Wednesday, September 16, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 12

Chapter 12-Bella

The car ride was comfortable enough. Edward drove, Emmett sat up front in shotgun seat, Jasper turned his long legs sideways and took up the first back seat, while Alice-who sat closest to the window to be close to Jasper, Rose and I took up the last seat. Edward fiddled with the radio and turned on a pop station, music filled the air and we listened for a while. Alice and Jasper thumb wrestled. I think it was just an excuse to touch one another. If you asked me Jasper looked as taken with Alice as she was with him. I also knew that Rose had checked out Emmett quite regularly and scared off three girls in the diner that approached him from behind. So that left Edward and me as odd men out. At least I had someone to talk to and wasn't left alone while they all made out right in front of me.

Finally, Alice clapped her hands and began to bounce. I knew this to be a dangerous thing, this meant trouble but the boys were so clueless about her. They looked excited that she started a round of twenty questions. Well, I say twenty questions, it was more like each of us took a turn asking a question and we all answered. I shared way more than I wanted to with all of them but I couldn't lie for shit so I figured that I would just go ahead and tell the truth.

I watched Edward's eyes when I answered and he tried to appear like he was watching the roads but he was not at all. I would look away just far enough so that our eyes would not meet yet I could still watch him in my periphery, every single time he looked back as soon as I looked away. In true fashion of the game I even admitted that I slept with Jake at college and how bad it was. I still felt shame wash over me as I thought of that night and how he blamed our terrible sexcapades on me. As much as I wanted to fight with him about it I just couldn't. I mean he was the experienced one and I was the virgin, why didn't he know what to do already? How was it my fault? Edward spoke up and reassured me that it was probably his fault and made a joke about the trustworthiness of college guys. It made us all laugh and turned the mood back to a light and fun time. I was thankful. I tried to give him a shy smile in the mirror but for once he didn't look back at me.

He did look back at me when we all admitted to the time we got drunk and made out together. In fact all three of them looked, well if you'd call it that. It was more like someone stuck a hot poker to their asses, shocked, astounded, dumbfounded, something more along those lines. The three of them looked to be more than a little turned on by that fact and Rose had to work hard to keep them engaged in conversation so that the idea would be dropped. I don't think she succeeded.

The good thing was that Edward's past wasn't filled with any deep dark secrets so it seemed like he wasn't a sick sex fiend that you always hear people say, 'he seemed so normal.' At least not that he was admitting. I do have to confess that I'd like to try out a few things that he has done, I will have to add them to my 'fuck yeah list.' That's the name of the list that Alice, Rose and I came up with for things that when you hear them you think, fuck yeah I wanna try that. So these few things belonged on there for more than one reason.

When we stopped for gas Emmett suggested a hotel and that we could split the cost six ways. We all agreed because really, who wants to sleep in the back seats of a Suburban? Luckily enough the next exit had a hotel, and it had one room available; a suite, so really it was two bedrooms and a pull out couch bed. We took it and the girls piled into the bigger bedroom, while Em and Edward took the smaller room. Jasper lost one of those manly contests of rock, paper, scissors so he got the couch. The guys took off for the pool while we shaved and changed. The whole time Alice droned on and on about how it would be great for us to hook up and have a fantastic summer.

"Alice, I don't want to hook up. We have to go back to college in such a short time and there is no way I can do a long distance thing with the course load that I have next year, no way. It's just nice knowing that we can have a good time and feel safe." I knew that the words sounded so puritanical and innocent as I said them but I really wasn't sure I could do it. Hook up and leave him, I mean. I already felt way too much for him and we had only been in the car for one day together, not even a full day.

After the sexy flirting and touching that went on at the pool, it was no surprise that Alice, Jasper, Em and Rosalie all left us to go back up to the room. I really wanted the chance to catch up with Edward so I went to sit beside him on the shallow end of the pool. Our feet dangled in the water and we talked. We shared and we confessed. I told him the whole story with Jake and he told me about Tanya. Sounds like it was definitely too soon for us to think about any future between us. Way too soon, that was for damn sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment