Monday, September 15, 2008

ARLTY-Chapter 2

Chapter 2-Bella

I couldn't believe our luck. Rose's uncle had helped her get a summer modeling job. She sent off her pictures along with mine and Alice's too. Turns out they wanted all three of us. Now all we had to do was get out stuff packed up and get to California. See that was the problem, Alice and Rose has no car since they flew here from so far away and my old truck has chosen this week to die on me. Not just a little hiccup but a big old fat heart attack died. The only person that can beat that truck into submission is Jake and well, he is back in Forks. Not here. So we were stuck here trying to get home to Forks so we could figure out how to get to California.

My dad sent me money for a plane ticket so the three of us could fly to his house. He promised to help us figure out how to get to California once we got there. It wasn't so bad flying out, nor was the flight there but getting out of the airport in Seattle was terrible. There was a convention or something that had everyone fly in at the same time that our flight arrived. So we had plenty of people that had never flown before, never had to find their luggage and get in a cab to get to their hotel room. We, of course, had and their lack of knowledge drove us mad. Absolutely mad! It didn't help that we flew in at almost nine o'clock at night. So we were tired and hungry too.

I texted dad and he replied quite quickly for an old man, that he was right outside. He brought the Suburban with Forks Police Department tattooed down the side, it helped him stay at the curb a lot longer than most people were allowed, so who was I to complain about his choice of vehicles.

We talked about classes, our apartment and our flight while Charlie drove us towards home. We stopped at the diner on our way into town. It was the only think open at this time of night in Forks. It didn't look busy so at least we would not have to wait too long to get our food.

Halfway through our meal Carlisle Cullen stopped by the table and chatted with Charlie. They talked about a case that they were both working on, we ignored the gross talk and resumed our eating. After a few minutes I realized that Carlisle and Charlie were both looking at me. "Sorry, guess I'm more tired than I thought, what did you say?"

"I said nice to see you again, are you spending your summer in Forks?" Rose sat across from me and I saw her lick her lips as he spoke. Good thing he wasn't a mind reader because I'm sure that Rose's thoughts were not innocent in anyway shape or form.

"Uh, no. We," I waved my hand around to introduce the 'we' I spoke of, "have a modeling job in California, if we can get there." My shoulders slumped when I thought about missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime just because I drove a truck that was older than my dad.

"Oh, really?" His tone sounded teasing but for the life of me I didn't know why. "Well I just happen to know a vehicle that will be making its way to California and it has plenty of room for the three of you."

No comments:

Post a Comment