Monday, September 15, 2008

ARLTY- Chapter 9

Chapter 9- Edward

Chief Swan appeared as I was pulling my door closed. He stopped it and stepped into the opening. "Edward, you always were a good boy growing up, but those girls back there are all I have. If anything happens to them, I mean anything, on this trip it will be your ass that I come looking for, you got me?" His hand dropped to his gun and unsnapped the thin leather strap that held it in place on his belt. I had no doubt what so ever that he meant to use it if anything happened to the girls. I prayed that he would not ever need to unsnap the gun in my presence ever again. I nodded my head and pulled the door closed when he stepped back around to the front beside Carlisle to wave at us as we backed out of the parking lot and headed off.

We played twenty questions as we drove out of Forks. I learned that Bella and her friends were nothing like Bella and her friends in high school. Some of her answers shocked me, I heard Emmett choke several times after Rosalie answered her questions. After twenty questions was done Jasper suggested that we play Never have I ever, and again I was blown away by the answers that the girls gave. This would certainly be a fun trip if we were to take their pasts as an indication.

When we stopped for gas, Emmett and Jasper suggested that we stop for the night to grab a hotel. The girls agreed with us and thirty minutes later we stopped. They had one suite left. Two rooms adjoined by a living room area, score! Not only would we get to stay in a decent bed but it would be within close proximity of the girls as well. Once our bags were in the rooms we all changed into our bathing suits and made our way down to the pool. The girls of course took much, much longer than we did so we left them behind. We were all playing in the pool when the three of them made their way towards the pool in what looked like slow motion, Charlie's Angels style. My chin hit the ground and I'm certain that Jasper and Emmett's did as well. The girls were stunning and one thing was for sure, Bella Swan had grown up, she was no longer the little girl from high school that I remembered.

My hands itched to touch her and run along her pale skin but I knew we shouldn't do any of those things. I mean we only had the summer and there was no need to form any attachments for such a short time. Bella and her friends would be returning to college and so would we, on opposite ends of the continent from each other. There was definitely no need to start something that we would only have to end in a few short months. So I stared at her from afar and pretended that I wasn't looking when she caught me.

We hung out in the pool for a few hours and several times I caught Bella looking at me as well, but I had to play it cool and try not to get caught. After a while Rose and Alice both made their way up to the room to shower off and wash their hair. I noticed, to my delight, that Bella did not follow along with them. She chose to stay, in fact, she came over to sit on the side of the pool with me. Jasper and Emmett noticed the absence of the other girls and they chose to take off towards the room as well. No doubt to see if they could catch a peek of the two of them semi undressed. That left Bella and I to sit and catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment