Friday, March 7, 2008

Chapter 26- It's a Great Day for a White Wedding

Chapter 26- It's a Great Day for a White Wedding

Bella

I awoke the next morning to Edward's beautiful face looking at me with so much love. He was so close to me but not touching me in anyway. He was far too far away if you asked me. I leaned over the fraction of an inch and touched my lips sweetly to his. His face responded and pressed closer to me in return.

"So you are stalking me in my sleep now?" I asked a giggle barely below the surface of my words.

"Just for the past couple of months or so, it's kinda fascinating." His face took on the appropriate amounts of sheepishness and humor.

"I see. Well since I'm no longer asleep you have to stop now. I have things to do." I pressed my hand against his chest and pushed with all of my might. He laughed as he allowed me to push him away.

"Fine, I was going to offer to buy you French toast at that café you loved so much but that might be too close to stalking so never mind." He threw over his shoulder as she strutted totally naked to the shower.

"Wait, wait…did you say French toast?" I shouted as I chased after him, trying to wrap the sheet around my large body.

"Too late Ms. Swan, you should have thought of that before you were so mean to me." He shouted over the shower door as the bathroom filled up with his scent and steam. As I thought up a great response to that comment the phone rang. So I just left the bathroom to answer it.

"Hello." Still stuck on Edward's last comment and trying to come up with a response.

"Hey Bella, would you and Edward like to meet me for breakfast? I'm so bored here at the house with Carlisle working to cover Dr. Anderson while he's gone." Esme sounded excited at the prospect of getting out of the house.

"Sure, mean old Edward mentioned French toast then took it back so I would love to. It depends on how he behaves after his shower as to whether or not Edward will get to come." I guess he brought out the sass in me.

"Well, he deserves to be put in his place every so often. You come on and don't worry about him." She replied. I was so in awe of the fun loving relationship between Carlisle and Esme, it was a prime example of the things that I never saw from either of my parents. Neither really spent any real amount of time with a person after their divorce from each other, so I never got to see that this is a normal part of a healthy relationship. The last few years with Phil were the closest that my mom got to a normal relationship and I was gone for most of that.

"Sounds good to me, can we meet at Bistro on 5th Street? They have the best French toast ever." I begged like a little girl asking for one more piece of candy.

Esme's laugh filled me with such joy and sorrow at the same time. It sounded like my mom and made me realize how much I missed her. "Sure thing, let's meet in about a half an hour then?"

"Sure, half an hour then." I said trying to disguise my sorrow.

Edward came out half dressed as I hung up with Esme. "Who was that?" He asked as he dried his hair with a towel. "I expected you to come back and join me but you didn't." He pouted.

"Well seems I got a better offer, Esme and I are meeting at the Bistro on 5th street and I am getting the French toast, by myself." I smugly said, pushing him out of my way and marching to the closet. I secretly hoped that he would insist on joining me.

"Really." He said as he drew out the word. He pulled me back against his chest and began to tickle me right under my ribs that he knew I couldn't resist.

"Fine, fine, uncle. I give, you can come with us." I shouted, hoping that he would give in and stop the assault on my ribs.

"Thought so." He said smugly as he strutted away back to his closet to finish dressing.

When we entered the Bistro, Esme was joined by Alice and Rose. Edward and I sat down to join them. We placed our orders and waited for the food to come. Small talk was made by everyone but I could see in Alice's eyes how much she wanted to bring up the real subject, the only subject that she felt like we should be talking about.

As soon as I stabbed the first bite of my French toast, Alice sat back and opened her mouth. The look on her face told me that the time had come to make her really happy.

"So, Bella. How soon are you and Edward planning on getting married, because a wedding doesn't just plan itself you know? We need some time to throw together the perfect ceremony and reception." Her voice tried to show her aggravation but she wasn't fooling anyone at the table, she was in heaven with a wedding to plan.

I took the bite and shoved it into my mouth. Chewing it very slowly to prolong the agony she was in. When I swallowed the bite and washed it down with a large gulp of milk, I whipped my face and answered her. "Well, since the baby is due in 8 weeks and Edward wants to be married before then, I'm guessing that we need to get it done quickly." I stabbed another piece of French toast and began the process all over again.

Shock, fear and anxiety all registered on Alice's face. Maybe I had broken the pixie with that sudden timeline.

Edward chose that moment to speak up. "Actually, Alice, I mean I haven't talked this over but I was thinking that I would love to start out the New Year by getting married." He turned to me and I could see the love and sincerity in his eyes. I couldn't say no to him, when it seemed to be something he really wanted.

Alice spit her orange juice all over the table at Edward's words. "You mean you want to get married in six says? SIX DAYS?" Her voice rose in volume with each word.

Esme reached her hand over arm, "Let's see what they have in mind, it can be done if they aren't going to get elaborate and overdone." Esme looked back at Edward and me. "Tell us what you two had in mind." Her tone was calm and soothing.

I turned to look at Edward pleading for help with my eyes, but he just nodded towards Esme, so I took it that I was on my own. "Well, I was thinking a small ceremony in our back yard. Just a few friends and family there for that part, then later that evening we could have a reception any other people we wanted to invite. Nothing big, just family and friends, only." I leveled my glare at Alice that was meant to convey 'No more Bitch Patrol just because we wanted a gift from them'. Alice had the good sense to look the right amounts of sorry and ashamed.

"Well, if that's the case then we can do that in a week." Esme said taking the focus back to the important part, planning again. "The hardest part would be finding a dress and invitations at the last minute."

Alice began to bounce in her seat. "I have a dress at my apartment in New York that would be great. I could get someone to go by and overnight it to me. I would have to adjust the waistline for Bella but I think she would look great. I can show you the design and pictures when we get back to my laptop."

Rosalie finally added her voice to our conversation. "I know a guy that owes me a favor for fixing his Camero for him. He owns a print shop. If we went by there today and picked out a fairly simple design he could probably get it done and back to us tomorrow. I'll call him now and see." I started to get excited about the possibility of pulling this off.

While Alice was on her phone calling to have the dress sent to us, Rose was talking to the printer for us, Esme turned back to me. "What type of reception were you thinking of Bella?"

"Something real casual, if we put up a tent in the back yard we could heat it and not be freezing. Then we could have a buffet laid out along one wall, dancing in the middle and the DJ, and cake along the other wall." I turned to look at Edward, he was nodding at me, in agreement with what I had said.

"Great idea, if we do it outside then we won't have to do much decorating. It will make things so much easier for us and at midnight we could see the fireworks without leaving the yard. I love it. Is it okay if I handle the decorations and food for the reception, with full veto rights of course?"

"Sure, I would love that. Because I know no matter how small we keep this thing we are going to be so busy the next week." I said. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea to have it this close after all."

All three girls turned to me aghast. "Bella don't you ever say anything like that again, we will make this happen and you will get married, don't you worry."

After breakfast we all broke off and went in different directions. Esme went to secure the tent and meet with a caterer that she knew. Alice went off to secure the dress and such.

Rosalie came with Edward and me to meet with the printer. Shortly after sitting down to the massive books filled with invitations I found a design that I loved. It had an ivory cover with a moss green ribbon tying it closed, with a small ivory square on the front that had our names and the date. Inside was a simple font detailing the information for the reception. I fell in love with the invitation and the soft moss green color as well. I added an insert that invited the family and friends that we wanted to attend the ceremony. We ordered the invitations with a promise that they would be back tomorrow.

The three of us left and went to try to get Edward's tux for the ceremony. As we drove to the rental place I called Esme. I relayed the moss green color that I decided on and told her about the invitations. She was so excited about the progress we had made. She informed me that she would get matching linens, but we needed to choose some flowers. As we spoke Rosalie called and made an appointment for us with a florist for tomorrow. It seemed we were making good progress.

The next morning was even busier for Edward and me. We stopped by the florist and decided on some flowers for the gazebo where we would get married and then matching table arrangements for the tent where we would have the reception. Esme helped us choose and I was so happy with all the arrangements. The same flowers would be used in my bouquet, the boutonnieres, the Gazebo and in the tent. We used white roses with mini pale green hydrangeas mixed in. The flowers were simple, elegant and easy to get on short notice. The bouquets and table arrangements would be wrapped with a pale green ribbon to match everything else.

Once we were done with the florist, we headed off to pick out a cake at the bakery. We chose a simple three tiered square cake with white frosting. White piping would be added all over it in a swirl design with a green ribbon wrapped at the base of each layer. We chose our initials as the topper along with some flowers to match the rest of the reception. The cake was the one element that we weren't sure we could have done within a week's time. So we all breathed a large sigh of relief when we found out that the cake would be done and without too much added for the rush job.

Edward said goodbye once we were done at the bakery and left me in the hands of Rose, Alice and Esme to go and pick out Bridesmaids dresses. Alice, of course, fussed that she could have made the dresses for a fraction of what we would pay to buy them. Adding that she would make them look so much more fabulous than anyone else ever could on top of her other comments. I knew that she was truly aggravated that the short timing was keeping her from doing so many things that she wanted. I was glad for this; I only wanted the bare essentials for my wedding. To me the only things that were important were the groom, a cake and the rings, all the rest were just extras in my opinion.

After about two hours and several trips to the bathroom for me, I heard Rosalie squeal. Now, if it had been Alice I would not have paid attention but Rosalie was not easily excited like Alice. So this made my heart skip a beat and pray that we had finally found the perfect dress for them.

As soon as Rosalie stepped out of the dressing room all eyes went to her and her alone. Nothing else seemed to matter within the shop. It was the perfect shade of green and would look beautiful on both Rosalie and Alice, even though both girls had different body types. It was a strapless, A-line dress with a sweetheart neckline. A simple ribbon served as the belt and the bottom was gathered in several places to make it fuller. I loved it and by the look on everyone else's face they did as well.

When we got back to Carlisle and Esme's Alice pulled out her ever present checklist and began to mark things off: bridesmaid's dresses-check, tux's-check, flowers-check, cake-check, invitations-check, tent and tables for reception-check, now all that was left was my dress.

Alice went up to her room and got the dress all ready for me to try it on. I really didn't know what the big deal was, there was no way the dress would fit me at this stage in my pregnancy anyway. She was wasting her time and money on shipping it here. I called Edward to stall the humiliation for a little while longer. "Hey, baby, what's up?" He asked in his usual sexy voice.

"Got the bridesmaid's dresses, and they had the sizes we needed so we are all set there. What about you?" I knew that Edward was planning a special night for our wedding night since we were not going away for a honeymoon.

"Fishing, are you?"

"Well can you blame me? You aren't telling me anything at all Edward." I was desperate to know what he had in mind for us but he was too tight lipped about it for me to find out anything at all.

"Patience, my sweet, patience. Did you get to try on your dress yet? Does it work?" That was his polite way to say 'does it fit you, you whale?'. Edward was the one person that I had confided in that I was afraid to even try it; I would be hurt if it didn't fit.

"Going up to do that in a few minutes, just wanted to check in with you first." I replied trying to sound casual and normal about it.

"Bella, we talked about this. If it doesn't fit then you and the girls can drive into Seattle and buy something, I don't care how much it cost. Stop worrying about it. We'll get married in jeans if we have to, I just want to marry you, I don't care how we do it!" The sincerity in his voice overwhelmed me.

"I know." I whispered.

"Go and try it on baby. Worry about it not fitting when it doesn't fit. Okay?" His tone was soft and encouraging.

"I will." He was right, I should at least try it on before I worried about what to do when it didn't fit. "I love you." He needed to know that most of the time he was the only thing holding me together; I loved him for the love and devotion that he showed to me. I loved him for the patience he had when I wanted to immediately assume the worst and defeat myself before anyone else ever can.

"I love you too, now go and try it on. Call me back when you have it on, okay?"

"Edward, I can't do that at all, Alice will kill me." I gasped.

"Oh yes you can, tradition says I can't see it before the ceremony not that I can't talk to you while you're wearing it before the ceremony. I want to hear it in your voice when you see yourself in it, okay? That's all." I couldn't love him anymore if I tried. Every day he amazed me at the sweet, kind, loving things he said or did for me.

"Okay."

I marched up the stairs with a lighter heart and actually ready to try on the dress. Alice helped me strip down and step into the dress. I had to admit that I was praying with all of my might that this thing would fit me because it was amazingly beautiful. I closed my eyes as Alice pulled the dress into place and began to zip it up. After a few seconds and no more sound I opened my eyes. Alice stood back with tears in her eyes just staring at me. I got lost in the emotion flowing around her and down her face when I realized that I was standing there in my wedding dress and it was zipped all of the way up. Slowly, I turned my eyes towards the mirror to check out my reflection. The sight before me caused a gasp to escape before I could stop it. Esme and Rosalie must have been hovering at the door because they both rushed in to assess the meaning of my gasp.

"Oh my Bella, you're so beautiful." Esme cooed as tears came to her eyes as well. Rosalie's face told the exact same sentence without words. I turned back to Alice and then to the mirror when I noticed that I wore a smile that matched the other three in the room.

"I can't believe it fits me."

"Would I lie to you?" Alice asked as she threw a hand up on her hip.

"No, but it's hard to judge the size of a whale who is getting bigger by the day, Alice." I countered.

"You, Bella Swan, are not a whale, you are pregnant with my niece so lay off of it!"

Alice found a few places to actually take the dress in and while she pinned and marked the dress I called Edward.

"Hey baby, how is it?" He asked.

"Perfect, oh Edward you were so right about it. It's perfect, I think you're going to love it." I gushed.

"I'm so glad, Bella. Do you like it really?"

"I couldn't have designed better for myself, I swear. It's beautiful." Alice cleared her throat and shot me the eye that clearly was meant to relay that I had better not relay a word of description to him or else she would be responsible for my punishment herself.

"Oh no, I think I have to go. Alice is giving me the bitch brow." He chuckled. "Thanks for knowing what to say to me, I love you." I added.

"Anything, at anytime for you."

I glanced back at the dress one more time before Alice helped me carefully get out of it now that it had several pins in the sides. It was a beautiful shade of ivory with an empire waist and sheer ivory cap sleeves. It flowed generously and allowed plenty of room for my stomach in the front. Alice had some work to do on the back. We discussed adding a panel of moss green fabric right down the center of the gown. The ivory would fold over and create an overlay that the green would peek out of. This would also allow her to take it in and adjust it to fit me exactly. The ivory would also match the vest of Edward's tux. I couldn't be happier. I had purchased my shoes and veil at the bridal shop when we found the bridesmaid's dresses so I only had one more item to secure then we could get married.

The next day, Edward and I went to apply for our marriage license. Then we stopped by the jewelry store to buy rings. I chose a simple white gold band. Edward chose a band that was wider. It was etched with two small grooves around the smooth white gold surface. I can't describe how good it looked on his finger. Too good for words, that is for sure. The saleslady obviously thought it looked good as well the way she kept staring at it on him.

Other than small details for the wedding, we were done! I could relax now and enjoy the rest of the week. Four days of doing nothing, or so I thought.

How many small details were there really? We would have like maybe fifty people there, how much can fifty people eat, drink and dance to? We had to choose a DJ, napkins, food, drinks, favors, order of service, seating arrangements, linens, glassware, silverware, a photographer, lighting, and the list goes on and on. Who knew?

Esme, bless her, had hired the catering company to come over and cook breakfast and lunch for us while we got ready for the wedding. She also hired a maid to clean and make everything perfect so I wouldn't have to do that either. Have I mentioned that I love Esme?

Everyone agreed that in my current state of knocked-up-ness it would be better to have a Bachelorette party at my house instead of going out. We dined on pasta and drank virgin drinks while we watched every single chick flick about getting married there was. Alice hired a nail technician to come over and do mani-pedi's for all the girls. I was in heaven, carbs, movies and someone massaging my feet, what more could a girl ask for?

I finally fell into bed on Friday night at after midnight, which was hella late for a pregnant girl like me. Especially after all of the activity Edward and I had been through during the week. Edward agreed to the tradition of sleeping somewhere other than with me the night before we got married. I didn't want to but for some reason he did, so I went with it. Not a good idea when at THREE AM I was still awake. I have decided that in the months that we were back together that I had become used to sleeping next to Edward. His warm skin pressed against mine, his sweet breath rushing across my neck as he breathed me in while he slept. I needed Edward to sleep, so I did the next best thing. I called his cell phone.

"Hello." He sounded just as awake as I was.

"Please tell me you are still awake too?" I begged.

The sound that rumbled through the phone sounded like a cross between a groan and a whimper. "Yes, I am and I am so sorry that I ever agreed to stay away from you for the night. I have not slept AT ALL, not a wink." He moaned.

"How do you think I feel? I'm exhausted and pregnant! Please Edward, get in your car and come and see me, please. Just stay long enough for me to fall asleep and then you can leave. Alice will never know." I was not above begging him on my knees. "Besides she probably went home and sexed up Jasper, which means she is sound asleep right now." I hoped that the logic I used worked on him.

"You know what?" He continued before I could even answer him. "It's my house, and my bed and I will sleep in it if I want to. Move over, baby, I'm coming home." I could hear him getting dressed as he spoke. I bounced up and down on the bed and clapped my hands. I wanted him home with me more than anything in the world right now.

Soon enough I heard his car pull into the driveway. I moved over and made room for him. He must have undressed on his way up because by the time he reached the bedroom door he was only in his boxers. He dropped his clothes on the floor just inside the door, I heard his keys and cell bang against the hardwoods as he left them.

"I'm so glad you're here." I said as I took him in my arms and snuggled him against me.

"Me too, couldn't have the bride looking tired and run down just because of a silly little tradition, now could we?" I liked the teasing tone in his voice, maybe this would be a later night than we planned. Just then I yawned and he laughed at me. "Okay, princess, let's get you to sleep."

"Wait, did anyone hear you when you left to come over here?" I asked, wanting to know how much trouble we would be in come tomorrow morning.

"Yeah, Carlisle did. But I told him that you couldn't get to sleep and he agreed with me. He said you needed your sleep and it was more important than a silly tradition too." His smile mesmerized me as he spoke. I really was the luckiest girl in the world.

In the pale moonlight, he really did look otherworldly. His skin glowed and his eyes sparkled. Our eyes locked and the intense gaze made me shudder with delight, I could tell what he had on his mind. I knew without a doubt he loved me with his whole heart, the funny thing was I knew that I felt the same for him. No more doubts, no questions. I just knew. The words flew out of my mouth before I could stop them. "I love you." His face searched mine for a few seconds, when his smile graced my sight. He really was a beautiful man when he smiled. This wasn't a cocky half smirk like he could use to melt my panties; this was the full on smile of complete and utter peace and happiness.

"I love you too, beautiful. I can't wait to make you my wife." He gently kissed my lips but pursued no further action. We simply lay together staring into each other's eyes. In those moments the understanding passed between us and we both knew. We had done the right thing, taken the long path to get there but still did the right thing. "Sleep now, baby, tomorrow's a big day for us." He patted my stomach then began to gently rub it. I felt Makenna kick a few times as I finally drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up Edward was gone and Alice lay by my side. I don't know if that meant we were in trouble or not but I just couldn't care anyway, it was worth any trouble I would be in today for it.

I stood and made my way to the bathroom to help out my poor pregnant bladder. That thing must be the size of a walnut now because it held nothing for very long. When I came out Alice was sitting up in bed rubbing her eyes. "Hey you, how did you end up in my bed?" I asked.

"Edward came and got me, asked me to stay with you so you would stay asleep." Shock registered on my face that he would wake her up and risk her wrath just to allow me a little more sleep. "I was sleeping down the hall, did you think I didn't hear him 'sneak' in last night?" She used her long fingers to make air quotes as she spoke. I guess it was pretty stupid to not think that she would know anyway, somehow or another she always knew. "I think it's sweet that he came to sleep with you, so don't give me that look."

The morning passed quickly as Alice herded me from breakfast then off to get my hair washed, dried and put up in rollers. Someone rolled a large table into the music room, opening it up and preparing the table. Esme came in, still dressed in her robe. She had been in the kitchen directing the catering staff and the cleaning lady for the day. It was so nice to be able to sit back and just enjoy the day without worrying about all of the small details. "Carlisle and I thought you could use a good massage today, so this is our gift to you and Edward. He's getting one too over at our house. So, relax and enjoy it!"

After she left the room I climbed up on the table that had a place in the center to accommodate my stomach and relished the idea of being face down for awhile. I was a stomach sleeper so I missed this particular position after my stomach started to get in the way. The masseuse got to work quickly and after the long night, the extra baby weight and the wonderful massage, I promptly fell back to sleep.

Alice woke me up and helped me get off the table and back into my robe. After offering my thanks to the masseuse, I was ushered off to eat a light lunch. Alice, Rose and Esme joined me at the table. Over bites of pasta salad and fruit, I began to realize that the only thing that would make this day perfect would be to have my mom sitting at the table with us. Tears flooded my eyes and I dropped my fork. With that one action all eyes at the table were on me. Each face held a different expression from shock to worry to empathy. I tried to smile but it really didn't feel right on my face, so I let my face fall back to an expression that did seem to fit my mood. "I need to talk to Edward, please." I whispered; it seemed wrong to raise my voice higher than that.

Alice rushed out of the room and back within a few seconds. She held out her phone to me and I took it from her hoping that she had reached Edward that quickly. "Hello." I rasped.

"Bella, tell me what's wrong baby." His sweet voice was so full of concern.

"I'm so sorry, I just miss my mom so much today and it just hit me all at once. I couldn't help it, I felt so good after the massage, then I came in to eat and everyone was here but her. I miss her Edward. I miss her." I had begun to cry at this point. Esme wrapped her arms around my shoulders and held me as Edward's words soothed me.

"I know, Bella, at times it just creeps up out of the blue. No warning. I'm sorry I'm not there with you. But you need to focus on the good things today, you mom knew about Makenna, she was happy for you. She would be happy that we are getting married and providing a home for our baby. She would, you know that. Keep that in mind. Remember that time we saw the video of Phil at the baseball camp for kids and how much he looked like he was enjoying being around the kids? You know that he and your mom both would be so happy to have a sweet granddaughter to enjoy. She would be happy for you Bella, they both would. You have to focus on that part and let the pain go. Focus on what makes you happy; think of our start together, our baby. How happy we will be together, all of us." He talked and talked to me until I was breathing normal again and no longer upset. He reminded me of so many good memories that I shared with my mom and Phil. By the end I knew he was once again right, I had to focus on what I was happy about, because those things would make my mom happy as well.

"Thank you. Is there ever going to be a day that I don't have to rush to you and have you save me from something?" I joked with him but his answer took my breath away.

"Never, I want to be the only one you ever run to, every day of eternity." That is why I was marrying this man, not because I was having his baby and we were supposed to. Don't get me wrong I did want him to be a father to his child but more than that I had to have him in my life. He was my air, and I needed him. Weak or not, I didn't care. I needed him. "Why don't you sit for a minute and allow Alice to give you your gift from me and Charlie?" I nodded at him then realized that he couldn't see me through the phone.

"Okay." I handed the phone to Alice as Esme and Rose began to rub my back. I felt surrounded by love. When Alice returned I took the gift box in her hand and sat it in my lap. She pressed the button that activated the speaker phone.

"She's here Edward." Alice called out.

"Bella, Alice has two gifts for you, one from me and one from Charlie. Open Charlie's first, it's gonna cause a few more tears. I guarantee it." Alice handed me another box and I pulled the paper away to expose a small gold box. I opened it and saw the most beautiful pearl and diamond hair combs.

I gasped along with everyone else in the room. I heard a throat clear on the phone. "Bells?" Charlie's full voice sounded so broken and soft through the speaker.

"Yeah, dad, I'm here."

"Those hair comb were my mom's, she wore them on her wedding day and your mom wore them on ours. She gave them to me when she left; she wanted you to wear them as well. So, I know that she isn't with you but in a small way you can feel her there with you as you walk down the aisle." I nodded again at him; words were too difficult at this moment. The milky pearls were arranged in a flower shape while the diamonds made up small squares that seemed to bond them together. They were beautiful. I just ran my fingers over the smooth pearls and across the texture of the diamonds, taking it all in. "She was so proud of you, of everything you made of yourself, and I know that nothing would change her opinion of you, never doubt that. Not one thing." Charlie cleared his throat again and continued, "We are both proud of you and what you have made for yourself. I love you, Isabella Marie."

"Oh, daddy." I wished he was here with me now, but somehow I knew that the anonymity of the speakerphone allowed him to speak his mind and emotions better. "I love you too, I always will."

"I know, now here's Edward again." I heard the shuffle of passing the phone and bonding moment between Edward and my dad, and then Edward's voice came on again.

"Okay, you ready for my gift?" Edward asked.

"Is this one going to make me cry a well?" I asked through my tears.

Edward's laughed was music to my ears as he tried to form an answer. "I…I don't know, do you want to wait?"

"No, I want to do it while you're here with me."

"Okay then open it." He answered back.

Once again I gasped when I pulled the diamond bracelet from the box. It mirrored the square shapes that bonded the flower pearls together on the combs.

"It is new but it reminds me of a bracelet that my mom used to wear when she would get dressed up to go out with my father. I knew I wanted you to have it immediately when I saw it, and then to find out it matched the combs made it an even better choice for you. I hope you like it." His voice turned soft and emotional as well.

"I love it." I leaned towards the phone and whispered, it seemed to make it that much more heartfelt and personal. Even with several pairs of eyes and ears invading our space, it was just Edward and I.

"Good, now go and get dressed so I can meet you at the alter, I can't wait!" The laughter had returned to his voice. "I love you. See you soon."

"I love you too, more than words."

Alice took the phone and closed it. "Alright ladies, let's get beautiful, our men await us!"

And the activity began again.

No comments:

Post a Comment