Wednesday, September 16, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 13

Chapter 13-Edward

The next day when we headed out from the motel the girls asked if it would be okay for them to take their turns to drive. We agreed. However had we known that it would mean that they got to choose the music we would have said not just no, but hell no!

When it was Rosalie's turn we heard way more of strong women's music than any man should ever be subjected to. We are talking angry women, women that want to take their steel tipped stiletto and stab it through a man's dick. We all cringed when a new song came on. Emmett tried several times to convince her that we should see what the radio stations were playing but she insisted that we keep listening to her iPod. I slapped Emmett in the back of the head, I mean if he couldn't help us out from his position in shotgun, maybe it was time to release that seat to someone else.

Well we were happy when we stopped for lunch and Alice wanted to drive after that, little did we know that she would want to play bubble gum pop. Alice played Spice Girls, Britney, Madonna- I know she isn't bubble gum pop but her early stuff is a little feminine for me-Mandy Moore, even some Celine Dion. She confessed that she couldn't drive without some fun, light music going. I was about ready to stab an ice pick in my ears by the time Bella called her turn. I prayed that she had better taste than her roommates did.

We all switched seats, Bella in the driver's seat and me in shotgun. This was Emmett's idea, each girl had to have a guy to help them navigate or just in case of an emergency type stuff. I think he wanted to see Rose's legs as she drove, but whatever, it worked for me because I got to sit up there when Bella drove. She was so damn funny, she hopped in, put her seat belt on, moved her rear view and side mirrors, and then attached her iPod to the cord that would allow the music to be heard through the speakers in the car. When all of that was done, she threw her left leg up into her seat and rested her left arm on her bent knee. Something about that position made me think that Bella was bendy and well bendy led to other ideas that weren't safe so I pulled her iPod up and began to check out her songs. She had several playlists. I clicked on the Road Songs, for obvious reasons and she backed the Sub out of the spot. I cringed and waited but was surprised when some really good acoustic music began to play. This made Jasper and me perk up since that was the sort of thing that we played when we got the chance to play that is. It was with great pride that I realized that the acoustic stuff meant that Bella and I were compatible music wise anyway. The rest we had to work on.

"So, tell me more about Jake, why did you two break up?" Bella cringed and I felt bad for bringing it up. I knew from yesterday by the pool that he was an asshole that treated her terrible, I should have just left well enough alone. "Never mind, I'm sorry. You already said enough, I think I know." I patted her leg and marveled at the softness of her skin. It was like touching a baby. At that moment I just wanted to run my hand up and down the length of her thigh but I knew she wasn't ready and I didn't want to start some stuff in the car that we couldn't finish. So I withdrew and allowed her to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment