Wednesday, September 16, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 20

Chapter 20-Bella

I had no way to tell Edward how his sweet words affected me. How he touched my heart. I told him that I would stay with him while we were in Malibu. I really had no choice in the matter, Rose and Alice had already decided that they wanted to stay with the guys, and it really did make sense for all of us to split the costs. That way we all walked away at the end of the summer with a bigger cut to use at school when it was time to go back to Dartmouth.

That thought hurt my heart. I wasn't sure I was making the right decision because he went to school in Seattle and I was at Dartmouth. Not exactly a short trip to see each other and to be honest, I didn't know if he planned to extend this romance past this summer. Lord, knows I wanted it to be longer but I guess I would take what I could get at this point because I was done for. Edward had my heart hook line and sinker. I belonged to him.

His sweet face inched towards mine as he knelt on the floor in front of me. He stopped just before he touched my lips, I wanted to push forward and meet his but I held back. This was his show.

"Come to bed with me, let me hold you?" His soft words almost made me cry again. I could hear the agony in his voice and the hopefulness in his words.

I just nodded.

He pulled the blanket off of me and laid it aside on the chair. He took my hand and helped me up; he even caught my Kindle when it fell from my lap as I stood.

I took his hand as he led us into the bedroom and closed the door behind us. Tomorrow I would worry about going back to school, how to live without Edward and all the other stuff. Tonight I would just be with him and enjoy whatever part of himself he decided to give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment