Saturday, November 29, 2008

Chapter 16- Let's Tell Them The Good News

Chapter 16- Let's tell them the good news

Bella

The entire room erupted into shouts and applause. And then they all started asking questions at the same time.

"When are you due?"

"What's it going to be?"

"Where are you going to live when the baby comes, and will you go back to college in two different states?"

So Edward held up his hand and turned to walk into the dining room, he pulled me along with him. All the others followed and sat down in their seats. Edward decided to start this "Family meeting" with his instructions.

"Bella and I have had a rocky few months, so not a lot has been talked about and decided. We'll need time to take care of some things and figure out the best way to make our lives as easy as possible. Some questions we will not know the answers to yet, so you'll have to take a "we don't know" and not push the issue." He made a point to look at Alice, who simply stuck her tongue out at him. "When we know we'll let you know, just give us time, so with that said Carlisle I think you and Esme have the right to ask first."

Carlisle looked at Esme and nodded. She licked her lips and turned towards me.

"Can I be in the delivery room; after all it is my first grandchild?" She looked sheepish at the sudden burst of question but she was radiant with her smile. It told us how truly happy she was about the baby.

And again the room erupted into laughter. I reached over and squeezed her hand.

"Of course Esme after all you are my only Mother now, and I'll need my Mom with me."

Esme stood up and came around the two chairs that separated us to hug me. When she pulled away I could see that she had small tears in her eyes, but her smile was just as radiant as before.

Alice went next, "When can we go shopping and what do you already have Bella?"

Edward took over answering this question and I was so thankful. "Alice, I think that'll be one of those "we don't know" answers. We'll need to figure out where we'll be and how much space we'll have so we'll shop later. I don't know how much later, just later. Sorry." Alice didn't look happy about that answer but she took it like a pro, she didn't pout, whine, cry or even stomp her foot not once.

Jasper cleared his throat and said, "Do you know what it is, the sex I mean?"

Edward turned to me and I shook my head no. "I wanted to wait until it was born, I know it sounds crazy but I figured that if Edward has to wait to find out that I was even pregnant then I could wait to find out what I was having." Edward seemed pleased with this answer but Alice was once again bouncing in her seat to respond.

"Bella, how are we gonna know what to shop for if you don't know what you are having?" Alice whined.

Rose saved me; she had a great suggestion, "Why don't we just buy for a boy and a girl, that way we're covered?" My head was swimming at the costs of such an idea, even if it did save me from Alice and her persistent questions.

Alice clapped her hands and she went to the kitchen. She came back with her laptop and a pad.

"I'm going to the baby sites to see what essentials we need and start our list. I'm sure we'll need a lot of stuff, have you ever seen those Mom's in the mall, they're loaded down with stuff. I'll let you know when the list is ready, and we can begin shopping. By the way when is the baby due again?" Her eyes never left her laptop as she rambled off all of her info to me. She was serious when she was on a mission and this was certainly a big mission.

"February 18th" I responded.

With that Edward's eyes got big and he took a deep breath. I turned to him to ask if he was okay, but he just smiled. He began speaking, "That isn't that far off that's all. We really do need to get started, for once I think Alice is going to come in handy, after all she is the one that can help us pull this off in that amount of time. I think Bella and I need to talk major details while Alice and Rosalie plan, so if you'll excuse us we'll be upstairs deciding some things. Besides Bella looks dead on her feet, she needs to rest. She told Charlie she would stay here if it got too late, so I think I'm going to have her call him and let him know." Edward was so sexy when he took charge like that.

Carlisle and Esme both stood when we stood up, and approached me. I hugged them both, and Carlisle whispered into my ear. "I knew you would do the right thing, thank you for bringing our family back together and giving this to Edward. He wants this so much; he'll be a great father and husband you know."

I smiled at them both and nodded my affirmation to his statement as we left the room.

Once we were back in Edward's room he pulled out a pair of pajama pants and a plain white t shirt. He handed them both to me and motioned towards the bathroom. I went in and changed into them, brushed my hair, and washed my face. When I came back out he was sitting on the bottom of the bed, and I became nervous. I knew this was silly, we were going to have a baby together but we had never been in the situation of getting into bed together to sleep. It was kind of scary, but Edward looked very relaxed. He smiled and patted the bed next to him. I climbed into it and snuggled close to him, it was a small bed so there wasn't much room, especially when one of us was very pregnant. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"Bella, Alice does have a point. We do need to decide where we're going to live and a lot of other details once the baby comes. So I guess we need to talk about it and try to make a few decisions. We don't have to make them all tonight let's start with a few and each day we'll decide a few more until they're all made. How does that sound?"

I nodded and asked him, "Okay, first we need to start with where we'll be when the baby is born and where we'll live after the baby is born. Why don't you tell me your ideas on those two questions?"

He pinched the bridge of his nose and drew in a deep breath, "I would like to be here in Forks when the baby is born and maybe stay for a few months. I think if I take a semester off then we'll both have plenty of time to have the baby, spend some time here and then get back to college and get settled before we start the next semester, what do you think of that?"

"Edward that's what I wanted, I know Charlie and Carlisle will want to see the baby and they can't take off and fly out like Esme can, so I was hoping we could stay here for the birth." He smiled and nodded at me as I spoke. "Now, on to where we'll go when we go back to college, how are we going to manage that with you and me in different states?"

"Well, I was thinking since you are on a full scholarship, it would be easier if I transferred to Dartmouth, then we could get a house and settle in there, before we both start the next semester. One of us could go to evening classes, if we wanted, or if you like the daycare we could leave the baby in the daycare, whatever you want." He seemed so unsure of himself and I felt terrible for putting him in that position.

"Edward won't the transfer mess up your plan, I don't want that."

"Bella do you want us to live together or apart?"

"Together." I sighed in defeat; I really didn't want to be apart from him ever again.

"Okay then, you let me work out the details and I'll promise you that I won't do anything that messes up my dreams, how is that for a compromise?"

"Much better, now I know we'll be here in Forks, but where will we live, I don't want to be apart, but Charlie's place doesn't have room for all three of us, so what do you suggest?" I waved my hand in front of my stomach to include our child in the three that I spoke of.

He walked over and placed his hand along my face, "Silly Bella, we'll never live apart again if I can help it. I think tomorrow we should go and talk to Charlie. We need to ask him if it's ok for you to move in here until the baby comes. We have plenty of room here and that way you wouldn't need to be alone when he has to work at the station. Besides you'll have plenty of help after the baby is born." He shrugged as if it didn't matter to him but his smile told me the truth of his feelings. "Who knows all the rest of them might take a semester off, when they see how much fun we're having with our new baby. We might start a Cullen family trend! How would that be, three little ones running around?"

A large smile crept over my face, as I pictured Esme sitting on the couch with three little kids around her, she would be in complete heaven.

Heaven…

Just the word alone was able to remind me that my mother was in fact in heaven, she wouldn't ever sit on the couch playing with my child, any of my children. I sat abruptly on the bed as the tears washed over me. Edward sat beside me and held me in his arms as I cried. He didn't say anything to me at all. He just let me purge my emotions. This was the hard part, the silly little reminders that bring it all back without any warning. It did feel so good to have Edward with me to help assure me that I would be fine, with time.

The tears finally stopped but after awhile I yawned very loudly. Edward moved away from my body and pulled the covers back for me to climb inside of them. I felt so cold without his warmth beside me. I was amazed at how quickly we had moved back to the normal us before I left for Dartmouth. I knew that life with Edward would be an easy one, our relationship had always been effortless. Our love for each other was undeniable. It made me feel so comfortable to know that Edward had never stopped loving me while we were apart. I know that I never stopped loving him either. It only grew in strength in fact.

I climbed under the covers and he tucked them tightly around me. I pouted at the fact that he did not appear to be getting into bed with me.

"Aren't you coming to bed too?" My question came across as petulant and whiney.

"Bella, I'm going to run downstairs and check with Esme and Carlisle about us staying here and using the room down the hall for the baby. That way it'll be up here, close to us and not disturbing anyone else in the house. Also I need to let Alice know she can start ordering furniture, for us as well as the baby." He smoothed the hair off of the side of my face as he spoke. I loved the way he always needed to be touching me.

I adjusted to lay more towards my side so I could look up at him as I was saying, "Furniture for us, what do we need?"

"We need a larger bed that's what we need; besides we can take it with us when we go back to our house at Dartmouth," Edward replied.

I liked the way that sounded "our house", it had a nice sound, and I couldn't wait.

"Okay, then let's order some furniture."

After my response he kissed me, a deep passionate kiss that conveyed all of his love and need at the same time. I knew I had missed this part of Edward. I let the past few months of needing him flow into my kiss back to him. He opened his mouth to deepen the kiss and I willingly followed along. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip, pulling it into his mouth and sucking on it. I loved it when he did this and he knew it. I felt his smile pull at the corners of his mouth, when a small moan escaped my throat.

He ran his hands down my ribs and stopped at my hips. I was afraid he would notice that they were larger now, but he didn't stay long enough, he pulled each hand back in to caress my stomach. It felt so nice to have his warm hands rub my stomach; it was surprising how much a small gently gesture turned me on beyond belief. Another moan crept out and Edward leaned back in and kissed me again. This time it was filled with need, and desire.

I ran my hands up into his hairline at the back of his neck; I knew he liked it when I did this. It also helped me pull him deeper into me. It was hard to fit against him as well as I used to with my larger stomach, but I could still feel every inch of him.

He ran his hands up under my t shirt and up to my breasts. I never knew how much more sensitive they had become with the pregnancy, his touch almost made jump. He pulled his hands down to my hips and said, "Sorry, I guess I should have asked."

"Edward, don't apologize, that felt like heaven. It's just that no one has touched them since I got pregnant and I didn't know how sensitive they were." His hands crept back up as I spoke. When they arrive at their original destination, I moaned, "I think I like being pregnant. I can't wait to feel them against your chest and your mouth."

I guess my words encouraged him because he raised my arms up and pulled the t shirt off. He slipped my bra straps down off my shoulders, and kissed down my neck, across my collarbone and down the center of my chest. Far enough away from both breast to drive me crazy, and when he reached the center of my chest he slowly trailed open mouthed kisses towards the right breast. He teased along the fullness and then gently took my nipple into his mouth. A loud moan escaped my lips and I arched my chest towards him encouraging him. It felt so much better than I imagined, and I would spend the rest of my life pregnant if it brought me this much pleasure. Edward moved back towards the other breast with his mouth. Once he had reached his desired location he took the nipple into his mouth and began his sweet torture again. I could only hold onto his neck and enjoy the sensations his mouth was creating. I could feel the warm heat spreading from my chest out into my body and causing a reaction down in my core. Edward slowly moved back up my neck to my mouth, and gave me another searing kiss. I sighed into his mouth, taking his top lip into my mouth. I knew he preferred my bottom lip so I left it open for him, and he didn't disappoint me. It was promptly sucked into his mouth and Edward gently nibbled on it. Then he leaned back and looked deep into my eyes.

"Bella, is this alright? I don't think I can stop if we go much further, so we need to stop now, if you want." I shook my head no, I wanted this more than he knew. I wanted him. "I've waited so long to have you back in my arms, and now to have you in my bed as well, it's too much. I have so many things I want to do to you, but first I want to make slow sweet love to you. We have the rest of our life to do all of the other stuff, right now I want to show you how much I love you. Can I?"

How could I turn down those perfect words when paired with his amazing face? Besides I think I wanted it as much as he did, so I nodded my affirmation to him. I pulled at the bottom of his t shirt and pulled it off and threw it over with mine. I ran my hands over his chest and stomach, and down to the top of his jeans. I shivered in anticipation, and licked my lips. He must have understood my signal because he kissed my lips as he slid his hands down to my sweats. He slid his hand in the waistband at my hip. He slowly caressed it in small circles until I thought I would lose my mind, the sensations were too much. To be here with Edward, and with him touching me, it left me totally intoxicated. As he moved his hand towards my stomach he was causing my sweats to slowly fall lower and lower. I was unable to stop anything at this point; I needed Edward to finish what he had started. I tangled my hands into his hair and followed his sweet mouth over my body. All I could do was make sure he didn't break contact with my skin. I slowly stepped back to be able to remove the disheveled clothing that remained on our bodies. I pulled my sweats down and stepped out of them, and then I unhooked my bra and discarded it. I could hear Edward removing his clothes as well, the sound alone was enough to make my hands move faster I closed my eyes and just listened to Edward's movements, it was almost as erotic as his touch. I felt his breath on my shoulder and I turned to face him. I was shy and scared of the changes in my body. Standing there in front of Edward, I was scared that he would find them undesirable, so I covered my chest, but he pulled my arms away from my chest and pulled me towards the bed.

"Bella don't cover yourself, I want to see you and your beautiful body. You're amazing, I love how pregnancy has changed you. Your body, it curves in all the right places. Beautiful. The glow on your skin is indescribable."

"Edward, pregnancy has made me fat, that's all it has made me."

"Bella, your hips are begging for me to hold them, they fit my hands perfectly." He placed his hands on my hips to emphasize his words. "Your breasts are sheer perfection, so full and soft. I love the feel of them when I hold you against my chest. You're definitely not fat, you're perfect. I'm so turned on just looking at your body and our baby in your stomach, now come here and let me make love to you."

Our conversation was officially over. I knew he meant every word he said, and I could tell he enjoyed my "fuller" body. I did have to admit that my hips were better looking during pregnancy.

He pulled me into his arms and backed up towards the couch. He sat down and pulled me onto his lap, he leaned in to whisper something into my ear. I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying, I was completely naked sitting on his hard cock, and he was whispering in my ear. I just sat and enjoyed the sensations that were taking over my body.

"Bella, I've waited for so long to feel you like this, you're so beautiful."

He leaned down and started to kiss his way down my neck, his progress so slow that he was driving me insane. He pulled me closer to his body and slightly lifted my body and slide into me, all I could do was close my eyes and throw my head back at the overwhelming sensations he was causing. Edward sat very still and allowed me to just feel him, and when I opened my eyes to encourage him to continue on, his eyes were alive with the fire that threatened to consume of both. I knew his body was engulfed in the same sensations I felt, I allowed myself to imagine we were the only two people on the planet, and this was all we needed to do. Just be with each other, and enjoy each other.

As Edward slowly began his rhythm I held onto his neck and met each of his thrusts, trying to show him I wanted this as much as he did, and I was enjoying it as much as he was. I felt the moan as it slipped from my mouth, I threw my head back and arched my back to change the angle in which Edward entered me.

"Fuck Bella, how do you do that? I could stay here all night and just feel you. I'm not going to last long with you moaning and thrashing into me."

I tensed at his words and thought I was doing it wrong. I slowed my motions and tried to slow my brain down to stay in charge of my body. He felt the change in my body and immediately rushed to make sure I correctly understood his ramblings.

"No Bella, don't stop, you're perfect. I want to see you enjoying what I'm doing. But all of your beautiful noises are doing me in." I nodded at him, speech was not an option at that moment. "Just don't blame me if we finish quickly." His hands ran up my sides again and his fingers spread out and held me along my ribs. "Your body feels so perfect, I love you."

"Edward."

I wanted it to sound sexy and adult, but I'm sure that it sounded like I was choking. I was overwhelmed by his words and the increase in his rhythm. I could feel the warm buzzing start in my stomach and spread to all of my limbs. I was on the edge of my orgasm and I could tell by the strength of the sensation it was going to be intense. Edward shifted his body slightly and he entered me deeper than before. I gasped at the sensation and fell right over the edge, enjoying the sensation that our bodies were creating. I felt Edward's body tighten and with a last deep thrust he achieved his release.

I laid my head on his shoulder and placed light kisses there, I had the sudden urge to laugh out loud. I wasn't sure where the urge came from, but I'm sure it was hysteria due to my euphoric state. Edward gave a small chuckle that caused his chest to slightly rub against my tender breasts. I leaned back and looked deep into his eyes.

"I love you Edward, I'm sorry I didn't do the right thing from the start."

"Bella, I love you too, don't ruin what we have by apologizing. We're where we are because of our mistakes; I don't regret any of them. Now, you need sleep."

He stood, placed my feet on the floor, and helped me redress. I got back into bed and he tucked the blanket around me.

"Bella, I'll be right back in a few minutes, I want to talk to Esme and Carlisle. Then I'll come back to bed with you, okay?"

"Okay." One word was all I could manage, I was too happy and tired to complete a sentence.

Edward shut off the lights and closed the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment