Friday, March 7, 2008

Chapter 18-Moving out and Moving in

Chapter 18-Moving out and Moving in

Bella

We were finished with lunch and Charlie had left for work. We had been able to talk more while we all ate in the kitchen. Edward and I explained all of our decision that we made last night together. Surprisingly, Charlie was in agreement with all of them. He was ecstatic that we were staying for a few months after the baby was born. Well, he was on the inside, on the outside he only nodded and murmured "Good decision", so I was happy to have agreed to stay. I also let him know that I was going to move into the Cullen's house. Edward explained that we were both eager for him to understand that this was a decision that we have talked out and not a spur of the moment thing.

"Chief, I'll be honest I want this for several reasons. First Bella is prone to accidents. And my dad says that women become even more accident prone during pregnancy with the extra weight and change in their center of gravity. So part of this is a safety thing, I don't want Bella alone while you're at work.
The other thing is that we have more space for the three of us at my house. I have a larger room so we can combine our stuff and a spare room right down the hall to use as the baby's room while we're here. And I won't lie this is also a very selfish decision; I don't want to be away from her for even one second of the day. I guess I'm still afraid that if I let her out of my sight she'll be gone again." Edward looked over at me with pain clearly etched in his eyes. I felt terrible for being the root of that fear.

"Edward, I won't leave you again, I told you that." I rushed to try to explain again. He just held his hand up to stop me.

"Bella, my head knows that, but it'll take some time for it to sink into my heart. I knew that would hurt you, but I need for your Dad to hear it. Sorry." He murmured again, and I grabbed his hand to hold it and show him I was here and I understood.

Charlie took a minute before he started talking. "Well, I see that you both have thought this through. I guess I see the validity to each of your points, so okay. Are you taking your stuff with you now?"

"I wanted to, but if you want me to wait I can." I bit my lip, nervously, hoping that he would say I could go now. I was sure that after spending the night with Edward that I would not want to sleep alone in my little bed ever again.

"No, don't be silly Bella. Edward can help you gather up your stuff and take it back with you now. He's right I'll be gone a lot so it makes sense for you to be there, besides with Alice and Rosalie home for the holidays you'll be able to see them more. Do your girl thing and shop." He stood and patted his stomach. "Bella that was great lunch, I hate to eat and run but duty calls. Don't forget that I'm here, make sure you come and see me okay?"

"Of course I'll come by here; I couldn't stand for this house to get back into the shape it was in when I came home. Besides, I'll need to cook for you; you'll go broke if you try to eat at the diner every night." He smiled sheepishly, so I pressed on teasing him. "But, I do think that cute little waitress will like it better if you had to come by every night though." I winked at him.

"Thanks Bells, see you both later." He walked out the door.

I turned and started to clean up the kitchen. Edward helped me wash the dishes and then we went up stairs to gather all my clothes and stuff I would need.

Either I lived simply or pathetically, I wasn't sure which it was, but it only took about 20 minutes to gather all of my important stuff to take back to the Edward's house. As Edward carried my stuff down to the car, I locked the door. I mentally planned to be back tomorrow to grocery shop and cook several meals for Charlie. I also knew that he needed laundry done, so I could do that while I was here. I made a list of items I would need from the grocery store on the way home and tucked it into the glove box for tomorrow. I wanted Charlie to know that he had not been replaced in my life. I needed his guidance as much as ever.

When we got back to the house Edward carried my stuff upstairs and I followed. I could hear some movement going on downstairs but I wasn't ready to face all of them with our news yet. I headed up to our room to take a nap that I desperately seemed to need. When we got to the third floor Alice, Esme and Rosalie were up there planning away. Esme and Alice both had a pad in their hands while Rosalie waved wildly as she talked. Edward quickly took charge and asked them to leave so I could take a nap. I loved forceful Edward and thought about ravaging him here and now in the bedroom but decided that was a task to leave for after my nap. We talked softly for a few minutes until Edward forced them out of the room, shut the door, shut off the light and lay down beside me. I was out like a light, no worries about me being too worked up to sleep.

I heard a noise that scared the shit out of me, it was a loud slam. For a moment my brain prepared for hard slam, it immediately went to a plane crash in my half sleeping state. I clutched my hand over my heart and tried to slow the beating as I blinked awake. Edward was chasing Emmett and Jasper away from the top of the stairs. They had obviously crashed against the door and woke me up. Each of them stopped to apologize before they took off down the stairs again.

Edward came over to lay with me; he wrapped me in his arms. For a brief moment I tried to decide why in the world he wasn't with me when I was woken up but decided that it was too much to worry about now and I was soon asleep again.

When I woke up he was gone, and he had been for a while, his side of the bed was cold. I did notice that my stuff was already in the room taking its rightful place, intermingled together with his. I stretched and stood up. I really felt sluggish with the extra weight, but much more alert after the great nap.

I headed downstairs and found everyone in the family room watching a movie. Alice and Jasper were cuddled together on the love seat on the left side of the room, and Emmett and Rose were sitting together on the other love seat directly opposite of them. Esme and Edward sat on the sofa facing the TV. Carlisle must have been at the hospital because he was missing from the room. Edward stood up as I came into the room. I walked towards him to sit with him on the couch. We sat down together, he sat facing the TV and I sat sideways beside him with my legs draped over his.

"You feel better after your nap?" He asked quietly.

"Much better, I'm so tired all of the time. I'm sorry; I know it must suck for you with me sleeping all of the time." I yawned in the middle of that statement, as if I hadn't slept enough. He slid his hand up to cup my neck and pulled me close so he could kiss my forehead. I placed my hand over his and held him close to me.

"Esme, how long is Carlisle's shift today at the hospital; I want to take Bella to see him today." Edward asked.

I turned to him and frowned.

"He has a short one today; he'll be home at seven tonight." Esme responded.

"Edward, why do you want to go to see Carlisle at the hospital?" I asked, nervous about his answer. He hadn't mentioned any such plans for today.

"Well, I want to talk to him about an OB/GYN doctor for you. You haven't been seen by a doctor except for the accident since you've been back in Forks, so I think if we are having the baby here we need a doctor here. Don't you?"

"Good point, maybe he can convince Dr. Jones to see me again. I liked her." I suggested.

"I'll call him and see what time is good for us to come by, and maybe he can call Dr. Jones and work out something for us with her." He stood and left the room.

Esme decided to ride with us to the hospital and then so we could eat dinner together in Port Angeles. Carlisle was waiting for us at the nursing station just like he promised. We all walked to his office, so we could wait for Dr. Jones to meet with us. Esme and I were engrossed in baby details when we heard a soft knock at the door. Carlisle called out for Dr. Jones to come in as we all stood to greet her.

"Dr. Jones you know my wife, Esme. This is my son Edward, he is at Harvard Medical, he and Bella have both decided to take a semester off to have the baby and get settled. In the mean time he has to decide what to do about school, stay at Harvard or transfer closer to Bella at Dartmouth. And finally you remember Bella, the reason I called you. She has decided to have the baby here, which we are happy about, but her OB is in New Hampshire, so she will need someone here to take care of her. She felt comfortable with you after her last visit to the ER and wanted to know if you would be able to continue her care here?"

"Bella, I'm so glad everything has worked out for you. I knew you would make the right decision, why don't you come by tomorrow at ten and I'll see you. My office is closed now, so I'll tell them when I get in tomorrow. I'll have them call and get your records from your OB and that way I can see all of the details at once. Don't look concerned it's a matter of formality; I just want the whole picture laid out in front of me. I also want to do another ultrasound. Besides, I'm sure that daddy here will want to see one for himself, right?"

"I would love that." Edward replied.

"Okay, we're all set. I'll see you both tomorrow. I'm glad you decided to stay here, I know that will make all the grandparents happy." She hugged me and shook Edward's hand.

She nodded to Carlisle, shook Esme's hand, "Esme good to see you again," she murmured and stepped out of Carlisle's office.

My stomach growled and we all laughed.

"I guess that means we're ready for dinner?" Carlisle asked, and I nodded vigorously. I was afraid to see how much weight I had gained in the few weeks since my appointment, because I felt like I ate all of the time.

Edward explained that we would drive separately because he had a detour he wanted to take on the way to dinner. Esme just winked and said okay, I heard her explain to Carlisle that she would tell him in the car when he questioned why.

Edward drove off and I sat in silence waiting for my answer. I knew that trying to beg for it before he was ready to spill it would not get me anywhere.

Soon he pulled into the drive way of Mrs. Cope's house. My eyes filled with tears at the thought of a house with so much potential just sitting empty without a family to love it at all.

I turned to Edward, "Why are we here, do you like seeing the pregnant girl cry?" I asked.

He just shook his head no. I was still in shock when he came around and opened the door for me to get out.

"Edward, really what the hell are we doing here…" He placed his finger over my lips to halt the speech.

"Just trust me, okay?" I nodded and he removed his finger. He turned back and opened the front door with a key.

"How did you get a key?" I stuttered.

"I called Mrs. Cope after Esme and I looked at it yesterday. I told her what was going on with us and asked if we could buy the house. If you like it that is." His cheesy grin said that he knew without a doubt that I would like it. "She said we could move in right away and rent it from her, she was thrilled." Edward finished.

"Really? Edward…really…you mean this?" He nodded again at me. I turned and ran into the house, I ran through each room and reacquainted myself with each and every room in that house. It was still as perfect as I thought it was. I couldn't believe that Edward had rented us a house here in Forks. Our house.

The rest of the night was a blur, the only thing I could remember was the look of pure joy as Edward and I walked back through the house after our dinner with Carlisle and Esme. Carlisle decided that he wanted to see it as well so the first two times we walked through he accompanied us, then he left with Esme to leave us alone to talk about things.

"Edward are you sure we can do this?" I asked when we settled down on the living room floor to talk.

"Bella, I have explained several times. I have enough in my trust fund to rent this and not even notice it gone. My Dad was really good with investments. I promise it will be fine." He chuckled at me. Because he had in fact told me this several times tonight. I turned my head to look up into his eyes.

"Not, this…us." I waved my hand between us.

His sigh indicated that he understood what I meant. "Bella, I think that will be fine also. We always have been. One slight bump in the road will not make me believe that we should go our separate ways at all. Am I happy that you made a decision that involved me without talking to me first? Hell no, but does that change the way I love you? Hell no. I just need to know that you love me and will never make a decision like that without my help again."

I searched his eyes and saw that what he said was the truth. My heart swelled, how in the world could I have gotten so lucky, not once but twice?

"I swear, Edward, that I will never do that to us again. I learned my lesson the first time. I promise from now on we will talk about everything together." He kissed my lips sweetly.

"Then yes, we will be fine." We sat quiet for a few minutes.

"Can you tell me about when I left you?" I knew I was stupid for asking but I had to know if he ever quit loving me.

He just shook his head.

"Please, I need to know. I need to know if you ever changed your mind about me, I have to know that you never hated me." I began.

"Bella, never. I never hated you, part of me wanted to but I couldn't. I loved you then and I have loved you every minute in between now and then. Nothing other than the amount of miles that separated us changed. You just don't understand do you? I can't ever not love you, even if I tried. You are my other half. I never changed my mind. I never hated you, I swear." I kissed his face as the words washed over me; he never changed his mind about me. Through all the shit we always still loved each other.

Edward walked me up the stairs and followed me into our bedroom, and closed the door.

"Do you want help in the shower?" He purred, his voice pure silk that melted any willpower that I had.

"Well, that depends, are you qualified to help me?"

"Well, I did make an 'A' in anatomy, so I'm familiar with the human body, especially yours. I'm sure that is enough to qualify me for this exam."

Oooh, he was going to play along, I felt a shiver run down my back, this was going to be good.

"Well, I don't know my boyfriend is fairly protective, and I'm not sure that he'll be okay with this exam. What should I say to him?"

"Well, it seems to me that he can't be too protective, he isn't even here when you need help. I wouldn't worry about him, I'm fairly sure what he doesn't know won't hurt him." The last part was whispered against my neck as he placed small kisses there.

"Okay." Was all I could manage to respond, lost in the sensation Edward was causing against my neck. I held on to him and prayed that he wasn't in a teasing mood tonight, I wasn't sure I could take any more teasing. I just needed him.

He began walking backwards towards the bathroom, pulling me with him. He released my hand and turned towards the shower to turn it on. After he adjusted the temperature, and turned back to me. I stepped back into his arms and he kissed me. Desire flooded my body and set me on fire. I was sure that this was something I was never going to get used to, but I was just as sure that it would be something I craved for the rest of my life. My little addiction, I knew that Edward wouldn't mind this addiction.

He pulled my shirt over my head and removed my bra. His hands trailed down my body and halted at the buttons that held my pants up. He quickly opened the two buttons and pushed my pants down my legs. He followed those with my underwear, the whole time his eyes never left my body. I could feel his eyes roaming my body, causing the same electric sensations that his hands did when they touched me. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back enjoying the sensations that were over taking me. I stepped closer hoping that he would touch me again. He only stepped back and removed his clothes, he opened the door to the shower and guided me under the warm water. Edward stepped in with me and closed the door. I felt his hand touch my back, following the water down my spine. He pulled me against his chest and kissed my shoulders, trailing his hands around to my breasts. I leaned forward and braced my hands on the cool tile walls, which caused my back to arch and press further into him. He ran his splayed hands down my back and grabbed my hips.

"Bella, you are so beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen you more beautiful than you are now."

He bent his knees slightly and I felt his hard cock pressing against my thigh. I spread my legs to allow him room, and with one push he slid right in. I gasped at the sensation, I felt alive, I felt like I could breathe for the first time in a long time, and I felt loved. I had to touch him, somehow, in any way. I pushed off of the wall with my hands and straightened up my body. I gasped again, this new position cause my body to tighten around Edward's cock. He wrapped his arms around my chest and held me against him as he moved in and out of me. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the ever growing circle of desire that was settled in my stomach. I reached back over my head with my hands and placed them on Edward's neck, using them to pull him closer to me. I couldn't get him close enough; I wanted to find a place where he and I could just simply exist in the same space. No space between us, no air between us, nothing… just him and I.

He moved his hands up to cup each of my breast, and pressed his forearms down each side of my body. I could feel his arms from beginning to end holding my body, it was like he knew how bad I needed him close to me and was fulfilling my wish.

The slow, torturous rhythm that Edward was using was causing chaos in my body. Physically my body demanded more, faster, harder, deeper. But my heart and soul was begging him to keep his exact pace, no changes. I needed the slow rhythm to feel his body and emotions pouring into me so I could understand his side of our story. I was in heaven, and I never wanted to leave. I closed my eyes and concentrated on us, tears pouring from my eyes, the emotions too large to be contained within me.

Edward was whispering to me, holding me, kissing me, and taking me higher than I have ever been with him. I saw the possibilities of what our life could really be and I knew we would never be apart again. Neither of us were strong enough to handle another separation, our life was laid out before us and right here we were pledging to be together for every step of it.

"Bella, it's you and me, baby. This is us, we have everything we need right now." I nodded at him in agreement with his words. The tears poured down my face and I didn't want him to hear them in my voice. I didn't want him to misunderstand the meaning; they were tears of joy, extreme joy. "I love you Bella, you and you alone. You are my life."

His quite whispers pushed me into the eye of the storm; I felt my body tighten with the familiar sensations of my orgasm.

"Yes, Edward, us this is us. I love you."

He placed a small kiss right below my ear and with that small gesture I plunged right over the edge, my body burst into flames and I simply let go. I could only hang on to Edward and allow my body to react in any way it saw fit; I was no longer in control.

Edward moved his hands and wrapped his arms around my body again, holding me against him. Providing the support that I couldn't, he was still whispering to me in between his kisses to my neck.

As I was gently floating back down to earth I felt his rhythm increase and his whispers became incoherent, I recognized his signs. I decided it was my turn to help, support, push, whatever it is he needed.

I dropped my hands down to grab his thighs and squeeze them. I threw my head back to rest on his shoulder, I wasn't exactly at his ear, but I knew he would hear me when I began talking to him.

"Edward, this is perfect, we are perfect. You make me so happy, you make me feel sexy. With you I can do anything. You do that to me." His grunts increased as did his grip on my hips. I continued, "You're the only man I have ever had, the only man I ever have loved. You cause all of the reactions in my body."

"Yes Bella, me, just me."

"You baby, it has always been you. I love you. Come for me Edward; show me you feel it as well. Show me, what I do to you. Show me our love."

"Bella." He whispered and I felt his body tense with the building sensations. The words I had repeated to him echoed in my head and I felt my own body respond to them.

"This, Edward, is what you do to me, do feel it? Come with me Edward, together."

"Together." He whispered and we both gave in to the release we craved, him for the first time, me for the second. Our bodies responded to our release in different ways, mine went soft and limp. Edward's was tense and tight, supporting me.

I felt Edward's body relax and he stepped back to sit on the bench in the corner, dragging me down with him. I placed my weight on my feet, and I turned to face him. This allowed me to sit back down facing him as he cradled me against his chest. I tucked my head against his neck as he kissed the top of my head.

We stayed in this position until the water turned cold, and I began shivering. Edward stood us both up and turned the water off. He opened the shower door and grabbed a towel. He dried my body off and wrapped it around me. He then grabbed one for himself and repeated the action. He led us back into the spare room and we dressed for bed quietly. We climbed under the covers and I was asleep as soon as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close, whispering his words of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment