Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY- Chapter 25

After our tasty dinner of beer and hot dogs we decided to wander down to the beach and see what we were close to. Each couple walked just far enough away from the other to give us all space but close enough that we looked like we were a group of people together.

After we arrived at the beach we walked until we found a good place to sit down. Jasper and I brought our guitars. Naturally we sat and played a few songs, eventually we all began to sing along. Before long we had a group that joined us and the guitars got passed around as different ones took turns playing. The whole scene reminded me of the movie Point Break with Keanu Reaves. The beach and the surf just bonded us and we belonged because we liked the same things.

After a while Bella moved back around the circle to sit beside me, practically on me in fact. I gave her the questioning eyebrow. Not that I minded but I just wanted to know what was up. She leaned in like we were whispering to each other and said, "That tall guy keeps asking me how long I'm here for and where I'm from." I chuckled.

"So you want me to be the stand in boyfriend for you?" I faked shock and anger. When I really wanted to be just that, her boyfriend.

"I don't know about boyfriend but the stand in something. I mean we are sort of a couple, right?" She seemed suddenly unsure of herself.

My thumb involuntarily pulled her lip out from in between her teeth while I gently tugged her into my lap before I responded. "Do you lay in bed naked with many guys that you aren't involved with?" I whispered it across her mouth right before I kissed her. It was a full on the mouth, wet kiss where I held the back of her neck and ghosted my thumbs across her cheeks. I kissed her like she had never been kissed before. I made sure 'tall dude' saw me kiss her, in fact I made eye contact with him as I leaned back in to kiss her again. My eyes said, stay the fuck away from my girl or I will cut your nuts off and feed them to you. I hoped he could read the words my eyes were speaking, because I really didn't want to have to go to jail because he was unfamiliar with the language.

That night in our bed, Bella and I lay naked under the sheet. We kissed a lot and we talked just as much. She told me about her dreams to write a novel and I told hers about my dreams to design houses. We talked about school and our lives since we saw each other last. We talked about our lives then even. How her perception and mine were so different, and how both of our perceptions were wrong about the other. We just talked.

While I wanted Bella under me, yelling my name, I found that I wanted this as much if not more than the first option. At least I think I do, wait…yeah I do, definitely do.

No comments:

Post a Comment