Wednesday, September 16, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 17

Chapter 17-Edward

After a full day of driving and some arguing about what our first activity should be after arriving in Malibu, we finally stopped and made our way to the beach; I mean it was one of the top spots in California to surf, so it seemed natural to stop there and make it a home base. We could travel to the other spots we wanted to surf from there. It also seemed like it would work out for the girls to stay in Malibu as well. As it turns out Jasper and Emmett were currently in negotiations with Alice and Rosalie to stay with us, in whatever we rented for the summer. That was fine with me.

When we stopped at the beach, it took all of my restraint to not peek when Rose and Alice held a large beach towel up over the back of the Sub so Bella could slip on her swimsuit. Her long legs alone showing out the bottom of said towel made me want to go over and yank that sucker down and mount her.

I was a good boy, though. I changed, grabbed my board and made my way down to the water. There were several large groups of people there still surfing. We had several more hours of sunlight left so no worries about time.

The girls settled in on their towels and Bella pulled out a book I think. At this distance it was hard to tell. Her body looked so lean and sexy against the dark blue of her towel. As I discovered last night, her skin was soft and warm; her hair smelled like jasmine and fresh cotton sheets, her stomach had a small amount of fine downy hair that made me want to rub my nose across it. Everything about Bella made me want to run my nose across her.

I paddled the board back out and concentrated on the waves. The last thing I needed in a wet suit was a woody and thinking of Bella would definitely give me that. I saw the perfect beginnings of a wave so I turned back towards the shore and got in position to ride it. I was too busy concentrating on the wave to actually look at Bella to see if she were looking at me but I could feel her watching me. I could feel her eyes as they roamed my body, through my wet suit and across all of the distance that separated us. I could feel her. I think I'm in fucking trouble.

It was finally too much to take and I swam in to be with her on the beach. I tucked my board under my arm and sprinted to her, I stabbed it in the sand so it would stand safely and turned to join her. She concentrated on what I now knew to be her Kindle and only briefly did I see her eyes move. I knew she was working with everything she had to not look at me so I forced her hand; I shook the cold wet ocean water all over her. It didn't work; she merely brushed it off and continued to read.

Actually, she brushed me off all night long in one way or another. She didn't speak a word to me and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get her too. Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie carried on all around us but I sank lower and lower into a depression. If only she would tell me what I did and I would fix it, but I can't fix it if I don't know about it. So I watched her and waited, she had to get tired of it sooner or later. I fell asleep waiting on her to get tired of waiting. I hoped she would come to bed with me like she did the night before but no such luck. I woke up later that night and noticed she was not in the bed with me, so I went looking for her.

Apparently she did get tired but not of the waiting, she just got physically tired, so tired that she went to sleep in the chair by the patio doors in our hotel suite, with her Kindle in her hand. That had to be some kind of a good book for her to spend all damn day reading that thing. Seriously, we are talking non-stop, religiously reading it.

When I found her there I took a glass and poured some of the whiskey that Jasper brought with him and sat in front of her. I sipped the whiskey and watched her. Her sweet face was so tender and angelic in her sleep. I wanted to pull her in my lap and kiss her pouty lips until she was lightheaded. She must have read my mind because she stirred and sat up to find me watching her sleep. Great that doesn't look stalkerish at all now does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment