Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY- Chapter 26

The next day I called Charlie and gave him our address. Not sure why he needed it but you know the cop in him never rests, so I gave it up without a fight. He at least deserve that much, I mean he did let us go with the boys so I guess this was his reward. Believe it or not he was happy that we ended up renting the house with the boys. He didn't want us alone in a strange town, especially one like Malibu. Not sure exactly what he thinks happens here but it whatever it was worried him, that much was clear.

Rose called her uncle at the same time. She told him that we were here and settled in. He gave her the info on our first job. We would be doing some photo shoots on the beach, for some bikini company. Rose and Alice squealed like a stuck pig when he shared the name but it was foreign to me. Personally I didn't care, I just wanted the paycheck and would do almost whatever I needed to get it.

The next morning we left the boys sleeping in their beds as we made off in the Sub towards our jobs. It felt so good to say that, our jobs. The boys would spend the day surfing and hanging out while we would spend the day working. Each shoot was for a different company so our pay would be sent to Rose's uncle Aro and he would make us out a check at the end of the week, minus his commission of course. I didn't care about that either, I just loved life right now.

That was until the handler for the three of us came over and took us to this fully enclosed tent. It seemed strange because none of the other tents were fully enclosed. I understood why when we got inside. It was the waxing tent. We were each waxed from head to toe and then sent out to stand for hours in the hot sun in our bathing suits. This sounds easy enough, right? Well, you're wrong, it's not. My Lucy hurts and burns, my shoulders are getting sunburnt and I am about to pass out from hunger.

At the end of our day, we all felt like we had earned every single bit of the money we would get paid. Every damn dime.

Good news was that we had the next three days off, Aro handed us the address to show up at on Friday. We would be doing clothes this time for a catalog, so it would be inside work. Thank heavens for that. Besides Aro would be there with our paychecks on Friday as well, so all in all it was a good day.

After our showers and changing into some normal clothes we made our way down towards the beach. We stopped at the burger joint and grabbed us all some food and walked the few blocks to join the guys as per their note stuck to the front door. It read simply, Still surfing, come find us!

We all ate our make shift dinner and began to form the circle as we did last night, sure enough the same group joined us. This time 'tall dude' brought his own girl. Edward saluted him with his beer and he saluted back, guys were so weird.

Before long the group became a bunch of couples off in their own little world. Edward stood up and tugged at my hand. He was still in his wet suit. He tossed his head in the direction of our new home and I nodded. He held his surf board under one arm and me under the other.

I was like a pre-teen at her first boy girl party, I couldn't wait to get back home and make out with Edward some more. Maybe tonight he would touch me, actually touch me, like touch Lucy and all. God, I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment