Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 31-Rose's POV

Rose's point of view

"Hey, is it strange to anyone else that they are gone, first thing this morning?" I asked as I slipped a piece of croissant into my mouth. Jasper and Em were shoveling store bought cereal into their mouths like their lives depended on it. Alice paused with her eyeliner pencil halfway to her eye and the mirror held up ready to finish her face. "What, you all would have brought it up if you had thought of it first." I pushed another bite into my mouth and searched all of their eyes to see if any of them had any ideas.

"Edward's hiding something for sure, he always made himself scarce whenever he's had a secret or something like that," Jasper said in between bites. "Always has, when he lost his virginity, I didn't see him for like two weeks." Another bite was crammed into his mouth. I wanted to call him out for being a pig but when I looked over at Emmett he was matching Jasper stroke for stroke with the spoon. So nothing I could say really.

Alice went ballistic, "You think him and Bell have done the nasty? I know Bella needs it, I mean not that she doesn't have lots and lots of admirers at school but she won't allow any of them inside her Fort Knox."

Emmett and Jasper snickered at her words.

"Is that what y'all really call it? Fort Knox?" Emmett watched with rapt devotion like he was being let inside the inner circle of knowledge.

"No, that is not what we call it. I meant her heart when I said Fort Knox. And, for Bella, if they don't win her heart they don't get inside of her other parts either. She's a good girl that way." Alice snickered and winked at me.

Yeah the two of us were not so much on the rules. We went with what felt good but Bella had some discipline about her. I think her past was pushing that rule more so than her morals but either way she needed some attention paid to her. And I thought Edward was just the man to do it for her. She may have thought she could fool me but I saw her, really saw her when he talked or ate, or hell just breathed. She had been hanging on every single thing he had done and he was almost as bad with her. They deserved each other, it would benefit both of them.

I snapped back into reality and realized that Em and Jas were now getting a lecture on what women called their lady parts. "So you two need to mind your own business and leave our parts alone. When we trust you enough you will find out what they are called. Now eat up, we've got lots to do today." Both men dropped their gaze, sufficiently chastised by Alice and began to finish up their breakfast as she stated.

Halfway through our shopping Emmett piped up and spoke all of the sudden. "You know I heard noises from their room last night." We all stopped and waited for him to finish but he didn't.

I smacked his head. "Emmett, you heard noises and said nothing before now? Why didn't you share this little piece of info earlier when we were all talking about it?"

Emmett looked over at Jasper and they just exchanged looks before he continued. "Well, cause Ed's kinda private when it comes to that sort of thing, so I felt weird talking about it. I mean he jokes with us and all but he never really talks about things in detail or anything. I do think Bella would be good for him though." Emmett shrugged like that was his final idea about things.

"You think?" Jasper drawled. "I mean I have seen more of him and have heard more from him on this trip than we have in an entire month back at school. She really has brought him out of his shell some." He turned to look at Alice and myself. "He really has changed since high school. I mean not that he was a terrible person then, but he seems to think things over more and not just jump into decisions now." Jasper stopped walking abruptly and slapped Emmett on the arm. "Damn does that mean our boy has grown up?" Emmett and Jasper stared at each other again and seemed to shutter before they began to walk away from a stunned Alice and I.

"Do you think he's fallen in love with her?" Alice whispered.

"I don't know but I would bet the next pair of shoes I buy that she has fallen for him." Alice was nodding before I could even finish my sentence. "Now, the question is…will she admit it before it's too late?"

No comments:

Post a Comment