Monday, September 15, 2008

ARLTY-Chapter 7

Chapter 7~Edward

Bella starred in my dreams last night, in a big way, but not the high school Bella. No, a more mature, grown up Bella, a very filled out Bella. I begged every single deity that I knew that she looked more like my dreams than my old yearbook. Emmett and Jasper were unaware of my new dream crush. They would never let me live it down if it didn't turn out just right. I couldn't take the next few months in close confines with them if I turned out to be wrong.

The next morning we arrived in Forks about twenty minutes ahead of schedule. I called Bella when we were about an hour away and I could hear her moving her stuff around, hopefully getting ready to go. She agreed to meet us and I hung up with her.

We pulled into the diner parking lot and saw a few people standing around, all of them male. Carlisle and the Chief turned as we pulled in and made their way towards us. Emmett jumped out and ran to Carlisle like he was still a small child. Thankfully, after spending time at our house over the years Carlisle knew to stop the onslaught of Emmett's approach. Chief Swan backed away as well, apparently smart enough to know that he didn't want to be greeted in a friendly fashion by him either. Emmett seemed no worse for the wear from the denial of the fun he wanted. Jasper, being the most OCD of the three of us, took it upon himself to get all the luggage packed and organized, so he opened the back of the Sub and began to pack in the luggage that littered the ground around Carlisle and Chief Swan. It drove him crazy when things like this were not done to his specifications. I had no care in the world for the job, the only thing that mattered to me was that it was all in the Sub and we all fit; but not to Jasper, he wanted it in an exact manner. His words, not mine.

When the luggage was loaded and the Sub locked up again, we all made our way into the diner to eat lunch. None of the girls had made their appearance as of yet, and I have to say it had me intrigued. I couldn't wait to see which Bella would actually appear before me.

We settled around a large round table and placed our drink orders when a very loud vehicle chugged into the parking lot and Chief Swan stood. "There's Bella and the girls now. They forgot a few things and ran to the drug store." He made his way to them and carried their bags into the diner. He walked into the diner in front of the three girls so it was hard to tell what they looked like. At the last moment he stepped off to the side and Bella Swan stood before me. I rushed out of my chair and began to greet her.

"Bella, hey, long time no see. How are you?" I sounded rushed and stupid but I couldn't help myself, she was the Bella of my dreams and not the Bella we went to school with. I couldn't have been more thrilled. She was beautiful, with long dark hair that glinted with red highlights from the sun that shined through the large windows of the diner. Her dark brown eyes lit up with joy when I engulfed her in a hug. Not a touchy-feely-familiar hug, I didn't want Chief to get the wrong idea about us but damn I wanted to have my arms wrapped around her in some capacity. I realized that the other two girls were being introduced to Jasper and Emmett as I held Bella in my arms.

"Great Edward, really great. Thanks for letting us tag along with you guys." She placed a gentle kiss along my cheek. My thoughts were definitely back to the dreams I had last night. I turned to re-introduce her to Emmett and Jasper.

"Bella, you remember Jasper from high school, don't you? And this is Emmett. Unfortunately, they will be riding along with us." Emmett punched me in my shoulder as Jasper pulled Bella in for a hug himself. I had the urge to pull them apart and fit her under my arm protectively, but I couldn't do either with her father, my father, and the rest of the group standing around watching us. I laughed and moved to shake hands with Alice and Rosalie. We ate and listened to the speeches from our fathers and laughed at their lame jokes. Soon we were standing in the parking lot of Forks diner saying our good-byes. Bella, Alice, and Rosalie all hugged Chief Swan and listened as he whispered to each of them. They piled into the back seat of the Sub and I made my way to the driver's seat after saying good bye to Carlisle myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment