did as well. I wasn't going to be the only stick in the mud.

"I'll start," Jasper offered. "Pussy."

No comments:

Post a Comment