Monday, September 15, 2008

ARLTY-Chapter 10

Chapter 10~Bella

After checking ourselves in the mirrors of the car one last time, we noticed that Charlie made his way out to us and carried our bags into the diner. He talked the whole time but for the life of me I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying. I wanted to see Edward again. His voice sounded like sin on a stick dipped in chocolate but his attitude scared me off. I hope that he had changed in the few years since I had seen him last.

I forced myself to slow it down, in fact I walked behind Charlie, Alice and Rose. I didn't want to give Alice any reason to doubt me or to pester the shit out of me. Rose, devious minx that she is, must have been on to me because she slowed even further the closer we got to the table. I wanted to stab her and then chop off her long beautiful hair. I'm sure some poor kid somewhere could use it to make a wig out of, see two good things from that scenario.

With a last minute smile she turned and walked to an available seat, I saw Charlie step around to the seat he was occupying before we got there and then I stood face to face with Edward. OMG, with shouty capitals doesn't even describe how good he looked. The years had been kind to Edward that is for sure. I knew that I was in a lot better shape than I was back then so it gave me a great amount of pleasure when I saw his eyes roam all over me. I swear they stopped at my hips, my breasts and my eyes. For him to stop at my eyes at all was a huge accomplishment for a guy his age. Usually they just notice the hips and chest and don't bother with anything else. Maybe something other than Edward's looks had changed. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

His arms shot out to engulf me in a hug, don't think that I didn't notice when he pushed my breasts flat against his chest. The hug was all too brief, but I guess he had no choice because both of our dad's were there and witnessing our every move. That's the last thing I needed was Charlie getting the idea that this trip would be a big old orgy from day one. He would never let us go and I was determined to make this money and not mooch off of him next year. I stepped away at the same time Edward did, I dropped a small kiss to his cheek. It was mostly for my pleasure but I did want him to know how thankful I was that he agreed to help us out.

We made pleasantries, which was fucking hard to do, by the way. The way his full pouty lips moved almost made me cream my pants. Edward introduced me to Emmett and Jasper grabbed me up and swung me around as he greeted me. He was taller but looked more like he did in high school. He had a darker tan and his smile was wider but for the most part he was the same old laid back country boy with the amazing accent. So clichéd that we would fall for that accent and good old boy thing he had but damn, don't fix it if it ain't broke. I think that was how he said it.

Our food was ordered and I tried my best to eat but it was hard to eat, stare at Edward, inconspicuously of course, and fend off all the women that made extra trips by our table for no damn good reason. The good thing was that Alice and Rose were swatting off their fair share also. Believe me that Rose's bitch brow will rival anyone's. I've seen her take down all kinds with that thing.

Before I knew it, it was time to load up and drive off. All three of us hugged Charlie, he whispered his same old advice and let us know that he packed an extra three containers of pepper spray for us and said, 'Even if it is on these Forks boys here, don't matter, you use it.' We all chuckled and climbed into the big ass boat we would use to make it to California. Every single nerve ending in me tingled at the thought of being on a road trip with this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment