Wednesday, September 16, 2009

ARLTY-Chapter 11

Chapter 11-Edward

Bella and I talked about so many things; we were able to cover the years between our last day at Forks High until now. I told her about my break up with Tanya and she detailed how she dated and broke up with Jacob Black. Both of us were left pretty jaded by the experiences of our past relationships. I hoped that I would eventually find love again and explained this fact to Bella. Her eyes lit up and she agreed with my sentiment. Once again, I cursed the fates that we would be half way across the country from each other, to keep us from actually pursuing a relationship with each other. I wasn't sure why but it just felt right with Bella. Maybe because I knew that I couldn't have anything with her, the pressure was off on both of us to perform. We could simply be ourselves instead.

When Bella and I drifted up to the rooms we noticed that Jasper and Alice were locked into an embrace on the couch. Bella ignored them and headed directly for her room to shower and change. I, hesitatingly, headed for mine as well. A few minutes after I entered the room Bella knocked on the door seeking entrance. I bid her to enter and she stood still slightly wet with her clean clothes in her hand. "Well Emmett and Rosalie were in our room so is it okay to shower here in yours?" She bit her lip and hesitated. "I might need a place to sleep as well, would that be okay too?"

I couldn't turn her down; I wanted her by me so I had to agree. Bella in the shower was probably the worst torture I could live through, though. In fact I wasn't even sure I could make it through with my entire mind intact. I waved her on anyway, like the madman that I apparently am. I closed my eyes and pictured her soaping her beautiful body. It was not helping my situation that she would soon be laying in the bed beside me. It made my thoughts go to a place that I had already resolved myself that I wouldn't allow. Something about Bella made me think those thoughts anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment