Wednesday, September 16, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 18

Chapter 18- Bella

So far this trip had cost each of us about a hundred bucks, not counting our food; so much cheaper than if we'd taken this trip by ourselves in my old truck. That thing got about five miles to the gallon so the gas alone would have killed us. Plus we had great company as well.

I called Charlie and let him know about our hotel room for last night. Not the sleeping arrangements, we made it sound like the three of us slept in one bed and the guys stuck to their original plan of two in the room and one on the pull out. Charlie would drive out right now if he thought otherwise. We hung up with him and made the last few hours of our drive in great time. Before we knew it we were pulling into Los Angeles County. The boys wanted to head straight to Malibu beach. Because according to Jasper it was the best surfing in the state. We all finally conceded and we drove there and changed in the back of the Sub with a large towel held up to keep us from showing our goodies to the world.

The guys untied their boards and we all made our way down to the beach. I took my Kindle and my towel. We sat on our asses and watched as our boys ran off to go and surf. They were good, like really good. We realized this as all the beach bunnies came to sit directly in front of us to watch them make their way out and ride back into the shore. Rose was close to stabbing one girl as she chattered on and on about what she would do to Emmett when she got him out of his wet suit. Alice just pretended that they didn't exist while chanting, 'he's going to marry me, he's going to marry me.'

I just sat back and shrunk into my towel. How could Edward really want to be with me when there were all of these beautiful girls here that were willing to give him what he wanted right now? I didn't watch him any further after that. I didn't watch when he ran onto the shore and stabbed his board upright in the sand, I pretended not to notice as he shook his wet suit and shaggy hair all over me. I pretended not to notice him as we stopped to eat or when we finally found a hotel to stay in. In fact I pretended so much that I fell asleep in the chair by the French doors while I pretended to read. I woke up to see Edward sitting in the chair across from me with a glass of whiskey in his hand, while he pretended that he didn't know I was awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment