Monday, February 2, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 36

For the next four days straight we worked. It was hard being away from Edward all that time but it did allow Rose, Alice and I have a lot of girl time. We managed to grab a few items off of the numerous racks of clothes that we modeled as well. Our last day at work that week Jasper and Edward came by to bring us some food for lunch. The director liked the way the boys looked and asked them to stay and work with us as well. Emmett had stayed home and played Wii with 'tall dude', who we know knew was Demetri.

The photographer decided that we would head to the beach to shoot a few more shots of us with the boys. It was fun to see the boys dressed up and going through the photo shoot with us. Rose stayed behind and did a solo shoot for a shoe designer. That was a no brainer for her because she loved shoes and this was a new up and coming designer, so she was proud to say she wore him before anyone else did. Turns out she kept three pairs from that shoot as well.

Alice, Jasper, Edward and I played around on the beach while the photographer took our photos. He commented at the end of the day how our personalities meshed well and we fed off of each other. The thought sounded like a compliment and I'm sure he meant it that way for us, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that it was anything but that…a compliment.

On the way home, Jasper drove. Edward and I snuggled in the middle seat together. We laughed over how much money we just made and how ridiculous that people would pay that kind of money for a single days work. Edward joked about calling Rose's Uncle Aro and we both laughed over that. Deep down inside I think he was serious about it though. It would be nice to bank roll the entire amount I needed for my last year of college in one summer.

I couldn't even fathom the thought of not working this last year. I would be free to take an intern position and possibly secure a job after graduation. How sweet would that be?

Of course graduation brought sad thoughts as well. It made me realize exactly how long it will be before I see Edward again. I pulled my phone out and pulled up the school schedule for next few semesters. I made Edward open his as well. We marked out dates on our calendars that we would see each other; we planned who would fly where and how long we would stay. The last date we marked was the first day or our trip back to the beach. We decided, along with Jasper and Alice, that this beach trip should be an annual event for us. For as long as we can make it we will. All six of us, even if we break up, we will still come as friends. Our young, optimistic hearts were telling each of us that there was no way we would ever be part of the broken up couple, that our love was the forever kind. I glanced nervously at Edward to see that he had glanced at me as well. I think the distance would weigh on both of us for the entire time we were at the beach.

It would hurt because no matter how many memories we made, how much fun we had and however much money we made it would not cure our biggest problem…the distance between us when this was all over. I glanced down at the calendar and counted the times we would see each other between now and next year at this time. It would be seven trips to see each other. It would average about once every six weeks we would see each other. In the mean time we could skype, text, call and email each other. It was the modern age and we would be able to keep in touch. It just wouldn't be as much fun as lying in bed with Edward at night to talk about our day with each other. It wouldn't compare to the mind blowing sex we have had here this summer so far. Nothing would ever compare to that, nothing.

When we pulled into our driveway, I realized that we had at some point stopped to collect Rosalie from her shoot. Edward held me close and dozed while I pondered our fate. It felt so natural to be with him, he allowed me to be me and I, hopefully, allowed him to be him. I shut off the worries of tomorrow and made sure to walk into our house living fully in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment