Monday, September 15, 2008

ARLTY-Chapter 4

Chapter 4~ Bella

Carlisle really came through for us. He and Charlie managed to work out the logistics of us getting to LA; Charlie was a little skeptical about the fact that we would be driving down with three guys, but Carlisle assured him that all three boys could be trusted. I went to high school with Edward and Jasper so I hoped that between the fact that I already knew them and Carlisle's assurances that would be enough to convince Charlie to let us go; the three of us really wanted to get this job.

At the end of it all Carlisle convinced Charlie and we were all squealing like well…girls. Carlisle took down my phone number and promised to have Edward call me. He left to get back to the hospital to finish his shift and we all headed back to the house because Alice and Rosalie wanted to see Edward and Jasper's picture in my yearbook.

With the three of us all snuggled into my childhood bed and the yearbook held above us, they commented on all the boys that I went to school with. Over all Forks High got good grades on the male population from Alice and Rosalie. Funny how I saw it so differently at the time; now, don't get me wrong, Jasper and Edward were both really good looking guys, but they were also popular and that paired with the looks made them a little too cocky for me. They thought that the popularity made them invincible. How can you not think that when you are on the athletic teams, the student body presidential board, and the debate club? They were both golden boys, good at everything and wanted by everyone. I was just plain old Bella so we didn't run in the same circles. I did know them but just didn't hang out with them.

Thankfully when I started collage Alice and Rosalie saw me that first day on campus and took me under their wing. Now I have a new wardrobe, a new attitude, and new best friends. They convinced me that it was okay to live a little, to let go and have fun, but most importantly to find out who I was. As Jessica said at our graduation speech, "This is the time to make mistakes and then make some more," or something like that. I don't know about the mistakes that I've made but I do know that I love the journey of finding me. I love trying new things to see if I like them or not, if I don't, well then I don't do it again; if I do, then that is just one step closer to knowing the real me.

I snapped back to the here and now when I heard Alice and Rose talking about the boys. "Well I don't care what you think, Edward looks like Bella's type if you ask me." Alice commented, while Rose shook her head in denial. "Besides, look at that tall drink of water, momma could crawl all over him and enjoy the trek, if you know what I mean?" Her eyebrows wiggled as she smirked at Rose. The funny thing was that I really could see Alice and Jasper as a couple. They would fit well together, now me and Edward…well that was not going to happen. I would not give into his ego, ever!

"Ladies, let's get in bed or we are not going to be fit to be seen by anyone, much less a bunch of boys." The other two bodies scrambled from my bed and crawled onto the air mattress that Charlie had provided for them to sleep on. Of course, no matter how we started out, all three of us always ended up on the air mattress together anyway, and not in a sexual lesbian sleep over party way, just as the friends that love to cuddle way.

No comments:

Post a Comment