Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY- Chapter 48

Alice and Rose had been acting strange all day, from the moment we left the house to go and eat in fact. I wondered what the hell was up with them. First they said we had to hurry back then they acted like we had all day. We were able to laugh and joke around, just enjoy ourselves as we ate though. I still couldn't shake the small part of my heart that was sad because Edward, Jasper and Emmett weren't here with us. Their presence would have made it a perfect day.

I paid first and made my way outside in the sunshine. I looked up and let it warm my skin while I inhaled the fresh air. It didn't smell like the salty ocean water but it had a clean scent that reminded me of Edward's laundry soap.

When I dropped my face back to a normal position to catch up to Alice and Rosalie, I had to blink my eyes. I was partially blinded by the sun but I swore I saw Edward standing there waiting for me. His crooked grin in place and his messy hair calling to me. I had to restrain myself from a full on run to jump into his arms. My body ached to be with him, to be held by him. Tears formed in my eyes.

I looked over to see Rose and Alice both wrapped up in Jasper and Emmett's strong arms, happiness was written all over their faces. I blinked again and looked back to where I thought I saw Edward. Standing in the flesh in front of me was in fact Edward; my eyes had not deceived me at all. He was there. I ran to him and jumped into his arms.

"I thought you were never going to get over here to me, what took you so long?" He asked before his mouth crashed into mine.

"I thought you were a figment of my imagination and the sun playing tricks on my eyes. What are you doing here?" I kissed his jaw line and neck as he attempted to answer me.

"I transferred schools to be here with you, so did Jasper and Emmett. My dad wasn't on board at first but when he saw the music program, he was a little more understanding about it all. Besides, with my scholarship and the money I made this summer, he really isn't paying for anything anymore so what could he say?" He leaned down to kiss me again.

"So, you're here for school…like here all year…not just to visit?" He nodded his head the entire time I spoke.

"I'm your new roommate, that is if you want me?" He looked shy and unsure as he spoke. I pulled him towards me and kissed his mouth one more time to tell him how much I wanted him.

Suddenly, the entire day made more sense. Alice and Rosalie knew this whole time and didn't tell me. I ran towards the two of them where they stood beside Jasper and Emmett. I smacked them both but then pulled them in for a hug. I was so happy that the three of us would get what we wanted, our men with us, full time. I couldn't be angry about their little secret that they kept, because I had Edward with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment