Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 41

Only being able to talk to Bella on the phone was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I thought the time I stayed with my dad and watched as they put our dog to sleep was hard but it was a piece of cake after today. I wanted Bella, needed her in the worst way. She was all the good things in my life. I was common and average, nothing special without her. I saw that now.

Alice held my hand when I talked with her. I felt like a pussy because I needed to feel that support but it helped and that was all that mattered.

I stayed in bed for three days. Life carried on around me and I just watched it go by, I was just being emo and moping and I knew it. I had no desire to change it though; at least not until I could see Bella.

On the fourth day after Bella left I got a call from Rose's uncle Aro. He had a job for me to do if I was interested. I was certainly interested; I needed money to make the trip to Florida. I got out of bed, showered and made my way to the address he gave me.

Work was work, it wasn't fun, it wasn't not fun. It just was. That seemed to be the way everything felt now. Flat, boring, and not real. It's almost like I'm having a dream and at any minute I will wake up and it will all be gone, Bella will be here by my side.

Her pillow still smells like her. I hold it each night. I talk to her every single day, I text her all the time. I email, I forward jokes and pictures to her. We have a nightly Skype date. It's probably a good thing that I am forced to sit and look at Bella each night because otherwise I wouldn't get out of bed at all. I can't hide from her though, I promised her I would be okay and I will. Eventually, I will.

Aro began to call me more and more and I was okay with that. I wanted to work so that would keep my mind off of Bella being gone. I also wanted the money because a plan had formed in my head. A shaky plan but a plan none the less.

I rushed home to tell Emmett and Jasper what I had in mind, I knew that if they agreed it would make my life much easier. There is strength in numbers. Now to get my numbers to agree with me.

I laid it all out on the line and waited for their answers.

"Bout fucking time you pulled your head out of your ass and went after your girl! Of course I'm in, bro!" Emmett pounded me on the arm and shoulder as he spoke. It was a wonder that he had not broken any of my bones with his enthusiasm so far.

"Jasper, you're kinda quiet, what are you thinking?" I asked hesitantly. I knew that Emmett would be in, he was an all in kinda guy. But Jasper…well he was another story all together. He thought thinks out, planned and made strategies. He treated every situation like it was a battle plan for a war. Guess it was a good thing that he was a History major, he totally rocked the Civil War info.

"Well, I see it two ways…we can stay where we are and do nothing and be miserable. Or…we can go with your plan and be happy. So which way do you think I'm gonna choose? Happy, dude!" Emmett and I rushed at him and we all three joined in a big assed group hug. Obviously Alice and Rose walked in on us right then. "I fucking knew that Edward was bi! I mean no man looks like him and doesn't swing both ways." Rosalie droned on. Emmett snickered at her. I just stood with my mouth hung open. "The only problem, dude, is that is my man and I will cut your ass for him. So back the fuck off, okay?" Her hand on her hips, her bag hung from her other shoulder and she looked fierce, like Sasha Fierce. So I backed the fuck off and Emmett moved to stand beside her.

We all broke off into much needed laughter and to be honest I felt lightheaded now that I had Jasper and Emmett on my side of the plan.

After a quick exchange we explained our plan to Alice and Rose. We were all too excited to hold it in any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment