Monday, September 15, 2008

ARLTY-Chapter 8

Chapter 8~ Bella

Last night was the first night I dreamt of Edward Cullen, and I didn't like it! All that work last night to quietly take a shower and release all that tension and for what? Nothing, because I was more wound up this morning than I was last night. Fuck him! Wait, no maybe those weren't the words I wanted to use, what about forget him? I started to hum Cee Lo Green's song as I cleaned up my room and made sure all of my stuff was in my suitcase.

Alice stopped in the doorway and gave me the-you're-up-to-something-but-I-don't-know-what-yet-but-have-no-fear-I-will-figure-it out-soon look. I tried out my-I'm so innocent the Virgin Mary would be proud of me look. I don't know if I successfully pulled it off or not but she started packing again so either way it was a victory for me. Rose, on the other hand, snorted and whispered, "You know she will figure it out, you might as well tell her now and save yourself the trouble." I gasped and turned to Rose.

"What are you talking about?" I even put my hand on my hip to feign my misunderstanding.

"You're the worst actress ever! Your facial expression never changes when you are trying to act. Mark my words, she will find out." She pushed my head off to the side as she stepped around me and shoved a few more things into her suitcase. I finally really looked at their bags and mine. They had three times as much stuff as I did. I'm sure part of it was Alice packing all the stuff she wanted me to bring but didn't want to fight with me to bring it so she packed it for me in her stuff. I loved that we knew each other so well that we knew to do that sort of shit for each other; and I couldn't be happier to be on this road trip with them, even if it meant we had to bring along some boys with us. I mean, we did need someone to carry the luggage, didn't we?

After some music, lots of arguing and some yelling by Charlie we finally were loaded up and on our way to the diner. I have to say that we were actually a few minutes early as well. Ha, take that Edward Cullen!

While we were we waiting we thought it was the perfect time to run over to the drug store to get a few things we forgot so we could leave Charlie and Carlisle standing outside, watching our luggage. We were in and out of there in no time, as it was really an excuse to not sit around and wait for the guys. After our trip was over we drove back and parked across the street to watch the guys pull in.

Soon a behemoth of a SUV pulled in and three boys all tumbled out. The largest one, must have been Emmett because I didn't recognize him, ran towards Carlisle. Carlisle threw out his hands and stopped him. I giggled, I was going to like Emmett that much was for sure. Edward and Jasper also greeted Charlie and Carlisle as Jasper began to open the back of the Suburban to load up our luggage.

Alice appeared in awe and commented on how delicately Jasper handled her bags. "I told you that I was going to marry that man! Anybody that can handle my bags with as much reverence as he did has to be a good person." I just snorted at her; I mean who finds a husband based on the way he packs some damn luggage.

"Or he's gay." Rosalie drawled as she examined her nails. I wanted to chuckle but it would invite Alice's wrath so I stifled that shit and gave Alice a sorrowful look.

When all the loading was done, the boys made their way back inside the diner and I braced myself for the re-intros that were bound to happen. When everyone was inside and seated we decided that it was time to make our appearance. So we drove back into the diner parking lot and made our way inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment